The Boys

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never heard of the comic but I am really looking forward to this.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It'd be amazing if we find out that Simon Pegg is a projection of Heuys conscienceness and not an actual person, so Simon Pegg is playing Heuy

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I never heard of the comic but I am really looking forward to this.

The comic is a gory and vulgar deconstruction of the superhero genre which gets a little too edgelordy at times but is still overall very good. It also tells its full story over the seventy-two issues with firm conclusion to the different arcs. In an era of so many comics going on forever and ever it's refreshing to get stories with a beginning, middle and end.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, they've certainly checked all the boxes for it to be a faithful adaptation of the comic....

Starting ep01 now, here's to hoping it doesn't disappoint like Preacher did.

Edit: er, is there really no UHD version of the show? I can't even remember the last original series I watched on Prime that wasn't in 4K, but I can't find it for this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, they've certainly checked all the boxes for it to be a faithful adaptation of the comic....

View attachment 216618

Starting ep01 now, here's to hoping it doesn't disappoint like Preacher did.

Edit: er, is there really no UHD version of the show? I can't even remember the last original series I watched on Prime that wasn't in 4K, but I can't find it for this.
Watched the first 4 episodes last night, and fucking loved it. Also, it was definitely in 4K.

I haven't read the comics, but I probably will after finishing this. This is so fucking good so far, I can't wait to get home from work and finish the rest of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I skipped sleeping and marathoned it because I am an idiot and the "just one more episode" syndrome is stronk. Good show.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, they put up the 4K HDR10 version at midnight. Not sure why just the 1080p version got released several hours early.

Finished it this morning. Not sure how I feel about it yet. On one hand they changed everything almost as completely as they did with Preacher. On the other, I hated everything they changed in Preacher but I'm more ambivalent about it here. The one huge gripe I have is that after the first few episodes Garth Ennis' black humor disappears almost completely. There's some moments here and there, but the overall tone does not even remotely resemble the comic.

The rest is mostly just "why would you change this?" type stuff. I didn't like that so much of the blame for the Seven being the way they are was shifted onto Vought instead of them just being straight up monsters. Same goes for Butcher too, he's supposed to be an asshole, but not the total dick to Hughie/MM/Frenchie/The Female (who was completely redone from the ground up) they made him into. I'm glad Seth Rogen & co. made the effort to get these "unfilmable" shows done, but I also get the distinct impression that he is the reason there's so much meddling with Ennis' ideas when the scripts are written.

I can see why they've renewed it already with that "ending", hope the wait isn't too terribly long for another season. Despite my complaints I'm still interested to see where they take it from there.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Netflix / hbo should be soooo embarrassed

Only half way through but what a fucking show man

“Ill laser all of you fuckers!!” - so fucking metal

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tried to power through it last night but passed out after (during) episode 4 and half a box of wine. Loving it so far though. Have zero familiarity with the source material.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Three episodes in and loving this.

Hospital scene with the facebook reactions:

Hero: "You get better and I'll teach you how to run as fast as me."
Cancer kid: "You're going to teach me how to out run cancer?"

hahahahahaha

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users