The Book of Boba Fett

Fucker

Log Wizard
oh yeah. space mithril. i wonder if we get to see Luke next week? btw that was the best Star Wars episode so far this year. it looked incredible and actually had an interesting plot. the downside, it almost had nothing to do with Boba Fett. maybe thats not a downside. i also wonder if that episode was a reshoot. because it felt like they bolted that shit on.
Pretty stark contrast between Boba Fett show and Mandalorian. Fett show doesn't even feel like Star Wars, yet Mando is dripping in it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
The nostalgia of the ship is cool but I'm guessing he won't be bringing in many bounties in alive with that thing. Sucks for his targets I guess.

Reminds me of driving a sportscar across America vs. having an RV.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Good episode of mando. Looks like we'll be stuck with more fett nonsense next week

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rieter

Molten Core Raider
Blower on a Naboo Starfighter. Space rednecks. Also any idea what was written on the side of it? theres a clear shot of nabooese or whatever the fuck before he takes it out koy riding.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The nostalgia of the ship is cool but I'm guessing he won't be bringing in many bounties in alive with that thing. Sucks for his targets I guess.

Reminds me of driving a sportscar across America vs. having an RV.
I am assuming he is going to be moving away from Bounty Hunting when Mando season 3 rolls around and they get deeper into the Darksaber and Mandalore stuff.

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
did you grow reading a bunch of boba fett fanfic? (ie the books and shit which are non-canon) If so then yeah you'll probably hate the show since its nothing like that.

If all you know about boba fett is the movies and season 2 of the mandalorian? Then this show is pretty much exactly what you expected. The only real facepalm so far is the fucking rainbow vespas in episode 3, those were fucking gay. Everything else so far has been showing how boba fett escaped the sarlaac, recooperated, and gaining allies and building a power base to become this godfather crimelord of tattoine.

Honestly the most disappointing thing about this show so far is that they cast the old fuck Temuera Morrison from the prequels as Boba Fett. He's too old and out of shape for action sequences and the show has suffered for it. I know they can't keep his helmet on all the damn time (too much like Mandalorian) but for fucks sake, in combat is when you should wear armor, put the damn helmet on and have a 20 year old stuntman film all the fights scenes ffs.

But more than just that, as much as we'd all love for them to gradually retcon the sequel trilogy garbage out of canon in favor of the favreau/filoni-universe I'd be equally happy with them retconning the prequels out as well, episodes 1-3 were just as garbage as 7-9. using the same actor reinforces the prequels, despite it being a huge detriment to the show since we're filming 20 years later, despite the events happening only 5 years after we last saw boba fett in return of the jedi.
For 20 years i thought the prequels should be retconned, then i discovered that younger people actually liked that shit. Also after seeing Disney`s version of star wars movies, the prequels seem like masterpieces

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The first good episode of this show is basically a The Mandalorian episode.

• 4Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Blower on a Naboo Starfighter. Space rednecks. Also any idea what was written on the side of it? theres a clear shot of nabooese or whatever the fuck before he takes it out koy riding.

??

koyriding.jpg

As much as I hate what the internet has done to civilization, I am at the same time overjoyed that I can type in "man riding koi" into google and immediately receive this masterpiece.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,

Thank you Disney for reminding me how much I prefer The Mandalorian to Boba Fett. That was a good episode. I still cringe a little at the space dock woman. It is like they are trying really hard to push her character and it comes off over acted every time. They could have completely left out the womp rat scene and it would have improved the episode. I loved the principle of the Dark Saber. It takes more than just physical strength to use it properly. The new ship is nice. The "Building a Better Bike" montage was different. It felt Star Wars, which is was I liked about the episode.

Here is hoping we get another Jedi kicking ass(Maybe a certain baby) scene coming up with the next episode....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So,

Thank you Disney for reminding me how much I prefer The Mandalorian to Boba Fett. That was a good episode. I still cringe a little at the space dock woman. It is like they are trying really hard to push her character and it comes off over acted every time. They could have completely left out the womp rat scene and it would have improved the episode. I loved the principle of the Dark Saber. It takes more than just physical strength to use it properly. The new ship is nice. The "Building a Better Bike" montage was different. It felt Star Wars, which is was I liked about the episode.

Here is hoping we get another Jedi kicking ass(Maybe a certain baby) scene coming up with the next episode....
they built her a lot of stuff for such a small character. i think she's either just a maguffin for when mando or boba need a something to do a something or maybe they want to give her her own show. i wouldnt be opposed to a space mechanic show with stupid droids doing stupid shit.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they built her a lot of stuff for such a small character. i think she's either just a maguffin for when mando or boba need a something to do a something or maybe they want to give her her own show. i wouldnt be opposed to a space mechanic show with stupid droids doing stupid shit.
I would not watch her own show. As it is, I feel like I would watch The Mandalorian season 1and then start with Episode 4 of Boba Fett and go from there, if I were to watch the show again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I would not watch her own show. As it is, I feel like I would watch The Mandalorian season 1and then start with Episode 4 of Boba Fett and go from there, if I were to watch the show again.
the mando show is their cash cow and last episode it looks like they spent all the budget on making that look good. totally OUT OF PLACE with the way the rest of BoBF looks. which is why i have a suspicion they added that episode later to beef up the Boba show because they know its boring as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
She's not getting her own show. Why would they?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She's not getting her own show. Why would they?
disney does dumb shit. they gave some little girl with big fists her own show. they gave the stupid cringe milf from wandavision her own show. why not space mechanic lady? her character is just as qualified and she has a bunch of cute droids working with her. dont deny the power of cute on stupid bitches who watch this shit.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
disney does dumb shit. they gave some little girl with big fists her own show. they gave the stupid cringe milf from wandavision her own show. why not space mechanic lady? her character is just as qualified and she has a bunch of cute droids working with her. dont deny the power of cute on stupid bitches who watch this shit.
Ahh, I didn't know any of that.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit that Agatha is going to have to get some kick ass reviews for me to watch it. I just did not enjoy the character as much as some did.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So,

still cringe a little at the space dock woman. It is like they are trying really hard to push her character and it comes off over acted every time. They could have completely left out the womp rat scene and it would have improved the episode. I loved the principle of the Dark Saber. It takes more than just physical strength to use it properly. The new ship is nice. The "Building a Better Bike" montage was different. It felt Star Wars, which is was I liked about the episode.
Her char doesn't bother me. She just some crazy chick that pops up now and then. And her stupidity also intelligently explains the problems all the other mechanics have on Tatooine in all the other movies. Going through all the legitimate sources and just thinking jawas are junk dealers. But if you're in the know they have the real goods, plus I like that disney actually gave him a new ship. It's a show that never lets anything die. Plus he's still got that astro pod to lock someone up in.

I'm also glad they explained a jedi made the dark saber before adding that it takes more than strength to use it. That makes it fall into the sure I guess so if its some jedi artifact. Otherwise it'd have been stupid.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
they gave the stupid cringe milf from wandavision her own show. why not space mechanic lady? her character is just as qualified and she has a bunch of cute droids working with her. dont deny the power of cute on stupid bitches who watch this shit.
There is a huge difference between a character that was just introduced on the Mandalorian and a character that has decades of comic backstory in Agatha Harkness.

• 1Seriously?