The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hairs are being split. Both launches had garbo games. MS should've had a Halo/Gears of War and Sony should've have an Uncharted/Final Fantasy. They both goofed and put out multi-plat games people can play on their last gen shit.

Szlia

New and Upcoming Playstation 4 Games at Metacritic - Metacritic

and

New and Upcoming Xbox One Games at Metacritic - Metacritic

I notice now there are some issues though as some multiplatform games don't have enough XB1 reviews to register (Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel, Skylander)

That changes the scores to 17-11, 9-10, 0-2.

PS: Note I only consider games with a score above 75, so most of the Kinect games that are XB1 exclusives are not considered (while the list you posted did not include several digital download games available at launch on PS4 - Flower! Buy it!)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
sweet, love the insults. The wiki showed much different results than what you posted, if they are wrong then my bad.

insert random insult not pertaining to discussion.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You are of course wrong, the american Dreamcast launch wasn't it the official world launch.
The original Dreamcast launch had a terrible library as well as the PS2 launch.

Dreamcast one year before American Launch

Ps2

We already went over this like 100 pages back, keep up little one.

Success is subjective when you are talking about opinion of games.
The statement was the Xbox one wiped the floor with the PS4 launch exclusives.

Forza, Dead rising 3, Killer Instinct, and Ryse are all better games then Knack, and Killzone.
How come the list on Dreamcast is MUCH larger than the one you posted?

Dreamcast
U.S. launch: September 9, 1999
AeroWings[7]
AirForce Delta[8]
Blue Stinger
Expendable
Flag to Flag
The House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL 2K
NFL Blitz 2000
Pen Pen TriIcelon
Power Stone
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Sonic Adventure
Soulcalibur
TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
TrickStyle

PS2
U.S. launch: October 26, 2000
Armored Core 2
DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track & Field
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
FantaVision
Gungriffon Blaze
Madden NFL 2001
Midnight Club: Street Racing
Moto GP
NHL 2001
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Q-Ball: Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
SSX
Street Fighter EX3
Summoner
Surfing H3O
Swing Away Golf
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad

Column_sl

shitlord
Because you're an idiot, and are unable to look at the dates.
Dreamcast Launched worldwide in Japan almost a year before America, and PS launch once again in Japan almost 6 months ahead of the US.

It be like listing the PS4 titles a year from now for it's launch list...

Sean_sl

shitlord
Regardless of what titles youpersonallythink are better, the PS4 won on software sales according to the NPD.

Personally, I loved the launch for AC4: Black Flag (by *far* the best game on either system) and Resogun. The other titles are somewhat enjoyable too.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Cloud? Really guy? The cloud is the worst marketing nonsense.

Microsoft needs to beef up their first party studios and compete with Sony with high quality games, not magical secret sauce that doesn't exist.
I know, I know but there's always the chance something magical could happen. Worst case scenario is nearly all games are ported between all three systems (including PC) and few developers make any effort to push to any systems advantages.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
So, I ended up canceling my PS4 preorder back in November due to not being super pumped about the launch games. The wife ended up surprising me with an Xbone and Forza for Christmas and I have really enjoyed it. I'm really surprised how often I end up using the voice commands and really dig how all the app switching stuff works.

Anyway, I've wanted to pick up a PS4 but just wanted to hear some opinions from people that own both. I've got AC4 and BF4, and I'm sure the PS4 versions look better but the Xbone versions look pretty swell to me. At this point I'll probably wait until Infamous comes out and see what the general opinion on it is, it's looks insanely awesome but the 2 previous ones didn't do much for me. I know the PS4 is generally a more powerful gaming machine, just wandering if there are any massive reasons right now to get one other than the fact I like cool new toys.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are zero reasons to own either machine unless you want to play a specific game on that machine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Might as well just wait on the PS4 unless you have money to burn. They both have shitty libraries right now, regardless of what anyone in this thread is saying, and the exclusives aren't really good for either.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
People tend to forget that this community is more hardcore than the casual gamers. Also, most are PC gamers at heart. For me though, I'm the minority here and mostly console game. For me the launch has been fine. I'm too busy to burn through games anymore. I have BF4 / AC4 / Resogun also Killzone (not opened) and received Don't Starve last week. That's plenty to keep me busy. Hell, BF4 / AC4 Have taken up all my time.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure this is a good deal. What you guys think? The newer games it comes with I could sell off to offset the price.

500GB PS3 + EXTRAS

If you live in Phoenix don't be stealing my goodies!! Haha

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It was

Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Forza
Ryse

VS

Knack
Killzone

rrr_img_56731.jpg
All 6 of those games blew dick.

Resogun was easily the best exclusive on either console - which isn't saying much.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
People tend to forget that this community is more hardcore than the casual gamers. Also, most are PC gamers at heart. For me though, I'm the minority here and mostly console game. For me the launch has been fine. I'm too busy to burn through games anymore. I have BF4 / AC4 / Resogun also Killzone (not opened) and received Don't Starve last week. That's plenty to keep me busy. Hell, BF4 / AC4 Have taken up all my time.
Hah, I haven't opened Killzone either. Own both consoles and a bunch more games though.

2k14 and AC4 haven taken up most of my next gen playtime.