The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The binge release never made sense to me from a business standpoint. You want the customer subbed to your platform for as long as possible. Why dump the content out in such a manner that they can pay the bare minimum to consume it all on day 1 when the word of mouth marketing is the strongest as opposed to the end of the series when they’ll be shamed for not being caught up and have maximum fear of missing out?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The binge release never made sense to me from a business standpoint. You want the customer subbed to your platform for as long as possible. Why dump the content out in such a manner that they can pay the bare minimum to consume it all on day 1 when the word of mouth marketing is the strongest as opposed to the end of the series when they’ll be shamed for not being caught up and have maximum fear of missing out?
It's definitely one of those strange consumer preference vs business interest points. I think most people would vastly prefer all at once. There is merit on the points of hype and discussion over weekly releases though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I prefer weekly. It allows me to easily keep up, and then also keep up with the "water cooler" talk of a show, and not be the dude that's like hey I haven't seen the whole thing yet, only up to Episode 4 so don't ruin it for me! With weekly releases, you can be right there with all your buddies, and if someone comes into the show late, they can binge up to current pretty easy as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

this make sense from netflix perspective, I never understood why they did it, but I really wouldn't think amazon would give 2 fucks. Nobody is dropping prime after they binge this show

I'd assume it has to do with social media hype keeping "prime" awareness in the spotlight, so ya nevermind, it makes sense for amazon as well

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I love and hate binge releases. Especially those half hour shows, you can burn through those in a couple of days, by the time S2 comes out 2 years later I've forgotten all about S1, and rewatching it isn't really on the menu given the huge amount of content out there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
binging a show vs watching weekly also has merit from a business standpoint. if a show is watched weekly, you have a week to sit back and actually THINK about the time commitment the show takes from you. you have an entire week to think about what worked, or what didn't. that CAN create a lot of weekly water cooler buzz (game of thrones season 1), but it can also backfire pretty hard if the show does something the audience doesn't like (game of thrones season 8).

binging on the other hand... you watch stuff so rapidly that the negative stuff tends to be a lot more muted for you. there are a TON of shows with episodes that i would have HATED if i was waiting week to week for them, but because i watched them back to back, i didn't even really think twice.

it also allows a different pacing for show writers if they know they will be aired back to back. you don't need the "OMG TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!!!" cliffhanger drama.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This trailer was great as well:

I worried that the actress who they picked to wouldn't be able to come off as a kinda psycho, but she nailed it.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Read the texts on the feed chat.
Stormfront will save America.

Coincidence or alt right troll ?

• 1Like

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
This trailer was great as well:

I worried that the actress who they picked to wouldn't be able to come off as a kinda psycho, but she nailed it.

If you watched You're The Worst, you would know she can do psycho perfectly...

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Read the texts on the feed chat.
Stormfront will save America.

Coincidence or alt right troll ?

In the comics, Stormfront is a literal Nazi superman. The character has always been a little tongue in cheek.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck is wrong with Homelanders face.

It looks like he has a piece of chewing tobacco lodged in his jaw or something. Looks off, different than last season. His haircut is a bit "cooler" but I noticed his face being weird right away.

Nitpicking here but it was almost like the Henry Cavill thing with Superman, except not as bad.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Working on season one now and it's definitely funnier than I was expecting. Shifting the tone away from Garth Ennis's hateful deconstruction of super heroes towards something a little more light hearted yet still vulgar and gorey was a good call. I like the comics a lot but I don't think audiences would have really been up for how ugly they get.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm assuming they aren't going with the comics background for Stormfront as they switched the character to a female, she isn't german, and she has a social media focus. Not surprised as putting a Nazi anywhere near the role of a super"hero" these days would get this shit cancelled within days.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Portland.. Germany ehh potato potato both produce nazis

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't catch the stormfront thing right away. Glad y'all pointed it out.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They need to stop these trailers. My dick is about to explode it's so hard!

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users