The Boys

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
God damn this is enjoyable. And I feel bad enjoying it. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
eps 6 and i'm enjoying every creative decision to jumble up the timeline and characters from the book, this is really a great way to USE a comic book as reference material, instead of being lazy and just using a comic book as a fucking page for page storyboard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Minor

laser eye’d baby being used as a ray gun fucking killed me

and the deep getting fucking gill raped by a crazy midwesterner hahhahahhahahhaa

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
HaHa, The Mesmer
HaleyJoelOsment.png

Janx

<Silver Donator>
3 episodes in and so far its faaaaaaaaaaantstic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just watched the first ep, and I have to say I was really impressed. Also had a higher caliber of cast than I was expecting. Especially because I'm a big fan of Shue and Urban. Also had no idea that Quaid... is a Quaid.

Cybsled

I kind of understand now why Tick probably got canceled. Tone of both shows is different, but The Boys in terms of how they view superheroes was pretty close to how The Tick was treating them. Wouldn't make sense to have 2 shows that basically play with the same theme, so they cut Tick to bank on this.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just got done. Fantastic show and great way to end the first season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What a great fucking first season and much different than the comics in a way. It's going to be a hard wait for season 2. Casting was perfect. The writing is so good with changes I don't give a fuck as long as it's done well.

I expected deep or train to die but loved the new take. Butcher and homeander are going to fuck everything up still

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Couple of episodes in and this show is great so far. Thankfully it's the weekend, so I can binge it.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I kind of understand now why Tick probably got canceled. Tone of both shows is different, but The Boys in terms of how they view superheroes was pretty close to how The Tick was treating them. Wouldn't make sense to have 2 shows that basically play with the same theme, so they cut Tick to bank on this.

tick.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Finished it up and it stayed great throughout all of it.

At the end, I expected
For Butcher to have been filming it all and using it to nuke Homelander's reputation as it was mentioned early on that it was the only thing that truly matters to them, but I'm happy with the end reveal, though I'm not sure where they're headed with it

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So there was a comic series for this show. How much of comic was shown during "season 1"? Just curious what could be done for a second season, since the show seems to a one and done story.