The Book of Boba Fett

spronk

FPS noob
to be fair we saw over 2 seasons of Mandalorian that Din Djarin upgraded his armor from durasteel to beskar as he acquired more beskar, which he also donated tons of to presumably forge more armor for other Mandalorians in his weird little cult. Season 3 should involve more mainstream Mandalorians (who show their heads, etc) so that'll be interesting to see how they work.

What makes less sense is how Boba survived at all in the sarlacc, a Mandalorian's armor is not a Biohazard suit. Only parts of it are beskar like chest shield, helmet, knee pads, etc. A lot of it is just synthetic fibers and shit like pants, shirt, shoes, etc. The sarlacc should have left him a quadriplegic but whatever, we hand wave that away and the magic bacta tank fixes cosmetic scars.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i always think the exact same thing when they talk about how strong beskar is, but then have these HUGE gaps in the armor where it's just the dude's shirt. like he's got some pauldrons covering a few inches of his shoulder, then NOTHING down to his gauntlets. look at how much ISN'T covered by beskar

https%3A%2F%2Fdorksideoftheforce.com%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2020%2F10%2Fie_58429-850x560.jpeg

bobafettx-large.jpg

Jive Turkey

Karen
Now you guys are just making feminist arguments against the utility of female fantasy armour.
Yous are better than that

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Ooof, just saw Episode 3.

Damn, they really jumped the shark.

I mean, that's it.... how do you rebound from that shitheap?
...by shoving one of those bzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooong acoustic bomb things from Clone Wars into the Sarlacc's gaping maw, that's how.

Damn I loved that part!

That balanced out the cringy bike chase of Ep. 3. We're even steven in my mind Disney. Make Ep 5 excellent please.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Now you guys are just making feminist arguments against the utility of female fantasy armour.
Yous are better than that
boob shaped armor is necessary. bikini armor is useless, but so is the concept of a female fighting in hand to hand combat with a male. so its more logical to not have her engage in H2H at all and instead just shoot everyone with her blaster.

spronk

FPS noob
thats some good meat for the sarlacc pit

Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter, shes in Jurassic World) directs the next episode. She directed the episode of Mandalorian where Cara Dune first came on board, and also the episode where we first met Bo Kotan (Starbuck), I think both episodes are considered pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a cameo from Mandalorian.

Dave Filoni directs the episode after that, I bet we'll see a lot of shit go down and new characters. He loves to fold in characters from Clone Wars and Rebels.

sadly Robert Rodriguez is directing the finale so I'd expect more goofy ass Spy Kids shit there

sarlacs are nuts

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This show is the perfect example of "some things are better off remaining a mystery". The idea of Boba Fett is so much better than the realization/truth through this story.
I am always shocked by the amount of attachment people have to a character that was on screen for like 5 minutes, said 10 words and died like a fuckin' dork in the original trilogy.

Maybe it's because I am old enough that the Original trilogy is the nearest star wars to me, but young enough that I watched them all together, so my child mind was like like "oh that guy is scary and cool" when my dad showed me Empire, then we watched RotJ and he fuckin fell in a hole and died and all his cool stuff was 100% useless. Wicket was a more competent warrior than Boba Fett.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I am always shocked by the amount of attachment people have to a character that was on screen for like 5 minutes, said 10 words and died like a fuckin' dork in the original trilogy.

Maybe it's because I am old enough that the Original trilogy is the nearest star wars to me, but young enough that I watched them all together, so my child mind was like like "oh that guy is scary and cool" when my dad showed me Empire, then we watched RotJ and he fuckin fell in a hole and died and all his cool stuff was 100% useless. Wicket was a more competent warrior than Boba Fett.
This is a perfect example of a post I 100% disagree with yet I worfed because it's hilarious.

A lot of Star Wars nerds are so militant about certain - things - because it's like.... this stuff is clashing with 40+ years of imagination. Star Wars lends itself nicely to the imagination versus being explicitly told what is what. So a bunch of nerds have imagined Boba looking this way, acting this way, doing this thing in this situation or that way etc etc... I'm a fan but I'm not THAT into Star Wars myself as to defend the IP like it's some religious parchment but I get why people are into it like they are.

There's especially a dichotomy between the movie nerds and the movie+books nerds. Movie+books Star Wars nerds are f00king bloodthirsty animals.

I was thinking a black chewwie series would be dope but then I realized they would fuck it up.
Y'know, people say "the mouse" is all woke, but I found it funny the black chewy is violent and angry~

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This is a perfect example of a post I 100% disagree with yet I worfed because it's hilarious.

A lot of Star Wars nerds are so militant about certain - things - because it's like.... this stuff is clashing with 40+ years of imagination. Star Wars lends itself nicely to the imagination versus being explicitly told what is what. So a bunch of nerds have imagined Boba looking this way, acting this way, doing this thing in this situation or that way etc etc... I'm a fan but I'm not THAT into Star Wars myself as to defend the IP like it's some religious parchment but I get why people are into it like they are.

There's especially a dichotomy between the movie nerds and the movie+books nerds. Movie+books Star Wars nerds are f00king bloodthirsty animals.

I do understand this, I'm just always surprised so many people latched onto him as something they care about, but maybe cool toys are worth more than I think they are. When I played with my star wars toys, boba fett did look cool, but he died like a dork every time. Cause he died like a dork in the movies.

Fadaar

That guy
thats some good meat for the sarlacc pit

Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter, shes in Jurassic World) directs the next episode. She directed the episode of Mandalorian where Cara Dune first came on board, and also the episode where we first met Bo Kotan (Starbuck), I think both episodes are considered pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a cameo from Mandalorian.

Dave Filoni directs the episode after that, I bet we'll see a lot of shit go down and new characters. He loves to fold in characters from Clone Wars and Rebels.

sadly Robert Rodriguez is directing the finale so I'd expect more goofy ass Spy Kids shit there

sarlacs are nuts

Pretty much guaranteed, Mando's music started playing when Fennec said something about knowing where to look for muscle. One thing I've started to look for in shows is character music. Star Wars, Arcane, and the Marvel shows have all done it in the background to foreshadow.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i always think the exact same thing when they talk about how strong beskar is, but then have these HUGE gaps in the armor where it's just the dude's shirt. like he's got some pauldrons covering a few inches of his shoulder, then NOTHING down to his gauntlets. look at how much ISN'T covered by beskar

https%3A%2F%2Fdorksideoftheforce.com%2Ffiles%2Fimage-exchange%2F2020%2F10%2Fie_58429-850x560.jpeg

bobafettx-large.jpg

100% this. Every blaster shot always hits the armor instead of the 50% of space that's not covered by the armor. I know this is science fiction fantasy but it's still a little bit jarring, especially when such a big deal is made of how impervious the armor is.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pretty much guaranteed, Mando's music started playing when Fennec said something about knowing where to look for muscle. One thing I've started to look for in shows is character music. Star Wars, Arcane, and the Marvel shows have all done it in the background to foreshadow.
just be ready to get subverted. i would expect some of the Mando tribe to show up. maybe the female armorer who made the Beskar armor for Din Djarin instead.

I do understand this, I'm just always surprised so many people latched onto him as something they care about, but maybe cool toys are worth more than I think they are. When I played with my star wars toys, boba fett did look cool, but he died like a dork every time. Cause he died like a dork in the movies.
speaking as someone who watched all these at the theater as they came out and the holiday special. Boba looked cool, but when he got punked into the sarlac pit, i never gave him another thought. my friends and i liked Hammerhead and Greedo too, but they were not super important. i liked the red R2 unit, would have liked to see more of him or the little droid that zoomed away on the death star when Chewie snarled at him. it was all just atmosphere for the bigger picture

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boba Fett is a side character and writers today do not have the chops to elevate them to main character status. That's the whole reason why the Clone Wars cartoon worked because they could hop into characters for a story arc, hop out when they're done and never explain the before/after.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
100% this. Every blaster shot always hits the armor instead of the 50% of space that's not covered by the armor. I know this is science fiction fantasy but it's still a little bit jarring, especially when such a big deal is made of how impervious the armor is.
Happy Wonder Woman GIF
Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by Nerdist.com

The beskar covers about as much as, say, wonderwoman's armour. Breast, shins and wrists. Well, we do get shoulder armour for that important tattoo cover up.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well, i mean also he's got greaves on and his chest plate covers more of his actual chest. and you know... his helmet.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Batman and Iron Man are the rare exception where they need a full body armor because they are unmodded humans. Wonderwoman is a goddess. she can be naked as fuck. her armor is just a covering so kids wont fap uncontrollably. Mando has armor on a large portion of his body, it doesnt really matter as Princess Leia only wore a white toga and some jiggle tape over her bewbs, the stormtroopers never got close to hitting her.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Happy Wonder Woman GIF
Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by Nerdist.com

The beskar covers about as much as, say, wonderwoman's armour. Breast, shins and wrists. Well, we do get shoulder armour for that important tattoo cover up.
I mean, that's a silly comparison. Mando is mortal in every way and she's a goddess.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ya'll are nerds. He obviously has beskar chainmail under the cloth.

ret.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users