The Boys

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
See, if this season was dumped in a row, when you hit this episode you would be far more forgiving of the lull before it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol.

1601010870969.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So why couldn't Cindy just leave her cell in the first place?

I started to ask myself all kinds of questions like this and realized there was likely no reasonable explanation and to just let it go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This show is so wildly inconsistent with powers that if it weren't a partial comedy it would be annoying. One thing Marvel did correctly is at least try to be consistent with powers as actual aspects of characters...Not because of nerd reasons about "who could beat who"--but because characters having fucking powers would make them act differently in different situations and if you don't have a good grip of what their powers are, your characters reactions are going to make zero sense.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I took it as they were sedating the people since that is what Lamplighter told Nazigirl, just happened that they were giving her the next dose as shit went down. Or they're just lazy and she forgot she could crush the door down and walk out until then. Either is a possibility

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The entire premise of housing hundreds of volatile super heroes is retarded.

Making Homelander a cuck is sad. I thought he was going to abuse Stormfront like he started to do initially after she left to her "meeting", but instead her heartfelt confession was enough to make him have that twinkle in his eye and all is well! So dumb.

Oh, and the entire premise of this show all along has been the preservation of the white race by any means necessary. Cool.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The entire premise of housing hundreds of volatile super heroes is retarded.

Making Homelander a cuck is sad. I thought he was going to abuse Stormfront like he started to do initially after she left to her "meeting", but instead her heartfelt confession was enough to make him have that twinkle in his eye and all is well! So dumb.

Oh, and the entire premise of this show all along has been the preservation of the white race by any means necessary. Cool.

The sympathetic aspect of Homelander is that every single person in his life from day one has done absolutely nothing but manipulate and lie to him. Dude craves that kind of affection.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I understand that. He is obviously emotionally vulnerable like I have mentioned previously, and it bolsters his character profile as it makes him more interesting and not just a flat evil doer. But at his core he is a sadist, I believe he enjoys power and the thrill he gets from dominating people/making them suffer. This overrides his mommy syndrome IMO.( he proved this with the doppleganger shit, killing Stillwell etc) So I can see him falling for Stormfront, but that whole scene of her revealing everything just felt...off. Like I didnt expect him to just accept what she said and go in for the kiss....

If anything he was on the right track when he grabbed her by the face and passively threatened her when they were on the roof. I thought he was going to at least have some sort of negative reaction to everything she said but then maybe relent before he truly hurt her. SOMETHING.

The flowers scene was well done, it really captured his character overall. A misguided attempt at affection, but then his own ego and self importance ruins it and he goes ape shit when she doesnt return. You would think Homelander finding out all of that information on Vought and his entire conception as the person he is today would make him either angry, or stunned, not LETS FUCK LOL.

Not only that, but I dont think Homelander would take a liking to being the face and icon of a movement he doesnt even give a fuck about. He has showed zero interest in preserving the white race, he only cares about himself. (he hates being lied to, and Stormfronts confession basically confirmed Vought has been lying to him his entire life.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Khane

Pretty sure, for a while now, Homelander has been shown to have very strong feelings towards certain demographics, so suddenly realizing Vought was a nazi and so is Stormfront probably gave him a huge boner

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Homelander has been crazy since his first appearances in this show, though he tries to maintain a do-gooder public side. Someone argued they didn't properly set up a descent for him in the story, but did you see the shit he did in season 1? It's pretty obvious and established in story that he's a ticking time bomb even as early as then.

edit:
Watching season 6, Butcher is just the most retarded and annoying character this season. I liked him season 1, but the writing for season two is just bottom of the barrel garbage that straight up ruins his character.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Execs at Vought want to be supes with a guarantee of no side effects while taking it as an adult. Isn't the bigger takeaway that Stormfront was able to have a child? Or are we assuming that happened before her injection? Maybe she's trying to make a stable army but the execs want the powers without any sterility.

Khane

Why do you think it makes you sterile? Homelander clearly wasn't sterile.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I was right, Stormfront is the true hero of the story.

• 1Worf

Khane

Eh, maybe. I've forgotten about whatever claims were made in that regard at this point now that we know he had a kid.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Everyone noticed that the way Cindy pops people is the same way the CIA chick got popped in first episode?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I understand that. He is obviously emotionally vulnerable like I have mentioned previously, and it bolsters his character profile as it makes him more interesting and not just a flat evil doer. But at his core he is a sadist, I believe he enjoys power and the thrill he gets from dominating people/making them suffer. This overrides his mommy syndrome IMO.( he proved this with the doppleganger shit, killing Stillwell etc) So I can see him falling for Stormfront, but that whole scene of her revealing everything just felt...off. Like I didnt expect him to just accept what she said and go in for the kiss....

If anything he was on the right track when he grabbed her by the face and passively threatened her when they were on the roof. I thought he was going to at least have some sort of negative reaction to everything she said but then maybe relent before he truly hurt her. SOMETHING.

The flowers scene was well done, it really captured his character overall. A misguided attempt at affection, but then his own ego and self importance ruins it and he goes ape shit when she doesnt return. You would think Homelander finding out all of that information on Vought and his entire conception as the person he is today would make him either angry, or stunned, not LETS FUCK LOL.

Not only that, but I dont think Homelander would take a liking to being the face and icon of a movement he doesnt even give a fuck about. He has showed zero interest in preserving the white race, he only cares about himself. (he hates being lied to, and Stormfronts confession basically confirmed Vought has been lying to him his entire life.)

This was the one perplexing part of the comic to me too. For all his power complex Homelander always gave a shit about corporate money, fans and revenue generation, and stupid shit that his character has no reason to care about. Because who's going go prevent him from doing whatever?

His limitation focuses around the notion that he really craves everyone loving him for being awesome. But I don't think either version of the story was really good at portraying that.

Khane

Everyone noticed that the way Cindy pops people is the same way the CIA chick got popped in first episode?

Yea, so obviously they let the ones they are using as testing subjects out and about to do some dirty work some of the time.