The Book of Boba Fett

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nothing about the Episode 2 feedback so far in this thread tells me to start watching. This continues to sound like a subversion of the Boba Fett character.

"Tuskens kick ass" isn't all that enticing. How is this any different than Picard so far?

Cybsled

People on this forum bitch about everything

Episode was fine. First half setups the situation in the present, then they do flashback. I think storywise the flashback will play a big role

I bet Bib Fortuna is behind the spice smugglers and this Tuskan tribe gets wiped out and decimated badly. Makes Fortuna getting gunned down an act of revenge. I think they will play a role in the Hutt problem introduced

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Sterling

El Presidente
2nd episode wasn't particularly better than first one. I'll likely finish this out just because, but this is not a very good show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People on this forum bitch about everything

Episode was fine. First half setups the situation in the present, then they do flashback. I think storywise the flashback will play a big role

I bet Bib Fortuna is behind the spice smugglers and this Tuskan tribe gets wiped out and decimated badly. Makes Fortuna getting gunned down an act of revenge. I think they will play a role in the Hutt problem introduced
that sounds plausible, but nobody gives a shit about tusken raiders. nobody ever gave a shit about them. if thats their big twist reveal that would be the most underwhelming reveal ever. this show does have high production value and it does look interesting whats going on with the Hutts. people are interested in them. but we only got a few minutes of it. the Tusken stuff is blue balls. i rather see what the yellow twilek was up to.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that sounds plausible, but nobody gives a shit about tusken raiders. nobody ever gave a shit about them. if thats their big twist reveal that would be the most underwhelming reveal ever. this show does have high production value and it does look interesting whats going on with the Hutts. people are interested in them. but we only got a few minutes of it. the Tusken stuff is blue balls. i rather see what the yellow twilek was up to.

Besides the Tuskens, why don't more people have good things to say about it? What's the problem exactly besides episode length and Boba Fett being beaten in Episode 1.

Is this a subversion of the Boba Fett character or not? That should be obvious by Episode 2 whether that is the intention.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Besides the Tuskens, why don't more people have good things to say about it? What's the problem exactly besides episode length and Boba Fett being beaten in Episode 1.

Is this a subversion of the Boba Fett character or not? That should be obvious by Episode 2 whether that is the intention.
it just seems like pointless filler. i guess its a subversion if we expected a TV show about Boba Fett kicking all kinds of ass to him playing Dances with Wolves: Tusken edition . the third episode seems like its gonna make or break this show. they wasted 2 episodes earning the Tuskens trust and they introduced the main antagonists, the Hutts. so next week we see where they take this. if its mostly tusken stuff then thats bad. if its finally going somewhere with the Hutts then alright then lets see what happens.
they need more of this guy
iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The Tuskan buildup will play a role 100%. They’ll probably end up being a solution to the Hutt problem in the present. I also suspect the buildup will have an emotional payoff of sorts - I suspect his adoptive tribe gets wiped out at some point. It also helps explain why he saved Fennic, since he was also saved from death out on the sands.

In fact, I bet this plot point is key. Boba saved, shows loyalty. Fennic saved, shows loyalty. Gamoran guards saved, shows loyalty.

I bet the Hutts misstep is they don’t do this very thing and maybe that gnarly Wookie ends up showing loyalty to Boba. Gets back to the rule with respect vs fear.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
So is Boba gonna be Leto or Paul Atreides in this dune/sw remix? Tuskans are obv gonna be fremen who honk.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know why you would sit on the fence on this. If you like Mandalorian, this is more of the same. If you don't then, not sure why you'd waste time in the thread in the first place.

The biggest problem I see with the show is it might as well be Mandalorian. It hasn't really differentiated itself at all yet.

Its fine though. First two episodes have been like 6 or 7 out of 10.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tuskan raiders are a staple of star wars, but they are in this weird place of being both backwater nobodies and fearless warriors. I'm not necessarily opposed to that being cleared up, but star wars has an awful habit of introducing a threatening opposing force only to give them awful aim and no peripheral vision.

Like the characters are terrified of storm troopers but NONE of the audience is. It's the same with tusken raiders. I'm sure it makes perfect sense on the creative side to show the raiders as a challenge, but the audience is just wondering why boba has been nerfed so hard

Fadaar

That guy
now i wanna fire up KOTOR and massacre a whole village of tuskens

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
seeing new Hutts on live action was pretty fucking rad. A Wookie Gladiator? Holy Jesus fuck thats insane. And he does nothing. And then 40 mins of Dances With Wolves Tuskens or Avatar 2 : Sand People Are Noble Savages

i don't hate it, but its still very meh so far. Still, 12 year old me would be jizzing loads everywhere seeing Mos Espa and Hutt crime lords and Boba Fett, but older me is pretty jaded at "why the fuck is there a goddamn air train to transport 1 box of spice and a few guns?" Oh right, they just really wanted to do a western heist. Which I do like, but it all feels very fan servicy and kinda pointless.

I do really like the actors behind Boba and his hench lady, they are great. Also love the aliens, that snail Mayor dude was pretty neat. This isn't really the Boba Fett I ever imagined, but I'm willing to see where they go. I don't think its gonna end up being that good sadly.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want them to get to the meat of the story and stop giving back story. Series isnt going to be that long and them wasting 2 episodes on back story is just not ideal. Shows probably getting a pass on a lot of stuff for being Star Wars done by Jon Favreau but I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just want them to get to the meat of the story and stop giving back story. Series isnt going to be that long and them wasting 2 episodes on back story is just not ideal. Shows probably getting a pass on a lot of stuff for being Star Wars done bye Jon Favreau but I'm fine with that.
I hope next episode includes knitting and some macramé.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the problem with tuskens is, they have no faces or human voices. all their dialogue sounds like the few sound clips from ANH. they arent even trying to change that in this show. as a result, i dont have any empathy for them.

• 1Garbage

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Tuskens are going to help Boba secure his position as Daimyo. Then they will be integrated into society and treated as equals. The End.

• 1Worf

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
When I heard they were using the same boba/clone actor from the prequals, for some reason I thought it was a good idea... But if disney couldn't even get the old fucker on the hollywood roid program, then I assume the rest of the show is low effort also.

he's just too out of shape to be remotely.. respectable? intimidating? interesting? believable? something

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users