The Boys

Brad2770

It's pretty hard to pull off having a character murder a child, no matter what the circumstance, and have the audience feel anything but contempt/disgust for that character.

Butcher wasn’t exactly likable in the comic. He’s a lot softer in the show.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Butcher is more likable in the show, but he is definitely a "are you useful? do you forward my agenda/goal?" type of guy. He's shown that he has no issues dropping folks when they no longer suit his needs. This entire time, it has been revolving around his wife (be it revenge for her "death", and then to locate her). Now he knows his wife is alive, but she won't go with him because Butcher doesn't want to deal with another man's supe kid. Given his extreme dislike of supes, that leaves him with 2 options: Figure out a way to un-supe people or completely destroy Vaught, or manipulate someone into eliminating the kid (but in such a way it could never be traced back to him). #2 is insanely risky, so I can't see him doing that unless he thought there was no way to resolve the issue.

spronk

FPS noob
there is a third option, figure out a way to get the kid to off Homelander and become a father figure (control) to the kid. of course its Butcher so the twist will be that he COMPLETELY fucks it up and homelander kills the kid and Becca and a small city of orphans or something

that may be too dark for the show tho

• 1Worf

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
so without spoilers for those who have read the comic books, does the show start diverging from said comics at the end of season 1? I feel watching this season that the writing is not great for the most part and that it has taken a massive dip in quality compared to season 1 which I loved throughout. Getting heavy GOT vibes already.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so without spoilers for those who have read the comic books, does the show start diverging from said comics at the end of season 1? I feel watching this season that the writing is not great for the most part and that it has taken a massive dip in quality compared to season 1 which I loved throughout. Getting heavy GOT vibes already.
it diverged when they made homelander have mommy milf issues

but A LOT of the comic did NOT focus on the the seven, it focused on butcher and crew taking down many d, c and b rank heroes and teams

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, the writing feels weak this season so far, and there just isn't all that much interesting stuff happening. Stormfront blowing the fuck out of the apartment building was the only thing that stood out. The boat > whale thing might have bot it was spoiled by the trailers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show diverges on a number of points from the very beginning. The comic has a good concept, but gets bogged down in overly edge-lordy shit. The tv show kept the main overall themes (butcher is out for revenge, vought wants to get supes in the military, Hughie is in this because A-train killed his girlfriend by accident). The show would be worse if they stuck strictly to the source material. Not that they can’t fuck this up as well.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Billy butcher isn't a good guy. He's not even the protagonist. They have showed since the first moment he showed up that he's a sociopath at this point. Sure we understand WHY he's so driven, but hughie went through basically the same thing and he has shown repeatedly that he's still a thinking, feeling, caring human being. Butcher isnt anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they just went full on villain with him soon

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
nah, I think moving Butcher into the chaotic good realm is a smart play. He is inherently good in the show, even if massively self important.

He has a moral compass, him saving Hughey is a perfect example of this. I dont think him having reservations about a supe kid changes anything or leads him down the path of turning into a "bad guy".

Him and MM are both motivated by different things, but both are also characters you root for as they are seeking justice in the name of defeating Vought/evil.

There are enough bad guys/pricks/assholes in this show already, they dont need to move Butcher into that category. If anything I think it would hurt the show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Fuck this show, nothing wrong with Almond Joys.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 13 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How could they have stopped her from taking the Plan B pill the next day?

I mean, they did make CIA chick's head explode when she said something they didn't like, I don't think stopping her from aborting her baby is too much of a stretch

Fucker

Log Wizard
They are a terrible candy bar.
432254.gif

Cybsled

Almond Joys are good, but I agree Charleston Chews are fucking shit-tier candy

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
it diverged when they made homelander have mommy milf issues

but A LOT of the comic did NOT focus on the the seven, it focused on butcher and crew taking down many d, c and b rank heroes and teams
Speaking of this, does Mother's Milk have anything to do with Homelander? You know his nickname and all and Homelander's weird mommy issues and milk fetish.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
nah, I think moving Butcher into the chaotic good realm is a smart play. He is inherently good in the show, even if massively self important.

He has a moral compass, him saving Hughey is a perfect example of this. I dont think him having reservations about a supe kid changes anything or leads him down the path of turning into a "bad guy".

Him and MM are both motivated by different things, but both are also characters you root for as they are seeking justice in the name of defeating Vought/evil.

There are enough bad guys/pricks/assholes in this show already, they dont need to move Butcher into that category. If anything I think it would hurt the show.
Uh he did just bash Sixth Sense kid's head against a sink because he's a supe