The Boys

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Counterpoint :

I found GoT extremely boring in the beginning and just never watched the show because of that. All of this fucking hype over GoT just to see it dashed in S8 (9, fuck, IDK, I didn't watch the show). *shrug* If they had dropped all of the shows at once, I would'a at least given it to episode 3 before I quit watching it. The way it was dropped? Episode 1, boring as fuck... Moving on.
"I didn't watch this show passed episode 1. GOT was overhyped. I'm so cool."

Episode 1 ends with the Queen fucking her twin brother who is the King's guard, and murdering a child who catches them. Or at least we believe they murder him. Yeah shit happens in every show I watch. Most overused trope ever.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ummm, you’re one of the few people that felt that way dude.
giphy.gif

....but yeah, GoT 1 episode drops would not fly today, must binge a season or not at all. Losing intrest in the boys for this reason.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The good ol your and you're correction.

I refuse to take the time to type the apostrophe and extra e. Queer.

GoT would have had waaay less impact if they dumped seasons. It was just a different time in 2012.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It was no different in 2012 than it is now. Meh. This is what I hate. This gets us all talking about stupid shit, rather than the episodes.

Bleh

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The good ol your and you're correction.

I refuse to take the time to type the apostrophe and extra e. Queer.

GoT would have had waaay less impact if they dumped seasons. It was just a different time in 2012.
But you're willing to spell it out and explain it

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Eventually someone will parachute in when the full season is out and convey if their experience is better or worse than the norm. I'm going to guess they find it as boring as those of us watching it week by week.

• 1Garbage

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Depends on how good the pay off is. Nobody minds a slow burn with a compelling crescendo. Everyone minds a slow burn with no payoff whatsoever. I think the viewing experience will be the same for all of us whether we watched it weekly or binged the entire thing soon after the last episode airs.

I fully expect some shit to start happening and then to be left with a cliffhanger since they ended season 1, annoyingly, on a cliffhanger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea there has to be a s3. Homelanders son, black noir stuff, Stillwell's baby is still out there somewhere, there is a lot of strings to be tied up.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The weekly versus all at once, just depends on how its written/edited.

A weekly needs a start middle end, every week. and ideally, if its a serial, a cliffhanger. the GoT s1 ep1 example is perfect. It ends with Bran getting pushed out the window.
Thats EXACTLY how you end a weekly serial.

s1 the Boys was written more like that. each episode built into the next, and things kept ramping up. S2 is now meandering. the stakes aren't building, and episodes dont have cliffhangers. Its being written as if they expected all to drop at once, so no need to have weekly crescendos. or, like a 90's episodic.. kindof like a Buffy. small contained episodes/tales, occasional character growth, and only real cliffhangers in the season finale.

Episodics have their place. but will never generate much buzz.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Good episode. I think this one sets the table for regular people taking compound V at some point in the future.

They should dedicate an episode or two showing how butcher and them came together.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh we’re already at strip mining the ip? I expect very little to happen the remainder of the season

How about instead we do an adaptation of Black Summer or No Hero or any of the other edgey deconstructions/reconstructions.

Garth Ennis did Crossed right? That would be a cool show.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I expect good things from Cindy. She definitely gave me Akira vibes. I bet she explodes Shockwave in his debut with The Seven.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users