The Boys

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is there a third option on the table where Vought made them both do it? I mean if they can make super babies without compound V is that better? Just some thoughts.

all we've been told is that homelander believed pretty strongly that super's are sterile. and with what we've seen from the deep, homelander, and that super bar where everyone was having sex everywhere, i can imagine that have an extreme amount of anecdotal evidence that supports that idea.

it's within the MO of vought to know that supers CAN have kids but they keep that info a secret... but common sense with everything we've been told seems to line up with homelander jr being 100% unique and unplanned for.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mesmer had a kid, the only one they suggested couldn't have kids is Homelander and he was test subject 0.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Only 1 episode in and starlight is hot as balls.

The wardrobe dept did a great job making her slut costume trashy and unattractive. If it was banging hot that plot point would have fizzled.

INB4 Jaws too sharp.

erin-moriarty-captain-fantastic-premiere-in-los-angeles-6-28-2016-10.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well ya, no shit, I don't personally know in the sense it never happened to me (in which case you could only speak for yourself anyways), much in the same way no one can really know how anyone truly processes something psychologically. I did qualify my statement. We can only work with what we can externally observe in terms of observable behaviors and datasets. And for my own views, what I have personally observed from people who had that done to them. I was more responding to the multiple posts in this thread stating "ShE WaSnT cRyInG, sO iT iSnT RaPe"

You're the one fucking pontificating here.

Ahh, I took your post as claiming there was no way it could be something else aside from rape because that's how a rape survivor acts. My bad. I just though that, if its what you meant, was silly. How she was outside the door showed, I believe, some regret or embarrassment. Plenty of people will get that look after consensual sex because you literally don't think the same way when your aroused as when you're not (Men get that look all the time too "what the fuck did I just do"). So what seems like a good idea before sex might seem really stupid after. Or it could be she was raped and was feeling the humiliation of it after or even blaming herself for going to be alone with a psycho (humans tend to blame themselves when someone they trust turns out to be manipulative and abusive, we put A LOT of stock in our ability to read other humans and so witnessing that systems failure can cause a lot of self doubt/blame, since we underpin our literal survival on it working).

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
All this discussion about rape/not rape is fun but you need to think about the following:
In this particular universe withholding consent from Homelander is a a physical impossibility. He has a good guy image, a powerful corporation doing all kinds of shady shit to protect that image and oh yeah he can laser beam through your skull and the skull of everyone you love in a few seconds and without any afterthought.
He has the built in "implication" without even owning a freaking boat!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
All this discussion about rape/not rape is fun but you need to think about the following:
In this particular universe withholding consent from Homelander is a a physical impossibility. He has a good guy image, a powerful corporation doing all kinds of shady shit to protect that image and oh yeah he can laser beam through your skull and the skull of everyone you love in a few seconds and without any afterthought.
He has the built in "implication" without even owning a freaking boat!

For those who haven't seen it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn a show hasn't hooked me this hard in quite a long time. Fucking amazing. Homelander easily enters top 10 villains of all time, that actor is INSANELY talented at portraying creepy hero who slowly builds up to "OH SHIT THIS DUDE IS THE SCARIEST MOFO ON THE PLANET" over a few episodes. Just everyone in the cast is brilliant. If this is the new kind of show Amazon can pump out, I am 100% on board

I actually limited myself to one episode a night so I can last longer than Homelander, fucking amateur

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Instantly assuming that she was raped just because it is shown she had sex is white knighting her. She seems in distress and in swoop a couple of limp wristed fags who instantly blame anyone but her for her acts.

What we've been told throughout the entire season = instantly assuming?

Ok.

The only new info we got at the ending is her not being dead, which was already foreshadowed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mesmer had a kid, the only one they suggested couldn't have kids is Homelander and he was test subject 0.
Translucent also had a 10 year old kid.

This rape discussion is going exactly the way I imagined by the exact people I thought would argue it.

If you haven't blocked redpillin', incellin', 10k word postin Lithose yet, I recommend you think about it.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Actually, Homelander was specifically told he couldn't have kids.. Sounds like that was a secret they tried to keep just from him due to the dangers of a kid with those powers

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Translucent also had a 10 year old kid.

This rape discussion is going exactly the way I imagined by the exact people I thought would argue it.

If you haven't blocked redpillin', incellin', 10k word postin Lithose yet, I recommend you think about it.

See, here is a great example. We can never be sure how rape survivors will act. Xevy was raped by me in an argument years ago, and he's been dealing with the butthurt by clawing back some of his lost pride with these little passive aggressive remarks since then. Just goes to show, everyone is different in how they deal with that deep sense of humiliation.

Last edited:
  • 11Worf
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 13 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone is assuming Homelander made a move on Rebecca and she either consented or didn't

What if Rebecca made the first move?

j00t

Everyone is assuming Homelander made a move on Rebecca and she either consented or didn't

What if Rebecca made the first move?

well what if stillwell was in there and she filmed the whole thing and plays it in the background whenever she thinks she's alone? that would explain why homelander's always staring through the walls! right!?

there's absolutely no evidence of that so there's no reason to bring it up. it MIGHT happen. but until there's some evidence that becky was LOOKING for an affair, it's a moot point.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What we've been told throughout the entire season = instantly assuming?

Ok.

The only new info we got at the ending is her not being dead, which was already foreshadowed.
We also got a video? Which is what most of the discussion is being based on? You don’t update your beliefs when new evidnce is presented?

j00t

if you watch the video with the assumption that she was raped, then the video corroborates your beliefs. the video itself doesn't honestly add or take away anything. it's specifically the fact that she's still alive living with her kid that throws everything off kilter. when was the last time a rape victim got pregnant and decided to abandon everyone she ever knew to raise the rape baby?

but we're also not dealing with an everyday rape situation. we're dealing with homelander getting someone pregnant. and we're dealing with vought being aware of it (somehow). those 2 pieces of information throw EVERYTHING else up in the air as far as what ACTUALLY happened

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this last night. That was a fun ride.

I thought it was a fairly well written with an excellent cast of characters, most of which were interesting, and all of which were well cast and played.

Homelander stole the show for me, the actor's ability to switch between his nice public persona and total asshole persona was just awesome.

Looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Another really great touch that I liked was how they had the portrait of Homelander on the wall he was using to spy on Stillwell, making you initially think he was just a vain egomaniac staring at himself in adoration before his evil side was really revealed. It really helped sell the initial impression that he was just a Superman type.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Just remember stillwell had to make him not super-fuck her and slow down, so maybe the raggedness was the superfuck instant orgasm that almost shattered her pelvis.

(can't wait to fucking find out wtf tho, season 2 plz)

• 2Like