The Boys

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the comic quite a bit, but it was much darker than the show is. That's not a bad thing, but the comic really went out of its way to show just how much a piece of shit everyone, really was...which is to say, much worse than the TV does.

I think the show is funnier than the comic, personally. I enjoy both a great deal.
I felt like the comic spent too much time on “here’s a this universe’s version of marvel/dc property, they are doing something wackily degenerate, they get stomped by the boys” and not enough time on the main storyline. Just too much filler.

It would probably be best for the show if they wrapped it up in season 4, but like any tv show that does well it’s more likely to drag until we all hate and get an unsatisfying end (at least the comic had a solid resolution)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If there is one thing to give credit to the Boys for it's that this bitch needs more roles, and is probably the hottest one on the fucking show.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Kimiko's one of the highlights. The actress also manages to out-act people without even saying a word, either.

Just another example of Hollywood failure faggots taking good source material and taking a giant shit on it by going off the rails because they think they know better.
I'm not familiar with the source material outside of a few things I've read or been told about, but they had enough changes that were acceptable from an adaption standpoint to make a good show. But then they kept changing and changing until we're at them writing in their own fantasies into the mix, with Homelander now probably being the biggest example that is borderline character assassination compared to what we was in the first season. I was skeptical at first, but Kirpke confirmed as much now in interviews, which to me at least makes them come off as too deranged in real life if they can't help but making everything else about their opinions outside of twitter.

Just speaking for myself, but it was more fun having Homelander still needing to remain at least relatively grounded for public approval while being a raging psychopath internally that only few people understood. Like going off of one major spoiler thing I know from the comics:
Black Noir was a clone of Homelander meant to keep him in check
, so they went in the opposite direction with Homelander being able to murder in public and be applauded for it. Now the guy who wants to be loved is being loved by >1% of fringe fanatics in exchange for the majority of people who would turn against him. Doesn't even add up.
It was a lot cheaper than real actors and cgi.
True, and one side of the cartoon visions I do like is how it reflects on Black Noir even back to the first season. Just his mannerisms when Homelander is chastising The Seven, but then says, "except you, Black Noir. You're doing great."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Kimiko's one of the highlights. The actress also manages to out-act people without even saying a word, either.

I'm not familiar with the source material outside of a few things I've read or been told about, but they had enough changes that were acceptable from an adaption standpoint to make a good show. But then they kept changing and changing until we're at them writing in their own fantasies into the mix, with Homelander now probably being the biggest example that is borderline character assassination compared to what we was in the first season. I was skeptical at first, but Kirpke confirmed as much now in interviews, which to me at least makes them come off as too deranged in real life if they can't help but making everything else about their opinions outside of twitter.

Just speaking for myself, but it was more fun having Homelander still needing to remain at least relatively grounded for public approval while being a raging psychopath internally that only few people understood. Like going off of one major spoiler thing I know from the comics:
Black Noir was a clone of Homelander meant to keep him in check
, so they went in the opposite direction with Homelander being able to murder in public and be applauded for it. Now the guy who wants to be loved is being loved by >1% of fringe fanatics in exchange for the majority of people who would turn against him. Doesn't even add up.

True, and one side of the cartoon visions I do like is how it reflects on Black Noir even back to the first season. Just his mannerisms when Homelander is chastising The Seven, but then says, "except you, Black Noir. You're doing great."

Homelander when from a stupid hulk that hull breached and lasered a plane by sheer incompetence and not knowing how planes work, into a galaxy brain hero that outplayed the smartest,(or at the very least most prepared) member of Vought. That was a HUGE JUMP in powerlevel.

The pro-Homelander faction is not a small one. his numbers went from the 50s to the 90s. He is pretty much a Trump now with the comment " I can kill people on 5th avenue and people will love me for it" comment.

After watching naruto and seeing how much overpowered can a character be made with the power of teleportation can be, seeing what pathetic attempt was done with Queer Hughie.

Btw the best part of this show is when Maeve verbally abuses him.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Homelander when from a stupid hulk that hull breached and lasered a plane by sheer incompetence and not knowing how planes work, into a galaxy brain hero that outplayed the smartest,(or at the very least most prepared) member of Vought. That was a HUGE JUMP in powerlevel.

The pro-Homelander faction is not a small one. his numbers went from the 50s to the 90s. He is pretty much a Trump now with the comment " I can kill people on 5th avenue and people will love me for it" comment.

After watching naruto and seeing how much overpowered can a character be made with the power of teleportation can be, seeing what pathetic attempt was done with Queer Hughie.

Btw the best part of this show is when Maeve verbally abuses him.

All of this is wrong. He destroyed the plane's controls because he got angry. He was the one that had to explain to Maeve how her ideas didn't make sense and wouldn't work.

His "galaxy brain" was just him threatening to kill anyone that didn't do what he wanted. It wasn't some Littlefinger elaborate political scheme

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
All of this is wrong. He destroyed the plane's controls because he got angry. He was the one that had to explain to Maeve how her ideas didn't make sense and wouldn't work.

His "galaxy brain" was just him threatening to kill anyone that didn't do what he wanted. It wasn't some Littlefinger elaborate political scheme

So you are saying that the level of intelligence and planning done by homelander this season is the same as on season 1?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So you are saying that the level of intelligence and planning done by homelander this season is the same as on season 1?

Yes.

Nothing in season 1 indicated he was dumb and nothing in season 3 indicated he was super intelligent

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
This came out... December 11 2018!

First episode for the boys is July 26th, 2019.

• 3Like

nu_11

If there is one thing to give credit to the Boys for it's that this bitch needs more roles, and is probably the hottest one on the fucking show.

Holy shit she's smokin hot.

I don't have the yellow fever that many guys seem to have, but I concur. After S3 and seeing that YT video, she's certainly the hottest from The Boys.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She would have had a little competition if Erin Moriarty had not decided to change her face. That Creedence Clearwater Revival video above was a nice example of a pretty woman who looked great naturally.

• 3Like

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes.

Nothing in season 1 indicated he was dumb and nothing in season 3 indicated he was super intelligent
That's how it came of to me as well. Homelander isn't equipped for certain things outside of his limited experience, which is why taking over Vought was a struggle, but he was by no means an idiot. It's more that his weaknesses are more emotional, like overconfidence (prior to taking over Vought) because of his powers, or various insecurities.
She would have had a little competition if Erin Moriarty had not decided to change her face. That Creedence Clearwater Revival video above was a nice example of a pretty woman who looked great naturally.
Is that what was up with her? I didn't watch the previous seasons or look back at images, so the whole time watching season 3 I felt like her face was squeeze or something, like a slight snapchat filter all the time.