The Boys

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
goddamn a show hasn't hooked me this hard in quite a long time. Fucking amazing. Homelander easily enters top 10 villains of all time, that actor is INSANELY talented at portraying creepy hero who slowly builds up to "OH SHIT THIS DUDE IS THE SCARIEST MOFO ON THE PLANET" over a few episodes. Just everyone in the cast is brilliant. If this is the new kind of show Amazon can pump out, I am 100% on board

I actually limited myself to one episode a night so I can last longer than Homelander, fucking amateur
Dude is evil old Zack Morris.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Homelander is a refreshingly modern villain both in terms of presentation and motivation. That is what I want from modern superhero shows/movies, a modern take on their reality and the grotesque truths of what these people would mostly like end up being as. Homelander doesn’t even see us mortals as people, we are mud people, savages, and utterly and completely beneath him. Celebrity and corporate culture combined with superheroes, I love it. I would love a little focus on the non-corporate less powered superheroes but can live without, it’s a great world with great potential.

Great show.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Just remember stillwell had to make him not super-fuck her and slow down, so maybe the raggedness was the superfuck instant orgasm that almost shattered her pelvis.

(can't wait to fucking find out wtf tho, season 2 plz)

I've considered that as well. The disheveled look in the video could have been the look of "I just got fucked by a freight train and loved it!" Then she questions everything about her marriage and life after that lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The "implication" way of looking at that encounter is the best way, imo. Her decision after sitting on the bench that day was clearly agonizing for her, and she spent 8 years coming to terms with giving up Butcher and her previous life. The way she looked at Homelander when he appears at the end makes me think she would be open to him being in her and the childs life, while the look she gave Butcher was shock as everything she had given up appeared right in front of her. She is going to be a mess.

And Butcher? His reason for existing the past 8 years just got nuked, and I imagine Homelander is going twist that knife hard but still let him live. A season 2 would be awesome.

Edit: Apparently S2 is already being filmed. Great!

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Say what you want about that stoner jew woke fatass, Rogen has a pretty good track record of taking source material and making a show that deviates from it in interesting ways without sucking. Not sure how much of it is him, but all three of his current series have been really good at this.

And yeah, the guy playing Homelander is fucking killing it in this.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Say what you want about that stoner jew woke fatass, Rogen has a pretty good track record of taking source material and making a show that deviates from it in interesting ways without sucking. Not sure how much of it is him, but all three of his current series have been really good at this.

Just watched long shot with the wife and it wasn't bad either.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The "implication" way of looking at that encounter is the best way, imo. Her decision after sitting on the bench that day was clearly agonizing for her, and she spent 8 years coming to terms with giving up Butcher and her previous life. The way she looked at Homelander when he appears at the end makes me think she would be open to him being in her and the childs life, while the look she gave Butcher was shock as everything she had given up appeared right in front of her. She is going to be a mess.

And Butcher? His reason for existing the past 8 years just got nuked, and I imagine Homelander is going twist that knife hard but still let him live. A season 2 would be awesome.

Edit: Apparently S2 is already being filmed. Great!

the week before it was released (san diego comic-con i think?) they said they were already half way through filming season 2. so that's great.

but yeah... honestly i think homelander is going to go above and beyond to NOT kill butcher. he COULD at any time and that's the real power that he's going to have over him, but i think there's something refreshing about butcher in that he is completely devoid of fear of homelander. he COULD kill butcher, but then he'd have to find a new toy to play with.

j00t

Homelander is a refreshingly modern villain both in terms of presentation and motivation. That is what I want from modern superhero shows/movies, a modern take on their reality and the grotesque truths of what these people would mostly like end up being as. Homelander doesn’t even see us mortals as people, we are mud people, savages, and utterly and completely beneath him. Celebrity and corporate culture combined with superheroes, I love it. I would love a little focus on the non-corporate less powered superheroes but can live without, it’s a great world with great potential.

Great show.

he really is. he's written and acted in such an amazing way. everyone can call homelander evil, but as far as he's concerned? he's very dr manhatten about it in the sense that it's basically man made concept used to control people. it absolutely does not apply to him. if he rapes some random chick, kills some random people on plane... it'd be like stepping on an anthill. who cares?

spronk

FPS noob
I just wonder if they are gonna introduce something like kryptonite, i hope not its always been the stupidest parts of the superman movies

j00t

either that or overdosing him on compound v.

maybe that's what sets homelander apart. they raised him in a lab and knew it was going downhill fast, so they tried to overdose him and kill him and it just made him indestructable

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Hey I just thought of something.. For the bulletproof types like Maeve, Starlight, and Homelander--how would they even inject the V??

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
This was amazing. Hands down amazing. Lots of gore, but not over the top. Look forward to what they do with it for Season 2- having a shitty Superman has got to be the worst. At least there is Batman and Kryptonite in the DC universe.

j00t

well, at the moment it seems that whoever runs vought is homelander's kryptonite. stillwell made a subtle comment to him at one point about an order not coming from her, but from upstairs and homelander got visibly pensive. hopefully we'll get into that sometime soon. at the moment there's no face to vought so i imagine we'll see someone take that spot next season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
well, at the moment it seems that whoever runs vought is homelander's kryptonite. stillwell made a subtle comment to him at one point about an order not coming from her, but from upstairs and homelander got visibly pensive. hopefully we'll get into that sometime soon. at the moment there's no face to vought so i imagine we'll see someone take that spot next season
MV5BMjEyODM1NjI0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE0OTA1Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah Gus Fringe played the CEO of Vought (Edgar I think is his name?) and he briefly talked to Stilwell suggesting she is gonna take over his job soon as he "retires to Belize". Which was also an interesting turn of phrase. There is probably more though.

I was glad they didn't go the usual tropey routes, I honestly thought
Elizabeth Shue's character was gonna be a superhero, like at the last second she reveals she is equivalent to Superman but hides it. that woulda sucked

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
yeah Gus Fringe played the CEO of Vought (Edgar I think is his name?) and he briefly talked to Stilwell suggesting she is gonna take over his job soon as he "retires to Belize". Which was also an interesting turn of phrase. There is probably more though.

Elizabeth Shue's character was gonna be a superhero, like at the last second she reveals she is equivalent to Superman but hides it. that woulda sucked
He didnt suggest that, he told her. He even told her she is moving up to his mythical floor 38 (?). And she even told Homelander about it who then asked her if she will still be his day to day handler. But I do not think it was ever mentioned that he was the CEO? But he was definitely the superior that everyone kept referring with deference and fear the entire time.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
That's because every role Gus plays is a fuckin scary dude. Loved him in... what was it - Revolution? Lookin forward to Season 2. Be nice to see some more C and B list heroes as well - just how many are out there I wonder? Powers seem randomly granted - surely a psychic or another Superman-esque one (that isn't the kid) might be alive.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guys, I am on episode 5 and have not read a single post since it aired, but I just got to the scene where Homelander held his blanket and remembered being a kid in the cell with just the blanket.

Fucking brutal.

This show is fantastic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Some Breaking Bad writers work on this show.

• 1Like