The Book of Boba Fett

Fucker

Log Wizard
Dumb ep, fitting end to a largely dumb season.

Writing and level of effort reminds me of 70's shows like Charlies Angels and Wonder Woman. Campy writing, bad fighting, low budget everything.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bacta tank?

it had Cobb Vanth in it. The black dude is the same modder who saved Fennec Shand in an earlier flashback.
Ah ok I didnt notice who was in the tank. I knew the guy was a modder but wasnt sure if he was anyone of importance, other than being a modder. Thanks for the info.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dumb ep, fitting end to a largely dumb season.

Writing and level of effort reminds me of 70's shows like Charlies Angels and Wonder Woman. Campy writing, bad fighting, low budget everything.

thats a lot of quality in that clip. god tier pussy like Farrah in her Nike Cortezes and that beautiful land yacht Continental.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Seen more dumb shit this episode than the rest of the series, another Rodriguez episode so..
Quietly patrolling the streets in the old city... yeah in their sup'd up bling bling flashy painted scooters...
Scooter kids get surprised rescued by fennoc... only she jumps down to her bike parked right next to their dumbasses... how did they not even notice her getting there?
The two pig men get walked off the cliff... not even an attempt to charge out of that situation... if you're gonna die might as well be trying to escape instead of just walking back to death?
Then mando and boba flying out for the ambush was cool as fuck.... then they decide to sit in the middle of the street for a gun fight which just turned it into a dumb as fuck after scene.
Dumb wookie makes big entrance with his awesome big gun... only to limp down in the middle of the street where a heated cross fire gun battle was taking place... Do these people not know the fucking meaning of cover?
Then the short bus comes by and they all decide to hide behind it.. the cast of cats, the hunters, the scooter kids.. not like you're surrounded by buildings or anything...
Then the scorpion droids come out, big and slow moving... wait guys let's stay behind the bus, it's ok we have cover now.... oh noes they have shields.. let's keep shooting everything! wait the bus about to blow up let's now all run down the middle of the street away from them in a straight line...
Dumbass mechanic shows up and somehow doesn't know explosion sounds..... turn around! can't hear you!
Goes down the street at high speed rickshaw... save your tender moments we have a scorpion droid chasing us! (at snail speed mind you)
Girl power moment.
Insert rancor king kong moment...
Fennoc assassination scene seemed stupid, there was one hole in the roof where the shots came from and the mayor hanging ... but why does it look like none of them inside knew the hole was there and kept looking around... also same hole fennoc ninja's herself through...
Boba seems clueless and takes orders from everyone else.
They should have just did mando season 3 instead, the only good episodes from this mess.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Grogu's ability to walk is getting worse by the season. No wonder he took the first flight out of Luke Epstein's "Treasure Island". I guess getting sodomized with a lightsaber leaves its mark.

• 4Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This is some powerfully stupid shit and I haven’t even finished the episode.
Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
alright, watched it. had some potential for sure and good "ideas" but they basically cheesed up everything. i think that's robert rodriguez.

X Xenrauk hit most of the points above. the strats were dumb, everyone grouping up in one pile to fight the pykes, mando should have been able to kill most of them singlehandley by what we had seen in Mandalorian, especially with Fett & Fennec in tow.

overall "meh" but at least it had action & i'm glad Mando didn't give up the Darksaber (i think).

i'll add that i do think its worth watching the series if you are interested in star wars at all.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Who beat black chewwie in the gladiator fights? Black chewwie is a beast.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Going in to this episode knowing it was the finale after watching episodes 1-6 you are like how the fuck do they tie this all together? How do they connect these dots? Did a schizophrenic and his 7 different personalities write this show?

Yet the finale ties everything together and calls back to every scene and event in the first 6 episodes and wraps everything up nicely. Im still under the impression this was a one and done series (shouldnt get a second season) so really its just a proper send off for the boba character, while expanding the world a bit for tie ins to other disney + SW shows.

If you view this show in that lens, that its a show about boba fett, then this episode is clearly the best one yet.

The events that took place in episodes 5 and 6 were necessary to show why mando was available to help boba on tatooine, and also how grogu ends up back with him, but im not a fan of how much time was spent on that (boba was clearing training his rancor for 2 episodes off screen) episode 6 especially. The only good thing about ep 6 was seeing how good deepfake is getting, all the luke training montages with grogu were garbage.

I still contend that the quality difference between ep 5/6 and the first 4 is due to the limitations of hiring a 60 year old man to play a 35 year old fighter. It's the same creative team, same writers. You can see it in the finale too. His fight scenes were fine until he took off his helmet, then hes a geriatric old man in his standoff with Cad. In that final fight Its clear that they sped up the film, theres artifacts you notice beyond just cgi.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
$10 says they turn the mechanic's cart ride into a "3d experience" ride at the Park.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
All I could think of was this scene when I saw the Wookie run to the others:

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meh, the ending just felt so fucking hokey. Cheesing Boba Fett walking down the streets smiling and bowing at his citizens. Fennec with her quip about "har har do you want to share your fruit Krrsantan? LOL" as they all gave themselves a verbal family pat on the back for a job well done.

And don't get me started on douchey negro gang-guy. That ridiculous spin-around shot that had no purpose; him using his super-neeto eye tech to zoom in 20 yards and see lesbian gang-guy on the rooftop. If you have to do shit like that to make a character stand out, you clearly don't need said character in the story.

• 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed that a hell of a lot more on second viewing. It's not at all perfect, but I know I built a lot of stuff up in my mind on what they were going to do here and when they didn't do some of it, I didn't like it much. Maybe I'm stating the obvious but by the end this just ended up being a 7 episode long Mando side story/quest, they just had to set a lot of stuff up with Boba in the first 4 episodes to tell it "well".
The Mando and Grogu were featured so heavily in the last three eps I think that's all it was meant to be, a divergence from the main Mandalorian storyline which is what we will now see continue immediately in season 3.
High points - Cad Bane ruled, they pulled him off really well. I loved the conversation between Bane and Boba in this during their shootout and all the hints at their history, maybe it will get more people to watch Clone Wars. I hope he isn't dead but it doesn't look good even with the beeping chest thing. Tusken Warrior was fucking awesome, that whole train sequence in ep2, in fact that entire episode, was incredible. Rancor going nuts in Mos Espa was cool. And pretty much all of episodes 5 and 6 were incredible. More positive than negative for me in the end after all.
Bring on Kenobi!

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users