The Book of Boba Fett

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is a huge difference between a character that was just introduced on the Mandalorian and a character that has decades of comic backstory in Agatha Harkness.
i'm only referring to TV show stuff. Mandolorian has been around for 3 years. dunno how many comic books were written about him, but he is a new creation. so was Cara Dune and she was slated for her own TV show in the Space Rangers. i dont think its a coincidence all this stuff is based on Tattooine. i also dont think space mechanic lady is getting her own show. but there is nothing preventing her from one. there is no qualification she needs to meet to have one. i mean other than fans enjoying her appearances. and so, TV exec says" hey why not lets give her her own show. " nobody gives one fuck about about Agatha, but she has her own show.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode was awesome. How are the making Boba so lame but Mando so awesome.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
what a great episode, but so fucked up the only good episode of the show has 0 seconds of Boba Fett lol

udVtEfo.jpg

While I agree the mechanic stuff wasn't amazing, it was basically the kiddie part of the show. The bounty/butchers, the lore dump behind the dark saber and Mandalore, the fight, just *chefs kiss* awesome. Having watched Rebels only last year seeing Mandalore get FUCKED UP during Night of a Thousand Tears was amazing.

not gonna lie when the three mandalorians all said This is The Way I got some wood

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The shade that the Armorer is throwing at Bo Katan is palpable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The shade that the Armorer is throwing at Bo Katan is palpable.
The Armorer just told Mando he isnt a Mando anymore after just rejoining them and offering a likely priceless spear to be melted down. she is a hardcore cultist.

Cybsled

Was that something Anakin flew or just a random Naboo ship?

I do agree that basically a Mando episode you can’t go wrong with. It’s smart really, keeps people excited for a season 3

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Armorer just told Mando he isnt a Mando anymore after just rejoining them and offering a likely priceless spear to be melted down. she is a hardcore cultist.
The clan they are in is also a more extremist group than the already extremist Death Watch they came from. Lol

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Was that something Anakin flew or just a random Naboo ship?

I do agree that basically a Mando episode you can’t go wrong with. It’s smart really, keeps people excited for a season 3
It is the same class of starfighter that kid Anakin flew at the battle of Naboo in Ep. 1.

Fucker

Log Wizard
She's an awesome character. Mysterious and ominous like Bob Fett was in the movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This episode is just a big "oof" when Im craving to watch more Mandalorian in an episode of Boba Fett.

I'm still thinking that whole scene with the weapons being stored for travel is more meaningful and is going to play a part later on. I also liked that once the ship was built, it had the muscle car sounds/vibe going, was a nice touch.

Daidraco

Did they name the ringworld they were on?
-Edited link out, didnt have any real information in it-
Apparently, the more I search - the less people know? "Larry Niven's" works is all I keep seeing.

"Niven's Ringworld is massive: it's an object that traces a planet's orbital path, like a thin ribbon around a light bulb. Put a spin on it, and the interior side of the ring has enough gravity to hold in an atmosphere"

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bryce Dallas Howard redeemed herself for the shitty pleb village Mando episode with this one. Pretty fucking great. The ring city and transport ships looked fucking great. New CGI with that classic Star Wars old timey feel to them. Better than anything the movies have done in the last 20 years in just one episode.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
-Edited link out, didnt have any real information in it-
Apparently, the more I search - the less people know? "Larry Niven's" works is all I keep seeing.

"Niven's Ringworld is massive: it's an object that traces a planet's orbital path, like a thin ribbon around a light bulb. Put a spin on it, and the interior side of the ring has enough gravity to hold in an atmosphere"

I was curious if it's a new location or something that already existed in canon from Clone Wars or Rebels or some other part of Filoniverse.

The Mandalorian capital that was destroyed in the episode was the first time it was showed in live action but apparently figured prominently in CW and Rebels.

sundari-main_943c46d8.jpeg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I was curious if it's a new location or something that already existed in canon from Clone Wars or Rebels or some other part of Filoniverse.

The Mandalorian capital that was destroyed in the episode was the first time it was showed in live action but apparently figured prominently in CW and Rebels.

sundari-main_943c46d8.jpeg
Yeah, the Mandalorians destroyed their planet through countless civil wars. That was the only city left on the planet as far as we know.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, the Mandalorians destroyed their planet through countless civil wars. That was the only city left on the planet as far as we know.
Yeah so I'm curious if that ringworld was named on the script or in subtitles or something.

I remember back when Rogue One's script was leaked and everyone thought the "Ring of Kafrene" was gonna be a ringworld but it just ended up being an asteroid.

Daidraco

Not sure I follow... Didn't he get his weapons back when he got to Tatooine?
A lot of emphasis was put on the drop off and the pick up of Mando's weapons. Im just shooting from the hip, but Im theorizing that the saber was swapped out for a fake since we never saw it used again in the rest of the episode. We just came off a big build up of the blades lore, Paz Vizsla wanting the blade, and then the removal of Mando's title and ties. The only people that knew about him leaving at that point and time and where he was going was his prior crew, and I wouldnt put it past Paz Vizsla to swipe it back even after losing since its his family blade and he feels entitled to it. Ignoring all that was said about obtaining the blade outside of battle, securing the omen/curse further. I mean, didnt the duel at the end of the lore bomb on the saber just feel like a build up to something greater?

Of course, it could just be nothing and that scene just "seemed" over emphasized. But I'm not buying it, not until I see that the blade and all of Mando's weapons are working.