1644417457530.png

This is the way, FU Luke.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The standoffs were garbage. The strong female snipers going to the roof to do nothing was garbage, power rangers were garbage in everything, wookie and pigs getting swamped with melee weapons was garbage, rancor called in to prevent the city from being destroyed was garbage. Everything was garbage except for the rare few seconds of grogu and mandolorian. Oh and the story itself was garbage.[\SPOILER]

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The standoffs were garbage. The strong female snipers going to the roof to do nothing was garbage, power rangers were garbage in everything, wookie and pigs getting swamped with melee weapons was garbage, rancor called in to prevent the city from being destroyed was garbage. Everything was garbage except for the rare few seconds of grogu and mandolorian. Oh and the story itself was garbage.
that may be true, though i dont think it was that bad, i had such low expectations from Rodriguez for this episode that this was a big surprise.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
that may be true, though i dont think it was that bad, i had such low expectations from Rodriguez for this episode that this was a big surprise.
Absolutely nothing mattered in this episode. Outside of grogu and mado, there wasn't a single moment or person with whom there was any bit of emotional connection in order to give a fuck about. The best character arc in this show belongs to the rancor. Fucking thing is trash.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Man I just caught up the discussion from the last few days after watching the finale, and it's hilarious how far you guys were off the mark with your theories lol.

hey i wasnt far off other than Cad Bane taking a dirt nap. could still be alive though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1644424308590.jpeg

She’s going to run Mos Epsa and you’re going to love it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I was surprised they killed off Cad Bane, but I guess it's more or less how he was supposed to go since they cut out his showdown with Boba in Clone Wars.

I knew he was screwed because the syndicate killed Boba's Tuskan tribe, though, but I predicted that Cad did it himself. Instead the Pykes did it and Cad Bane just used it to rile up Boba.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plenty of nods to old movies in this episode. The Butch Cassidy and Sundance scene with Mando and Boba and the Rancor climbing the tower like King Kong.

I still think Rodriguez is a hack riding on the coattails of better directors.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
best episode of the series by far.

Easily the best episode among the Boba Fett episodes, sure. Shame those two Mando episodes snuck in there to curve the grading for the overall season.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
hey i wasnt far off other than Cad Bane taking a dirt nap. could still be alive though.

Im not sure he is dead. They did a slow zoom in and made sure you both saw and heard a blinking light on his chest. I wouldn’t be shocked if he survives and shows up again later. Easiest way to explain is where he was stabbed was replaced with machine parts.

End seems to setup Cobb running the town maybe since Boba is all “lol this sucks”

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure I've thought 'wow, this fight scene is like 20 minutes too long' before but here we are.

Also thought the post credits scene was going to be Cad Bane, but still happy with what we got there.

Really felt like 5 different shows wedged into a 7 episode season, what a schizophrenic experience. The Mando-centric episodes in particular, really were more like one of the DC TV show crossover events, but instead of it being over different series they just took over the one currently running.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They killed off Cad Bane? I mentioned it earlier but no one's ever really got the upper hand on him except the deleted boba scene

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
He got stabbed in the chest and we're meant to think he's dead. Though he could still be alive because of that lingering overhead shot with his chest equipment still beeping like a pulse.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was also a bit of a callback moment for Fett, he was bested, and turned the tables leveraging the Tusken stuff.

My first exposure to the character, I really liked him and hope we do get more somehow in the future. Will get around to watching some animated stuff at some point maybe.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think he is dead, its a great spot to end his story, even though it won't be the end of him on TV. He will definitely show up more in the Bad Batch, I wouldn't be surprised if they canonize some of the stuff from the unfinished episodes between him and Boba (those aren't technically canon right?)

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think he is dead, its a great spot to end his story, even though it won't be the end of him on TV. He will definitely show up more in the Bad Batch, I wouldn't be surprised if they canonize some of the stuff from the unfinished episodes between him and Boba (those aren't technically canon right?)
as far as i'm aware, it's still canon. cad bane had that metal plate in his head which has ever only been explained as taking a headshot from boba during that unfinished animated duel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users