The Boys

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Is it just me or does Homelander/Antony look like he's sucking on some tobaccy chew the whole time? Something about the corner of his mouth/lips.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have watched the series 3 times now with various people. It still watches well despite knowing everything that is going to happen. This is just a really solid show with good casting. Antony Starr should at least be nominated for an Emmy. He just does such a great job of portraying the broken Superman in Homelander.
The show itself should be nominated for an Emmy as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They had to be cracking up so hard filming the scene where they try to get the retainer out of Hughie's mouth. "Go in there a little deeper" bahaha sounded like a bunch of ad libbing for that scene.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that was actually was made me recognize him. i had NO idea who it was but i recognized his mouth... i was like "i haven't seen a mouth that weird since... OMG IT'S THE DUDE FROM BANSHEE"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
vn1BShZ.png

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
i think this show is a litmus test for your emotional state of being towards women. they show you some extremely vague information about butcher's wife and then give you just enough evidence that supports either side of the argument and then let YOU interpret it based on your own personal bias. either she's a whore or she's a victim. then there's the scant few who are objective enough to be like "why don't we just wait to actually get all the information before we decide"

those scant few need to fucking stop being pussies and pick a side.
What if my side is "who the fuck really cares"

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Jesus Christ this was amazing. Had no idea Seth Rogen wrote it, is Preacher this good?

• 1Blown

Maul

Dental Dammer
This was awesome, watched whole thing in one go. Probably one of the best things I've seen for ages, urbans british accent tho, wtf.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Urban pulled off the accent.

His pronunciations of twat and cunt were scintillating.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This was awesome, watched whole thing in one go. Probably one of the best things I've seen for ages, urbans british accent tho, wtf.

I think it's purposely over the top. It worked well in the context of this show.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I think it's purposely over the top. It worked well in the context of this show.
Yeah, I'm not saying it wasnt fitting for the show, just it feels unnatural to the ear and it's so over pronounced it's almost ridiculous.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He did not have a recognizably British accent. I had no idea his character was meant to be British

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Even Shue was excellent in this. You could see how she cringed and afraid of this homelander dick. Also being a corporate bitch. Im kinda sad to see her go.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I also thought he was being Australian but I pretty much cant tell the difference between British, South African, and Australian. They all just sound like someone trying to say things in the fanciest, most old fashioned way possible.

Kiwis sound different because of their odd vowel swapping habits. If someone is speaking English but with all the voiwels randomly rearranged, theyre probably from New Zealand.

• 1Picard