The Book of Boba Fett

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked this episode a little more. Its nice just seeing how the universe's races relate to each other. This felt a lot more like I would imagine a Star Wars universe feeling. I am hoping that small comment about the multiple tribes means we get a 1000+ Tusken Raider attack near the end. It would be akin to the Fremen in Dune, which this has a few parallels too( They actually valued the term "Spice"). Interesting that the Hutts could not just be killed. I am guessing that a lot of power backs them up.

Its a slow build up, which can work very well if there is a great payoff.
When it was said that they were just one tribe of many, all I could think about was "well fuck, here comes an Avatar storyline about collecting all the tribes to fight the big baddies." I'm actually hoping thats NOT the case.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The idea of a Tusken Raider being a Sith made me do a WTF double take. Not trying to out nerd you but according to the internets Darth Krayt was a human that lived amongst the Tusken Raiders?

The idea sounds interesting, but this doesn’t look like the face of a species that yells out HONK! HONK!
View attachment 391420
The reason I asked was because the Kenobi series is due this year and that teaser had a lot of concept art from Tattooine. I don't see what the fuck they were gonna do with Hayden as Anakin aside from flashbacks and I don't know anything interesting they could do with flashbacks unless they brought that old tuskan jedi back into canon.

The teaser also had concept art that looked like the Second Sister from Jedi Fallen Order too (0:31 for people with scuffed links):

But after looking at his Legends wiki I dunno how they'd fit darth krayt in.

Though now that I think about it, it's possible they could do some kinda callback/call forward to Mando/Boba in that show too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
i havent watched Bad Batch, not likely to either.

I'm only up to eps 3 on Bad Batch, but I get what you mean. If you don't plan on catching it then you won't mind the spoilers, just a quick search will pull up a few vids of Fennec in Bad Batch. Seems like she worked for the Kaminoans and had been involved with the Clones since around order 66.

If they do any sort of backstory for her in Boba, it'll just be a quip or two referring to those Bad Batch scenes I bet.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm only up to eps 3 on Bad Batch, but I get what you mean. If you don't plan on catching it then you won't mind the spoilers, just a quick search will pull up a few vids of Fennec in Bad Batch. Seems like she worked for the Kaminoans and had been involved with the Clones since around order 66.

If they do any sort of backstory for her in Boba, it'll just be a quip or two referring to those Bad Batch scenes I bet.
i was being a smartass, but her background could be some silly thing. i just want the story to happen so i could decide if i even like this show.

• 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
About the only big missing piece I see them going into is how Boba found Fennec dead on Tattooine and how she got her robot abs before we meet her again in Mando. I don't see them turning Boba into yet another mechanical genius, so I kinda suspect a run-in with some old clones. Especially since the Bad Batch specifically mentions how some of them didn't have the lifespan/age and cognitive limiters.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show must not be doing too well. the doomcock rumors are starting to swirl around that Han, Luke, Leia and Baby Yoda will appear on this show before the season ends. even if thats true, big wooptedoo. just make the show have a good story.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The idea of a Tusken Raider being a Sith made me do a WTF double take. Not trying to out nerd you but according to the internets Darth Krayt was a human that lived amongst the Tusken Raiders?

The idea sounds interesting, but this doesn’t look like the face of a species that yells out HONK! HONK!
A species that only communicates through honks and lives on ruined world...

Wait a fucking second, is Tatooine Earth?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this show must not be doing too well. the doomcock rumors are starting to swirl around that Han, Luke, Leia and Baby Yoda will appear on this show before the season ends. even if thats true, big wooptedoo. just make the show have a good story.

Only rumor I buy into, and it didn't come from Doomcock, is the Mara Jade rumor. Because I know Filoni and the team want to open the Ahsoka Thrawn story more and get more universe established.

There was a bunch of buzz from Zeroh about the casting of Mara Jade last year then it went radio silent. The silence for such a long time on it has me leaning toward the Jade appearance is happening. They could jam it in this series or wait for Obi-wan/Ahsoka. Rumor was during pre-production they were going to slam Mara Jade into Boba Fett series. That could have changed but if she shows up, same as Luke in Mandalorian, I will not be surprised at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Isn't Fennic's backstory in the Bad Batch? I haven't watched it so I'm not sure but I kinda remember she was animated in it.
Not really. She's in a few episodes and she's younger, but the entire story involving her is just her tracking down Omega and then stealing her back from Cad Bane for one of the Kaminoan factions. We already knew she was a bounty hunter from Mandalorian. There's very little character development in Bad Batch regarding her other than that. She's still almost completely a blank slate.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

...the entire season was filmed like a year ago, anythings possible of course but if they really wanted hype they woulda sort of let it leak before the show even begins.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
...the entire season was filmed like a year ago, anythings possible of course but if they really wanted hype they woulda sort of let it leak before the show even begins.
this show doesnt need cameos, though i didnt realize the one twilek is the girl from Flashdance. just give the good story.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
this show doesnt need cameos, though i didnt realize the one twilek is the girl from Flashdance. just give the good story.
Yeah, Jennifer Beals. She's only a month younger than Ming-Na, too.

the-book-of-boba-fett-jennifer-beals-social-featured.jpg

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Mara Jade wasn't legended?
everything pre-2014 was legended other than the movies and clone wars tv show. They just are bringing some of it back into canon continuity with whatever spin they deem fit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what I expected from this show but this isn't it. It's not bad it's just kind of lame.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe he's in the suit for most of it
Yeah I figured he'd be in the suit for most of the "current time" scenes where he would just be directing the destruction of the surviving Jedi. But Ewan sounded like they'd have scenes together, which would suggest a lot of flashback scenes.

Maybe they'd do live action callbacks to stuff they did during the clone wars, if only because Ahsoka and Sabine are live-action now too.