The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Same issues are happening with XB1. Wife just got me one for Christmas and can't get signed in for anything. The passthrough for Uverse works fine though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My PS4 is in a separate wiring closet.. They should have made this wireless or HDMI/Cat5 based for those that have a multimedia cabinet.
I would be surprised if even .01% of the Playstation demographic fell into this category. That is not a consideration worth designing around.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, servers have been down for a few hours at a time since some point in the middle of the night after Christmas Eve. Last time this shit happened a few weeks ago I could not sign into PSN again for literally 1 week and 5 days. I'll be fucking pissed if that shit happens to me again on my vacation time.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I would be surprised if even .01% of the Playstation demographic fell into this category. That is not a consideration worth designing around.
Perhaps, but if they would have just made this a standard USB connector instead of some proprietary "pseudo-usb" interface it would be a non-issue. The proprietary connector makes no sense..

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Cool, thanks for the link.. This will work if I can daisy chain three of them together. If it was plain USB I could just pass a 20' USB cable through the wall/ceiling and be done with it, but this should work.

Since my PS4 is essentially a brick right now since I can't connect to the PSN to download a game, I was going through the menus and saw that it supports a mouse and keyboard! But after further googling, it looks like mouse/keyboard support doesn't work in games, only the PS menus?? Is this true? I had always hoped there would one day be mouse/kb support for first person shooters, as I just could never adapt to using the dualshock instead of a mouse after 10+ years of PC fps gaming..

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cool, thanks for the link.. This will work if I can daisy chain three of them together. If it was plain USB I could just pass a 20' USB cable through the wall/ceiling and be done with it, but this should work.

Since my PS4 is essentially a brick right now since I can't connect to the PSN to download a game, I was going through the menus and saw that it supports a mouse and keyboard! But after further googling, it looks like mouse/keyboard support doesn't work in games, only the PS menus?? Is this true? I had always hoped there would one day be mouse/kb support for first person shooters, as I just could never adapt to using the dualshock instead of a mouse after 10+ years of PC fps gaming..
Xim 4.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
For K&M most people are using 3rd party hardware (xim4.) it's not cheap but some folks swear buy it. I think it's discussed in this thread I have not tried it but instead am trying to train myself to play FPS on the controllers. It's been a long hall...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know if the ps4 bundle with TLoU and GTA V is physical media or digital download for the games? The Target website doesn't make it clear.

Vaclav

TLOU has usually been digital while GTAV has been physical for the places I've seen similar running.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone know if the ps4 bundle with TLoU and GTA V is physical media or digital download for the games? The Target website doesn't make it clear.
GTA5 is hard copy, TLoU is digital (I had the actual box in my hands at one point).

Looking to buy a PS4? Best Buy put a nasty deal out. They have the pick 1 of 4 bundle out for $349.99, and get the headset too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-pla...at296300050017

Vorph

Considering it. I have about $100 on a Target gift card I was planning to use when I buy one, but since I still have zero interest in even downloading the Destiny DLC I already paid for I may just wait and see if there's a better deal between now and Bloodborne. Not really any other games to play still that aren't also on PC.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Considering it. I have about $100 on a Target gift card I was planning to use when I buy one, but since I still have zero interest in even downloading the Destiny DLC I already paid for I may just wait and see if there's a better deal between now and Bloodborne. Not really any other games to play still that aren't also on PC.
Do you have the Cartwheel app? Apparently there's a 10% coupon on the Target Cartwheel app today for PS4 consoles. That might help you.

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
3) Harmony remote doesn't work with PS4
frown.png
Yeah, Harmony remote doesn't work with PS4. But you really don't need it to. When you press the PS Button on your controller to start the PS4, your TV should automatically switch to the correct HDMI and the PS4 will be playable without using your remote to do anything. When you want to go away from the PS4, just use your Harmony remote as you normally would.