The Book of Boba Fett

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The Gladiator Wookie is from the Dr. Aphra comic line, which is one of the better liked modern SW comic series, but I ditched out of it after 20 or so issues. The good news is, that Wookie is pretty much a psychopath so fingers crossed they let him loose like he is in the comics. The bad news is he has a super stupid name.
Black Krrsantan....yeah
Pretty certain he is the first character that originated in the comic series' to appear in a live action show/movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this isn't like the Obi Wan series coming along and spending 3 episodes retelling existing lore we already know, this is all stuff that's going to payoff this season in some form, as has been speculated in other posts.

Not a big SW fan and thought this was a great episode, like the way Hard Knocks gives you something more to care about than yardage and wins/losses, I came away a lot more interested in tusken raiders - not something I ever thought I'd say.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Gladiator Wookie is from the Dr. Aphra comic line, which is one of the better liked modern SW comic series, but I ditched out of it after 20 or so issues. The good news is, that Wookie is pretty much a psychopath so fingers crossed they let him loose like he is in the comics. The bad news is he has a super stupid name.
Black Krrsantan....yeah
Pretty certain he is the first character that originated in the comic series' to appear in a live action show/movie.
thats something "new" thats still old and cool. thats how you freshen up an old IP. not feeling the Tusken stuff, but the Hutts and Black Car Suntan is cool.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This is probably one of those times I'm over the line a bit. I don't understand how all this Tusken stuff isn't one of the best parts of all of this. And they dragged the Pykes into this with this episode so you've got to imagine Boba pissed off Crimson Dawn/The remnants of whatever the shadow collective was once Maul got Obi-Wan'd for the second time.

Fadaar

That guy
Will be sad if we don't get a handful of cameos in the show. I guess the wookiee guy in episode 2 counts as one, but I'd love to see ole Cad Bane, Dengar, or Bossk show up. Hell, any of the OT or Clone Wars bounty hunters. Especially Cad since he and Boba have a... colorful past. He showed up in Bad Batch so he at least made it to the end of the prequel trilogy and then some.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
something a bit crazy, weird, kinda stupid, pretty fan servicy, but also kinda funny

Those 2 weird human characters at the "biker bar"? Super weird that they were there and did absolutely nothing, right? Turns out, its 2 characters that were in the original 1977 Star Wars movie in a deleted scene, lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I actually thought this episode was a lot better than the first. Standard popcorn cinema fare which is exactly what Star Wars always was supposed to be.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe he will stop getting his ass kicked now that the force gecko showed him where to get the upgraded nipple stick.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Maybe he will stop getting his ass kicked now that the force gecko showed him where to get the upgraded nipple stick.

except the ass kickings took place after the mindfuck lizard. checkmate atheists!

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Darth Krayt, legends now I believe
The idea of a Tusken Raider being a Sith made me do a WTF double take. Not trying to out nerd you but according to the internets Darth Krayt was a human that lived amongst the Tusken Raiders?

The idea sounds interesting, but this doesn’t look like the face of a species that yells out HONK! HONK!
08DB3018-FD58-4781-B710-E52B2B9214DC.jpeg

• 1Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a side the lukewarm FoH reviews is a bit of a bummer. I was somewhat hopeful they wouldn’t fuck this up, but…yea that doesn’t seem to be the case.

And yes I do take a lot of recommendations from this forum when it comes to movies and series. If something is new I check here first. Better to let you fucks suffer through all the bullshit instead of me.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I think not hating the show depends on how much expanded universe bullshit you know before hand. Sure they are incorporating some of that stuff, but for the most part all that shit is officially fanfic. If you never read any of the extended universe books (which I haven't) so you dont have some preconceived notion about how much of a badass boba fett is supposed to be, well you probably wont have a problem with the show.

edit:
If you were expecting him to be this bad ass guns blazing tony montana type crime lord then you could say the show is probably subverting your expectations. But I for one am expecting some kind of slow build, story driven, God father style payback crime lord so the show is unfolding how I expect it to. I think it will continue to be primarily flash back driven filling in the gaps and explaining how he ended up being the man he is now. I don't expect much forward progress on "current story" just a little build up per episode to add drama / tension then more flash backs connecting everything together. Final episode being the big bad showdown vs the hutt twins, not so much epic fight scene but again, God father esque get fucked nerd scene.

keep in mind a few caveats:
It's been 20 or so years since the actor filmed jango fett in the prequels, the dudes fucking old now. But the time line of this show is just after the fall of the empire. it's only been 5 years since we saw him fall in the sarlaac in Jedi. They kind of hand wave this away by playing up the injuries sustained while in the sarlaac, every night the dude sleeps in the medigel shit to recooperate, etc but reality is the actor just isnt young enough to be doing gay ass prequel yoda flips and shit.

We really don't know shit about Boba Fett from the movies. He has like 2 lines in Empire and then gets punked like a straight up bitch in Jedi. Gets his ass kicked instantly by a half trained luke skywalker and then immediately falls in the sarlaac benny hill style from a casual strike from a blind harrison ford. seriously just punked. He's got all of 45 seconds of screen time in that whole scene and he spends most of that either knocked down or flying blindly from a rogue jet pack activation. Seriously:

If you haven't read all the fanfic extended universe legends shit, then really the only thing you know about the guy you learned in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The point of this show is explaining the history and motivations of how Boba Fett came to be the guy we see in the Mandalorian.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I bet the Wookiee will join Boba Fett during the series. Either they will battle each other, Boba will win and spare his life or the Twins may betray the Wookie causing him to join Fett.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ep 2 is a lot better than ep1 imo.
I just hope they stop with the flashbacks. They are trying to get us to to speed on how he shows up in mandalorian and it's taking up a lot of time.

All this time was spent to explain the weapon he has in mandalorian. I would like to think they backed themselves in a corner when they made him have it in mandalorian and now they are trying to explain it. Because at least that gives me hope we might be at the end of the flashbacks.

I'm sure the tuskens will have a greater part to play though since they've dedicated this much time to them.

I want to see more of the twins and their wookie.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The whining would've just gone the other way if all this table-setting backstory isn't there. "Waaah why don't they show how he escaped the sarlacc and became a tusken muad'dib?!?" and "Waaah how did he get the crime lords to bend to his will?!?".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The whining would've just gone the other way if all this table-setting backstory isn't there. "Waaah why don't they show how he escaped the sarlacc and became a tusken muad'dib?!?" and "Waaah how did he get the crime lords to bend to his will?!?".
they spent barely even 2 minutes on Bobes in the sarlacc pit. it was fine. they could have spent another 5 minutes to catch us up. then we could just move the fuck on. hopefully next week we get Fennic's backstory. they can juice that one for a few weeks. maybe she was raised by Jawas, remember jawas?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked this episode a little more. Its nice just seeing how the universe's races relate to each other. This felt a lot more like I would imagine a Star Wars universe feeling. I am hoping that small comment about the multiple tribes means we get a 1000+ Tusken Raider attack near the end. It would be akin to the Fremen in Dune, which this has a few parallels too( They actually valued the term "Spice"). Interesting that the Hutts could not just be killed. I am guessing that a lot of power backs them up.

Its a slow build up, which can work very well if there is a great payoff.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
remember how we keep wanting a decent Underworld show and they flat out refuse to give it to us a proper one?

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
they spent barely even 2 minutes on Bobes in the sarlacc pit. it was fine. they could have spent another 5 minutes to catch us up. then we could just move the fuck on. hopefully next week we get Fennic's backstory. they can juice that one for a few weeks. maybe she was raised by Jawas, remember jawas?
Isn't Fennic's backstory in the Bad Batch? I haven't watched it so I'm not sure but I kinda remember she was animated in it.

• 1Like