The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think that's kinda the point at this stage of the show. It's still nebulous to the viewer whether she just got drunk and fucked him or if she was actually raped and what Vought/Homelander may or may not have threatened to do with/to her son.

I was actually half expecting her to just break down and tell him she wanted the Homelander D and it wasn't rape during that scene. But the writers are doing a good job of making the entire situation dubious at best and I think that's what they're going for.

After all, you can't just remove Butcher's sole motivation at this point in the story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
She said it was rape.
Gotta remember, with Hollywood writers rape can mean anything. Regret it a few months later? Rape. Break into someone’s house and wake them up for a finger bang against their wishes? Well, it’s a nuanced issue!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Gotta remember, with Hollywood writers rape can mean anything. Regret it a few months later? Rape. Break into someone’s house and wake them up for a finger bang against their wishes? Well, it’s a nuanced issue!
True true. He did have power over her being white and having a higher position in the company. She may have wanted a nice dicking at the time but the regret afterwards implies rape. Good point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, last season we saw the security tape where she goes into Homelander's Office with him then stumbles out disheveled a few hours later. A few weeks later she finds out she's knocked up and goes to Vought Corporate and decides to abandon William and hatch her bastard. Then raise him in isolation with Vought's money. There was no fighting or resisting or anything like that. Just drunkenly going in and having the old in and out. Homelander being a malevolent super-being aside, it isn't until recently that he started just straight-up murdering people who piss him off.

At no point did she decide to either tell Butcher or get an abortion or anything like that. She took the money and ran. Leaving Butcher to go mad and Mallory to turn him into an Anti-Supe agent of sorts that he is now.

Nothing indicates she was raped other than her saying so just now.

Becca's a fucking cunt if you ask me.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Well, last season we saw the security tape where she goes into Homelander's Office with him then stumbles out disheveled a few hours later. A few weeks later she finds out she's knocked up and goes to Vought Corporate and decides to abandon William and hatch her bastard. Then raise him in isolation with Vought's money. There was no fighting or resisting or anything like that. Just drunkenly going in and having the old in and out. Homelander being a malevolent super-being aside, it isn't until recently that he started just straight-up murdering people who piss him off.

At no point did she decide to either tell Butcher or get an abortion or anything like that. She took the money and ran. Leaving Butcher to go mad and Mallory to turn him into an Anti-Supe agent of sorts that he is now.

Nothing indicates she was raped other than her saying so just now.

Becca's a fucking cunt if you ask me.
yea, just watching w/o comic book knowledge,

who says it was rape? she says it was rape, the crazy old man scientist says it was rape, but he says it was rape to throw butcher off her trail, something like, he delivered a supe baby and that killed em both.

shes probably using the same reasoning that it was rape, so that she could leave butcher

Cybsled

Ddi you watch the show? Homelander was murdering people even as a kid.

Regardless as to the "he said, she said" dynamics, we can inference a few things based on character reactions and facts in the show

1) Becca clearly did not want Homelander to know about her and her kid. Vought leadership was 100% complicit in doing this as well.
2) We know Vought has struggled with Homelander - the "lab raised" experiment was a failure, resulting in an emotionally damaged Supe
3) We know Vought isn't above murder to protect their interests
4) We know Vought wants a Homelander replacement and/or answer

Point #1 shows there was a fear element on Becca's part. Was it rape? Regret? Homelander showing his dark side? Whatever it was, fact remains that Becca did not want Homelander there at all

Points #2-4 show that Vought has a vested interest in all this. Vought is manipulative and not above threats, subtle or otherwise. Do you honestly think they would have been like "well, time to get an abortion. Please don't say anything". They would have been 100% "Fuck yes, this is our chance to undo our Homelander mistake. Do -ANYTHING- to get this woman to play along. Threats, money, psychological warfare, etc". Based on Becca's comment to the scientist at the gate, it seems clear that part of her agreeing was hiding her from Homelander and protecting them, which makes me think Vought played up the fear factor significantly.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ddi you watch the show? Homelander was murdering people even as a kid.

Regardless as to the "he said, she said" dynamics, we can inference a few things based on character reactions and facts in the show

1) Becca clearly did not want Homelander to know about her and her kid. Vought leadership was 100% complicit in doing this as well.
2) We know Vought has struggled with Homelander - the "lab raised" experiment was a failure, resulting in an emotionally damaged Supe
3) We know Vought isn't above murder to protect their interests
4) We know Vought wants a Homelander replacement and/or answer

Point #1 shows there was a fear element on Becca's part. Was it rape? Regret? Homelander showing his dark side? Whatever it was, fact remains that Becca did not want Homelander there at all

Points #2-4 show that Vought has a vested interest in all this. Vought is manipulative and not above threats, subtle or otherwise. Do you honestly think they would have been like "well, time to get an abortion. Please don't say anything". They would have been 100% "Fuck yes, this is our chance to undo our Homelander mistake. Do -ANYTHING- to get this woman to play along. Threats, money, psychological warfare, etc". Based on Becca's comment to the scientist at the gate, it seems clear that part of her agreeing was hiding her from Homelander and protecting them, which makes me think Vought played up the fear factor significantly.

How could they have stopped her from taking the Plan B pill the next day?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
yea, just watching w/o comic book knowledge,

who says it was rape? she says it was rape, the crazy old man scientist says it was rape, but he says it was rape to throw butcher off her trail, something like, he delivered a supe baby and that killed em both.

shes probably using the same reasoning that it was rape, so that she could leave butcher

I did read the comics. Since the show is diverging quite a bit who knows what direction they're trying to go with it.

Cybsled

How could they have stopped her from taking the Plan B pill the next day?

She vanished pretty much right after the event, which implies Vought got their claws into her ASAP. Pretty easy to say “you abort, we tell Homelander and we throw you to him. Btw, did we mention he is a sadist and will take his time torturing you?”

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The power disparity between Homelander and her is too great for her to ever be able to actually consent.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did read the comics. Since the show is diverging quite a bit who knows what direction they're trying to go with it.
yeah, the show and comic have almost nothing in common at this point. maeve, atrain, the deep, stormfront, man from Voight, the female, cia lady, etc are all "in name only."

the incriminating photos that are a major key plotpoint are not even a thing in the show. one that can't even be added now, as Homelander is already acting like a psychopath.

• 1Solidarity

Brad2770

So I have a theory around the supe kid so that it still kind of sticks with the comics:

So Homelander has already pissed the kid off, so he does have a potential mean streak. Becca has stated how kind and nice he is and Butcher has stated that he’s a supe freak. So with that said-

I think Homelander’s influence and the kid’s realization how powerful he is will get the best of him and he will purposely or accidentally murder Becca. Butcher will flip the fuck out, murder the kid and that puts Homelander and Butcher right back at each other’s throats. Going this route allows for some character development and some extended entertainment for a couple of more seasons and really puts some emotional feel behind what happened versus some kind of flash back like in the comics.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Or Homelander’s “I only need me” translated to him giving less of a shit about the family playtime he has going. He could end up killing both Becca and Ryan after he tires of the stress of it. What was telling: when he had stress moments before, he went to Becca’s house. After episode 3, he went to play pretend Madeline after stress episodes because the Becca house wasn’t doing it and he went back to his previous comfort zone. If he doesn’t need that comfort, then they’re expendable to him just like Madeline was

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That shit with blindspot was fucking great.

Dude that plays homelander is amazing
AS good as he is as Homelander you is just as good as the ex-con pretending to be a sheriff in Banshee. Go watch Banshee and revel in Homelander and copious amounts of violence and titties.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree. He makes me want to punch him in the face. He has all the reasons to want to kill the super heroes but he is such a douche about everything.
This is why he is a good character. He evokes these emotions in the viewer just like he does in Butcher.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I watched it the night it released and the subtitles didn't even show "Speaking French". They were just empty black boxes, and when I tried to go to options for subtitles it just said "Subtitles (off)" with no option to turn them on or change languages.
I had the same shit and thought it was the Ultra High Def fucking shit up. I turned on english subtitles when needed and it worked.