The Book of Boba Fett

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hey thanks for proving my point about boba being a toy first and foremost lol. I didn't realize his entire schtick was a fucking toy pyramid scheme. That makes the nerd rage even more hilarious lol

He wasn't in star wars. At least not in the 70s. Not until 98? Or whenever Lucas did his hackjob on the original trilogy.

You are right kids of the 70s watched star wars. And they bought a lot of toys. And if you bought all 20 you could mail away for a new figure. Who? Boba Fett.. who's that? oh we'll introduce him in some non-canon christmas special cartoon. that'll get kids to buy more toys.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make anymore. mine was that Boba Fett was a thing before ESB and he was still a thing after RotJ. He has been a thing ever since. dont like it. ok blame gen xers for thinking he was cool as fuck for 44 years. well now they made him an old man with dentures who is trying to free Mars err Tattooine and provide water to everyone. he can still be cool, need more disintegrations though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
imagine opening a sealed boba fett toy?

now imagine your own brother did this for master chief (both are famous for being just helmets)

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
imagine opening a sealed boba fett toy?

now imagine your own brother did this for master chief (both are famous for being just helmets)
he's a bitch, at that age toys are meant to be played with. when you stop playing with toys, then you do that dumb shit of not opening the box. i only have one thing i have never opened and thats the VHS box set of Star Wars OT.
iu

the only reason i never opened it was because i already had them on VHS and this was a gift from a friend. otherwise i would have opened it. cuz i dont give a fuck.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make anymore. mine was that Boba Fett was a thing before ESB and he was still a thing after RotJ. He has been a thing ever since. dont like it. ok blame gen xers for thinking he was cool as fuck for 44 years. well now they made him an old man with dentures who is trying to free Mars err Tattooine and provide water to everyone. he can still be cool, need more disintegrations though.
I mean boba fett was a char, but never really struck me as more than that guy who is after solo and then I guess dies stupidly with all the other goons. This show is definitely not improving my opinion of him. I'm not sure how anyone could be a fanboy past "armor looks cool".

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
he's a bitch, at that age toys are meant to be played with. when you stop playing with toys, then you do that dumb shit of not opening the box. i only have one thing i have never opened and thats the VHS box set of Star Wars OT.
iu

the only reason i never opened it was because i already had them on VHS and this was a gift from a friend. otherwise i would have opened it. cuz i dont give a fuck.
I have my vhs tapes and my working vhs player still because of this. Fuck the new shit. Even the 'fixed' version that has that cgi is just terrible.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean boba fett was a char, but never really struck me as more than that guy who is after solo and then I guess dies stupidly with all the other goons. This show is definitely not improving my opinion of him. I'm not sure how anyone could be a fanboy past "armor looks cool".
that might be you, but to others he was HUGE in the 90s. he even had his own subplot in the prequels. dude is a legit thing. i mentioned earlier, my friends and i werent overtaken with him at the time, but he's definitely grown in fame since the early 80s.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Look i get it. I was a child of the 80s. Transformers was my jam. My favorite character was skyfire. I wanted that toy my entire childhood. Never go it though, i grew up poor. My cousin had it though, played with it every chance i got.

Thing is he only appeared in 1 episode, at the end he fell back in to the ice and was "lost". I watched week after week waiting for his triumphant return. Never happened. 8 year old me didn't understand licensing arrangements or crossovers. He was bandai? Some gundam thing that hasbro licensed to make a toy for US markets.

Thing is every episode introduced a new autobot or decepticon. So they could make more toys. Every cartoon in the 80s were just 30 minute commercials for toys. You can thank george lucas for that.

So yeah, i get the infatuation with action figures from your adolescence. The thing i don't get is, and maybe I'm the weird one here, but i never wrote fan fic about skyfire climbing out of the ice. I didn't get mad when he didn't appear in that michael bay rape of my childhood. And if he did appear, i wouldnt cry on the internet that "thats not how it happened in my head when i was imagining it"

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only one crying about anything is you bro. I was a 70s kid born in another country and still knew who bobba fett was. When we moved here star wars toys were huge. I remember playing with them outside. The coolest kids had the biggest collection to play with. And bobba was right there.

In fact I would argue that if youre not a kid of 70s or early 80s you just dont appreciate star wars. Like my kids. They could give 2 fucks about star wars. To them its some boring ass movies among the seas of cooler 90s and 2k shit.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
that might be you, but to others he was HUGE in the 90s. he even had his own subplot in the prequels. dude is a legit thing. i mentioned earlier, my friends and i werent overtaken with him at the time, but he's definitely grown in fame since the early 80s.
The fuck he was. He was an action figure. And subplot in the prequels? That's a reach. He got a 5 minute origin story i guess

The only one crying about anything is you bro. I was a 70s kid born in another country and still knew who bobba fett was. When we moved here star wars toys were huge. I remember playing with them outside. The coolest kids had the biggest collection to play with. And bobba was right there.

In fact I would argue that if youre not a kid of 70s or early 80s you just dont appreciate star wars. Like my kids. They could give 2 fucks about star wars. To them its some boring ass movies among the seas of cooler 90s and 2k shit.
Thank you. My point exactly. He was a cool action figure that little boys loved to play with.

He was never more than a throwaway character in the films. He was whatever your imagination made him. All im asking is for you to stop crying about his first canonical appearance post jedi not matching the adventures you had in your head with his action figure

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tldr, 70s kids ONLY had star wars to fawn over

now a days kids have too much shit to care about, otherwise the next greatest character would be
c0f8c23da815e52f8d413da210d4720b.png

lucas got lucky that dumbass 70s kids had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play with that some dork with a jetpack became their jam

Jive Turkey

Karen
these episodes are written 6-8 months before filming and not just "dropped" in, it was all planned over a year ago. It'll probably become super obvious next week when Boba and Mando team up.

I think the theory that eventually Boba Fett will acquire the darksaber (beat mando in single combat I presume) and become the leader of Mandalore makes a lot of sense, since Boba's pauldron symbol is the Mythosaur, which the Armorer straight up said will be a sign of Mandalore returning to greatness. Din Djarin's symbol is the Mudhorn.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boba Fett shows up in season 3 of Mandalorian, probably the Pykes have taken over Mandalore too so its all connected.
My money is on Boba riding a mythosaur by season's end. Possibly in the last scene. The Armorer saying it was just a myth seemed like a bit of foreshadowing

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fuck he was. He was an action figure. And subplot in the prequels? That's a reach. He got a 5 minute origin story i guess

Thank you. My point exactly. He was a cool action figure that little boys loved to play with.

He was never more than a throwaway character in the films. He was whatever your imagination made him. All im asking is for you to stop crying about his first canonical appearance post jedi not matching the adventures you had in your head with his action figure
he literally has flashbacks from his subplot in clone wars

tldr, 70s kids ONLY had star wars to fawn over

now a days kids have too much shit to care about, otherwise the next greatest character would be
c0f8c23da815e52f8d413da210d4720b.png

lucas got lucky that dumbass 70s kids had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to play with that some dork with a jetpack became their jam
we had other stuff, i had GI Joe, the big one, i had my Matchbox, Hot Wheels and Fast 111111s cars to mash up. i had a million cheap green army men with tanks, jeeps, trucks, airplanes and forts that i would play with for hours and hours. we had tyco slot cars and train sets, models to put together and play with. lots of stuff back then

My money is on Boba riding a mythosaur by season's end. Possibly in the last scene. The Armorer saying it was just a myth seemed like a bit of foreshadowing
we will see Boba riding the rancor first. i duno if Mythosaur is gonna be included. Mando will ride the Mythosaur i bet since its his episode and he is heading there next season.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Look i get it. I was a child of the 80s. Transformers was my jam. My favorite character was skyfire. I wanted that toy my entire childhood. Never go it though, i grew up poor. My cousin had it though, played with it every chance i got.

Thing is he only appeared in 1 episode, at the end he fell back in to the ice and was "lost". I watched week after week waiting for his triumphant return. Never happened. 8 year old me didn't understand licensing arrangements or crossovers. He was bandai? Some gundam thing that hasbro licensed to make a toy for US markets.

Thing is every episode introduced a new autobot or decepticon. So they could make more toys. Every cartoon in the 80s were just 30 minute commercials for toys. You can thank george lucas for that.

So yeah, i get the infatuation with action figures from your adolescence. The thing i don't get is, and maybe I'm the weird one here, but i never wrote fan fic about skyfire climbing out of the ice. I didn't get mad when he didn't appear in that michael bay rape of my childhood. And if he did appear, i wouldnt cry on the internet that "thats not how it happened in my head when i was imagining it"
If you only watched only the movies, sure. Boba Fett was essentially a throw away character.

Problem is, Lucasarts came into being and made a fuck ton of games and other things that built out the lore of the Mandalorians and Boba Fett in the intervening 40 years before the selloff to Disney. Off the top of my head, he made solid appearances in Shadows of the Empire, the N64 game, and in a slew of Extended Universe books.

Otherwise, yes, an action figure and 5-10 minutes of screen time in Empire are all he is.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting if true. Opens up a huge can of worms though with my biggest complaint about this show.

Do they de-age him? They have to right? So how do we explain boba? He falls into the saarlacc a 30, 35 year old man and crawls out 6 hours later, 20 years older and 30 lbs fatter.

Or since we never saw bobas face in the films do we just fuck the timeline and say he was approaching 50 in Jedi? Might explain why he was such a shitty fighter in jedi...

Maybe the saarlacc stomach acid started aging him faster like his clone brothers? Idk some macguffin is needed to explain why they cast that geriatric fuck as boba fett.

Its not a huge continuity issue if you take the show in a vacuum but if they de-age
harrison ford as han solo
even if its flashback scenes its going to become one.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
If you only consider canon, sure. Boba Fett was essentially a throw away character.

Non canon shit.

Otherwise, yes, an action figure and 5-10 minutes of screen time in Empire are all he is.
You mean 60 to 90 seconds of screen time, and yes.

Look. Favreau gave us iron man and laid the framework for the IW saga. I never watched the cartoons but I hear filoni redeemed the pre trilogy history even though he was restricted within the confines of the shitty prequel framework. They could of had boba fett crawl out of the saarlacc and open a bakery on naboo. Or start a feminist dance troop. That shit would be canon. Until they fuck up I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Everything else you wanted boba fett to be? You have zero frame of reference to complain. His appearance in mandalorian was the first time he appeared post jedi. You have nothing to compare this story to other than fanfic.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Interesting if true. Opens up a huge can of worms though with my biggest complaint about this show.

Do they de-age him? They have to right? So how do we explain boba? He falls into the saarlacc a 30, 35 year old man and crawls out 6 hours later, 20 years older and 30 lbs fatter.

Or since we never saw bobas face in the films do we just fuck the timeline and say he was approaching 50 in Jedi? Might explain why he was such a shitty fighter in jedi...

Maybe the saarlacc stomach acid started aging him faster like his clone brothers? Idk some macguffin is needed to explain why they cast that geriatric fuck as boba fett.

Its not a huge continuity issue if you take the show in a vacuum but if they de-age
harrison ford as han solo
even if its flashback scenes its going to become one.
yes, de-aging, like with Luke in Mando s2. did you watch Mando?