The Book of Boba Fett

Fadaar

That guy
the more i think about ep 5 the more pissed off i get about the previous 4. like wtf man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the more i think about ep 5 the more pissed off i get about the previous 4. like wtf man.
Its like they made Boba Fett as a way of making a person really enjoy The Mandalorian. There were a couple of Episodes in The Mandalorian that were just ok. Now compared to Boba Fett, those episodes look a lot better. It is kind of sad because I will never rewatch the first 4 episodes but I could rewatch The Mandalorian now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After episode 5:
AC02B8EC-E889-4418-ABCC-9129061D6383.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
even if you never watched mando s1/s2 and ONLY started watching the book of fett, eps5 would still be your fav, and youre thinking why the fuck are we focusing on bobba fat?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Boba Fett was never more than a small time figure. It's not the writers fault that you all wanted him to be and talked yourselves into thinking he was more than he is (over a span of 30years). Yeah he was marketed a bit more than other "nobodies", but that's because they like making money and having no real investment needed other than a "cool outfit" equated to an easy cash cow.

Just because I wanted the Pink Power Ranger to get gangbanged in the final episode of Power Rangers doesn't mean it's the fault of the writers that my hopes and dreams were shattered.

Chukzombi Chukzombi Disney is watching the FOH boards naturally.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Boba Fett was never more than a small time figure. It's not the writers fault that you all wanted him to be and talked yourselves into thinking he was more than he is (over a span of 30years). Yeah he was marketed a bit more than other "nobodies", but that's because they like making money and having no real investment needed other than a "cool outfit" equated to an easy cash cow.

Just because I wanted the Pink Power Ranger to get gangbanged in the final episode of Power Rangers doesn't mean it's the fault of the writers that my hopes and dreams were shattered.

Chukzombi Chukzombi Disney is watching the FOH boards naturally.
well, Lucas thought more of Boba than kids did. George knew everyone hated Jar Jar, he put him in all the prquels and inserted him into Return of The Jedi SE just to be a fucking prick. so fan input means nothing to him. Boba was teased in the Holiday special and he got his own subplot in the prequels. that tells me this is a George character as well as a fans character. Disney Boba is mess, but maybe they can dig themselves out of this hole.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
well, Lucas thought more of Boba than kids did. George knew everyone hated Jar Jar, he put him in all the prquels and inserted him into Return of The Jedi SE just to be a fucking prick. so fan input means nothing to him. Boba was teased in the Holiday special and he got his own subplot in the prequels. that tells me this is a George character as well as a fans character. Disney Boba is mess, but maybe they can dig themselves out of this hole.
Yeah I suppose. I just view him more as ad-hoc type content vs. something more planned with a purpose/future/etc which is maybe why I don't care as much.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I suppose. I just view him more as ad-hoc type content vs. something more planned with a purpose/future/etc which is maybe I don't care as much.
Mando was originally supposed to be a Boba Fett movie, that got scrapped, so they made a Mando show instead.
that tells me that Boba was planned, that he was a passion project to somebody, probably Favreau. but yes this show also feels superfluous.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
They could have made this show good. It just isn't. Honestly if episodes 1-4 got deleted from the timeline, I would have enjoyed myself more just jumping from mando s2 to ep1 of s3

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If they would of have used Boba instead of Mando, this whole conversation would be different. It has nothing to do with the character. It has to do with the shitty writing on the tv show. Hopefully the last half of the show keeps up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

honestly i think the primary issue is that there is a certain mythos surrounding boba fett that is almost 100% created by non-canon sources. sure there are moments in the films that really inspire you to think that there's something really special about boba fett... vader is surrounded by the galaxy's most ruthless bounty hunters, but when he says he wants the rebels alive, he has to specifically reiterate to fett that that means "no disintigrations!"

just the way he says that implies a WHOLE lot of character about fett. vader is basically the scariest mf'er in the known galaxy but boba fett clearly isn't afriad of him. he's obviously taken jobs from vader before and obviously vader wanted the target alive but fett got to a point while chasing his target where he was like, screw that noise, this fool is getting disintegrated. and not only did vader ALLOW it, he continued to hire him for jobs. in just a single line of dialogue you inferred a great many terrible things about boba fett.

BUT, all that is left to the imagination and any sources that have gone to explore that are decidedly NOT canon. so the fans are left with these "legends" about boba and have basically deified him, where the official source tells a story about a guy who had 5 lines in the movies and like 45 seconds of screen time. it's like disney recognizes that boba is a badass, but can't really show any reason WHY he's a badass.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
There's actually kind of a bunch of canon stuff about Fett now though and it's kind of a mixed bag, but it is what it is at this point. Prequels and Clone Wars and whatever other shit. None of that really matters in that the show still kind of sucks whether you're a huge boba fett fanboy or not.

j00t

There's actually kind of a bunch of canon stuff about Fett now though and it's kind of a mixed bag, but it is what it is at this point. Prequels and Clone Wars and whatever other shit. None of that really matters in that the show still kind of sucks whether you're a huge boba fett fanboy or not.
I think the show would be received very differently if it was about a character that people weren't familiar with. Or, I guess that's the problem. It IS about a character that people aren't familiar with. People have a view of boba fett that isn't canon and that the writers aren't making a show about.

I don't think it's a bad show, vespa gang not withstanding, it's just a show about a character with the same name as a badass bounty hunter

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
They held off on these posters till after ep5 aired. I get why for Mando and the Armorer but I dunno what's spoilery about Peli Motto since she was even shown in an earlier episode. BD-1 maybe?

FKaUR77VEAcfUYf

FKaUTOAVEAA3JRr
FKaUUhyVEAII_nv

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Special Editions pre date the prequels by two years

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
why do you do this? you know damned well they added the Revenge of the Shit "Nooooooooooooooo" into Return Of The Jedi.
here is Jar Jar at the end of RoTJ

Check it yourself.

Special Editions = 1997
Phantom menace 1999

You're most likely referring to post prequel alterations

I'll wait for your apology

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Check it yourself.

Special Editions = 1997
Phantom menace 1999

You're most likely referring to post prequel alterations
its still part of the movies and any version that came out after they added "A New Hope" is a special edition because its not part of the OT.