The Boys

Xevy

Log Wizard
They could pull the real big trope and have Doppleganger murdered by Homelander and Madelyn is somewhere else alive. Would make 0 sense, but literally any other bungled series would've totally done that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just started this. On episode 4, the dialogue and acting is great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Just got to the plane scene everyone was debating for a few pages. Physics, superheroes, blah blah blah. The most important question though is, how the fuck did a terrorist get into the cockpit?

Is it just because in this world 9/11 never happened? So many questions that need to be answered.

Or actually it's just a TV show and they wanted to show the audience how much of a logical sociopath Homelander is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just got to the plane scene everyone was debating for a few pages. Physics, superheroes, blah blah blah. The most important question though is, how the fuck did a terrorist get into the cockpit?

Is it just because in this world 9/11 never happened? So many questions that need to be answered.

Or actually it's just a TV show and they wanted to show the audience how much of a logical sociopath Homelander is.
how did no one on the plane tell homelander, "yo, after you laser eyed those two goat fuckers, theres another in the cockpit, don't freak out"

Khane

So Jesus said bro... hey bro... you shouldn't need proof, because you just believe. Hahaha

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

Probably that last bit.

But how do pilots use the restroom on longer flights? The door has to be unlocked at some point.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Probably that last bit.

But how do pilots use the restroom on longer flights? The door has to be unlocked at some point.

on longer flights there are larger cockpits. pretty sure there's a bathroom in the cockpit area for crew. but, i mean, i probably just made that up so who knows.

Khane

I've definitely seen pilots come out of the cockpit mid flight since 9/11 on domestic flights, probably different protocol on International

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen them block the path with a food cart before. They have their ways to not let people in the cockpits.

Khane

None of that actually matters anyway, that scene was there to show the audience what Homelander really cares about and is capable of. Sorry little girl, you gotta die to protect my reputation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elizabeth Shue has definitely entered MILF status.

This show is f'n great. I'm 3 in and telling myself to go to bed because work has some demanding elements tomorrow... but it's only 50-odd minutes...

Superb.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
how did no one on the plane tell homelander, "yo, after you laser eyed those two goat fuckers, theres another in the cockpit, don't freak out"

I think the point was that Superheroes, while having crazy powers, are all fucking morons who have no concept of tactics or how to apply said powers. So when you have a delicate situation like a plane hijacking by durkas... they don't know what to do beyond overpowering the durkas. Then they sat there with their dicks in their hands and had no ability to critically apply their powers to actually help people.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think the point was that Superheroes, while having crazy powers, are all fucking morons who have no concept of tactics or how to apply said powers. So when you have a delicate situation like a plane hijacking by durkas... they don't know what to do beyond overpowering the durkas. Then they sat there with their dicks in their hands and had no ability to critically apply their powers to actually help people.
the comics had a great introduction to this

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I really wonder what the higher ups at Vought have/can do - there was actual worry or hesitance on Homelander's face when he crumpled his talking points up and Stillwell mentioned it was from Edgar himself. Probably the only time in the whole first season I've seen him do a double take.

Khane

Just finished this. Good stuff. But goddammit do I hate cliffhangers.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have watched the series 3 times now with various people. It still watches well despite knowing everything that is going to happen. This is just a really solid show with good casting. Antony Starr should at least be nominated for an Emmy. He just does such a great job of portraying the broken Superman in Homelander.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user