The Book of Boba Fett

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That Obiwan show is likely gonna be 90% flashbacks.

The opening and closing scenes will be shots of Obiwan wandering the desert, checking up on Luke and trading with Jawas but the bulk of each episode will be a convenient way to rehash all the Mandalore/Bo Katan stuff, crimson suns/Maul, Thrawn stuff in live action format. I suspect it's all in preparation for whatever they're planning to unfuck the movies.

They might have Darth Maul show up just to die, that would be cool. But I'm getting the feeling Kenobi and probably even Andor are all just a clever way to reshoot Filoniverse into live action Disney+ properties.
hopefully it all takes place on Tattooine. havent seen that place in a while.
:p

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe Obi-wan will be the show that actually uses the Tusken Raiders for more than just feelings.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
They made us feel bad for sand people who kidnapped and ran trains on Darth Vader's mom. That's commendable writing right there.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah, Mando is set 9 years after the Battle of Yavin, a little after Obi Wan shrugs off his mortal coil.

0iang4n1bnr41.jpg
Good pic for someone like me who looks at the books and anything not the movies but are considered canon and is like wtfux is all this shit people are talking about, thanks.

So based on that, then this:

ukryukyu.jpg

Boba Fett was in the Sarlacc pit for fucking YEARS? I get that he was part of the tribe for some time too but is the idea here that (if he wasn't in Sarlacc) that he was with the Sandpeople for like 5+ years? Just being one of them and existing? Seems implausible for a bounty hunter of his stature.

I was thinking this timeline for Boba Fett was literally right after RoJ... say... a year or so max between escaping the pit and current time as (now) dealing with the politics of Mos Eisley.

So to be honest, as a casual fan, I'm all flummoxed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They made us feel bad for sand people who kidnapped and ran trains on Darth Vader's mom. That's commendable writing right there.
Hey,

Sand people have rights too. It is impossible to know, but I am pretty sure that there are factions of them that are rough and then you get to see the relatively peaceful ones that get squashed because they were not one of the rough factions. Its how the narrative fits that matters.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good pic for someone like me who looks at the books and anything not the movies but are considered canon and is like wtfux is all this shit people are talking about, thanks.

So based on that, then this:

View attachment 395628

Boba Fett was in the Sarlacc pit for fucking YEARS? I get that he was part of the tribe for some time too but is the idea here that (if he wasn't in Sarlacc) that he was with the Sandpeople for like 5+ years? Just being one of them and existing? Seems implausible for a bounty hunter of his stature.

I was thinking this timeline for Boba Fett was literally right after RoJ... say... a year or so max between escaping the pit and current time as (now) dealing with the politics of Mos Eisley.

So to be honest, as a casual fan, I'm all flummoxed.
i think, yes, the idea is that he was in the sarlacc for quite a long time as well as being with the tuskans for a few years as well

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Sand people have rights too.
Look man, I'm not trying to push an agenda here, I'm just saying there's something intrinsically broken with the sand people when statistics show that 13% of all sand people commit 55% of all train heists.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
971e1ed236cfeb6ff8b599c98d4215f4.png

i have the same light, it's supposed to swivel and have a mag base, it broke, it was good for a while b/c i could mag it to the hood of the car and get insta light.
8a499bb5480a4d900d866a1d43309b4c.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
One of the big advantages of the Sarlacc as an execution device was how it would slowly digest its victims over a thousand years. That's probably scary for Yoda or Wookies, but for everyone else you would've been digested by the bacteria in your own toenails 900 years sooner.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How does a human survive longer then like a week without food and water? Dude got out the next day and then jerked off Tuskans for 9 years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How does a human survive longer then like a week without food and water? Dude got out the next day and then jerked off Tuskans for 9 years.
yeah, he wasnt in no sarlacc pit for years. maybe a day or two. cuz if a sarlac can make somebody live a thousand years during the digestion process, everyone would be wanting to chill down there to be an almost immortal. just need a protection against the acids and you can wait out anything bad. oh shit, i dont like this Imperial stuff, let me mosey on down to Mr Sarlacc and put the alarm clock on snooze for a hundred years and hopefully they will be gone when i wake up.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In the EU, I think they explained that the Sarlacc would absorb the minds of the beings it consumed and their bodies would get fused into the flesh of the Sarlacc.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In the EU, I think they explained that the Sarlacc would absorb the minds of the beings it consumed and their bodies would get fused into the flesh of the Sarlacc.
Ya, was a diagram here or somewhere that basically showed people fused with the belly of the Sarlacc.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
You are confusing the timeline even based off that picture. Mandalorian takes place 9 years ABY..After the Battle of Yavin. 1st Death Star.
Boba goes into the Sarlacc a few weeks/months before the Battle of Endor. 2nd Death Star. Roughly 4 years ABY.
They don't outright state it in the show, but the Jawas showing up to loot the wreckage of Jabba's sailbarge implies that it very recently happened. Boba was only in the Sarlacc for a day or two at most, the Jawas show up and take his shit, leave him for dead, the Tuskens show up shortly after, and he stays with them for 5 years (which they did a shitty job of showing but that is the intention).
When we first see him in Mandalorian in Chapter 9 watching Mando speed off with his armor after getting it from Cobb Vanth post Krayt Dragon fight, its now 9 years ABY.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
he spends at most a few hours in the saarlacc, or however many hours of oxygen his suit has? He wakes up and is struggling to breath, he immediately steals some air from the dead storm trooper, then flamethrowers his way out.

Jabbas barge was still smoldering when he climbs out, and as mentioned earlier, he had freed himself and was passed out before the jawa's appeared to start scavenging the wreck and them bitches are quick.

he spends several years among the tuskens, at first as a prisoner then as a member of their tribe. If his appearance in Mando is 4 years after the saarlacc then you can assume he spend like 3 years with them.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
and he stays with them for 5 years (which they did a shitty job of showing but that is the intention).
Yeah, that's where I'm finding issue here looking at Grizzlebeard's timeline. That's what I saw and am basing this off of, as I am with my post above, saying that this doesn't seem plausible just as far as his character. I'm not trying to argue the timeline or the facts (as I was just straight up confused by... you guys always explain it better, thanks), I'm merely saying that it seems like a bounty hunter like Boba wouldn't just be hanging out with sand people for 5 years heh. That is why I thought (as you yourself admitted, they did a shitty job of showing it) the amount of time was much shorter which THEN lead me to be like... well... that means he was in the Sarlacc pit for YEARS. See what I mean?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The series has been improving over time, I agree with the comment someone made that Bryce Dallas Howard has done a great job directing in the last episode and the 2 she did in The Mandalorian. I wish she directed more of these, she’s better director than actress. I have hope for the remainder of the series if it continues the way it’s been going.

At this point, even with the weak start I’ve been mostly enjoying the show. Then again, even with all the bad movies, I’m still a sucker for anything Star Wars.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The series has been improving over time, I agree with the comment someone made that Bryce Dallas Howard has done a great job directing in the last episode and the 2 she did in The Mandalorian. I wish she directed more of these, she’s better director than actress. I have hope for the remainder of the series if it continues the way it’s been going.

At this point, even with the weak start I’ve been mostly enjoying the show. Then again, even with all the bad movies, I’m still a sucker for anything Star Wars.
This last episode was decent, but she did that really shitty village episode of Mando, which might the single worst episode of that series so far.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This last episode was decent, but she did that really shitty village episode of Mando, which might the single worst episode of that series so far.
it was messy, but a lot of season 1 was hit or miss. season 2 was way more solid. the Mando episode was easily her best, the utterly amazing Ringworld set piece and the great CGI really helped.