The Book of Boba Fett

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the part that i don't understand is why he needs the bacta tanks NOW but not DIRECTLY AFTER getting out of the sarlacc? dude seemed generally fine in the flashback last episode, but in current time, he can't go an afternoon without collapsing into a bacta tank...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
the part that i don't understand is why he needs the bacta tanks NOW but not DIRECTLY AFTER getting out of the sarlacc? dude seemed generally fine in the flashback last episode, but in current time, he can't go an afternoon without collapsing into a bacta tank...
Maybe he's got PTSD and that's why were getting all these flashbacks.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That was the only thing I was really confused about too.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Removing the mystery of Boba Fett is going to be a disaster.

He needs to be more like batman, he never seems prepared for any of this shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
If he ends up being the omegachad everyone thought he would be, they'd need to pack all his frailties in the past through flashback scenes. Even Arnold had to slog through Conan's slave scenes turning the wheel of pain and studding slave girls in a cage.

It could all turn to shit for sure, but if he was gonna end up being Rambo/Godfather/Muad'Dib all rolled into one, then the first two acts would have to show Boba getting shit on nonstop.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m wondering if we ever see him use his Gaffi Stick again. Beyond a scene in Mando before he picked up his armour I’m guessing he retired it for good.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
They'll probably tie his Tusken background with his struggles against the Hutts/Underworld to become "Daimyo" and that's the likeliest place we'll see the gaffi stick again.

The Hutt twins will probably kick his ass all over Tattooine until he rolls up with the Tusken and win.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I think they're basically the mafia where you need a go-ahead before killing a made man. I dunno if they've ever explained it like that, but I kinda hope they don't.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The show is pretty "meh" at best, but my eyes were rolling into the back of my head during the nipple stick ceremony/montage. Holy fuck was that bad.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I think some of you are just numb and calloused to exposition... it's gotta be bam bam bam right out of the gate.

It's just like Mando. i.e. It's good, not mindblowing, just good... and definitely worth watching.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah, except Mando was a new character and the first time they had done a live action SW show and we still only got one VERY short flashback to show why he hates droids. Boba is a well established character and his actions and attitude seem completely contrary to how he used to act.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's not just like Mando. I don't really get how people keep saying that. Also, there are plenty of shows that are slow burn and full of exposition that people like. The problem isn't what the show is doing, the problem is that the show isn't doing those things very well. Like I said I don't think the show is aggressively bad but it's definitely worse than Mando by a pretty big margin.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's not just like Mando. I don't really get how people keep saying that. Also, there are plenty of shows that are slow burn and full of exposition that people like. The problem isn't what the show is doing, the problem is that the show isn't doing those things very well. Like I said I don't think the show is aggressively bad but it's definitely worse than Mando by a pretty big margin.
this show needs a big event to get people talking about it. some kind of buzz. we got some pointless train heist which didnt do much. we did get a blue balls confrontation between Bobes and the Hutts. when shit actually goes down between them, then we can start hyping this. so far though its snoozeville.
compared to Mando, we already had Baby Yoda doing his magic and making women's hearts melt with cute overload.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just a curiosity, but why does he need permission to kill Hutts?

In the games and shows I have played/watched, the Hutts are/were a huge power in the outer rim, with their own territory akin to the republic or separatist in the prequals.

Hutt space was centered on Nal Hutta, and their territory/government was mostly modeled after the five families of the New York mafia. To keep the "ungovernable" outer rim mystique, the Hutts didn't seem to control their territory with huge fleets, but instead with money and corruption. So, if you kill a Hutt leader (a "made man" equivalent, as phisey phisey said), the whole organization will come after you, unless you work out a deal (payoff the right Hutts) beforehand.

Clone Wars TV show has a decent amount of Hutt and outer rim background. SWTOR also has a bunch of Hutt stuff, but it is set ~1000 years before A New Hope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
mando was simple: mando finds the cutest motherfucking baby in the galaxy, and he spends the next 2 seasons protecting him. Easy, simple to hook friends through WOM, and then they ran creatively with it and folded in more and more complexity and layered in a lot of fun and interesting things but the core was always the same (and it'll be interesting to see what happens with season 3).

Boba Fett still is unfathomable in many ways. Why does he want to run Jabba's crime hood? He seems to like money but he lives like a monk. What is driving Boba Fett?

I'm sure they will give us the answers, but so far its just "day in the life of Boba" which isn't that compelling. Mando had a lot of member-berries as well but so far thats really the only thing interesting in Boba.

Cybsled

They should have a scene where Boba kills the Hutts, then 20 years later gets invited to a Mandalorian ceremony, but the room is empty and Fennec shoots him in the back of the head

• 2Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have a scene where Boba kills the Hutts, then 20 years later gets invited to a Mandalorian ceremony, but the room is empty and Fennec shoots him in the back of the head
Bro, THAT would be such a huge twist that people would talk about that for fucking everrrrrrrrr.
My question was just that I didnt know why he just didnt shoot black chewbacca in the back, then armor rocket the Hutts walking away. Its not like theyre going to jump out of the way. But I guess if the whole neighborhood is going to come after him for it, that makes sense for why that wouldnt be very smart. Spronk also brought up a good point that .. we dont really even know what Bob's motives/goals are at this point and that just seems odd?

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Krrsantan and Boba were bros in the comics. I guess he was de-legended if he was legended at all.

Fett_BK.png

The scar on his face is from Obiwan's lightsaber, which is another possible callback to the upcoming Kenobi series. But I'm not sure if he has that scar in the show. Doesn't look like it from his official poster:

BlackKrrsantan-TBoBFPoster.png

• 1Like