The Boys

spronk

FPS noob
no "someone" (probably Homelander) saved the baby and it will come into the show in season 3. There was a throwaway line in season 2 about the baby being found 17 miles away from the scene.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
if The Deep takes over Scientology in season 3 that could be funny

That's where I'm hoping it goes eventually. Deep takes over the Church and now has billions of dollars at his disposal so he forms his own 7 of Fresca obsessed heroes.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Think about if Deep formed a solid alliance with all the great white sharks and orcas, and formed an elite oceanic death squad that terrorized beaches around the globe. he would be an awesome villain lol. So many different things they could do to really be assholes. Better than the girls bullshit.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Think about if Deep formed a solid alliance with all the great white sharks and orcas, and formed an elite oceanic death squad that terrorized beaches around the globe. he would be an awesome villain lol. So many different things they could do to really be assholes. Better than the girls bullshit.
Except Homelander just eyebeams the ocean and its done.

Jozu

? Not really? He cant be multiple places at once, and cant breath under water from what I understand. I mean obviously he would annihilate any focused attack, but overall the Deep has a ton of options at sea. The ridiculous whale scene was just one over the top example of the shit he could do in the water with aquatic animals.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I assume if he can fly at 35k/40k feet then breathing probably isn't a huge deal for him. But I do agree it could be awesome for sure. I love Deep as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Now I am imagining Homelander searching for Evil Deep, torpedoing himself through the ocean at mach 10 causing tidal waves all over the globe.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i believe it's implied he also hurt his mom, so he'll have many years of trauma
My take on that scene is that since Stormfront had her hand on the throat killing her, when she got toasted her grip of pain ripped the throat wide open. Or something similar.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I found it.. the Magical Meme that ties this thread to the GOT threads....

1602716794825.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol at being able to kill Ryan with a crowbar.

Turns out he inherited all of Homelanders powers except crowbar resistance

It's not like he didn't try it repeatedly against Stormfront. More balls than brains is kinda his thing

Jozu

Yea, I mean Homelander threw Ryan off a fucking roof LMAO.

Pretty sure it would take more than a crowbar to top the kid off.

Also, Evil Deep lol! That would be an awesome persona. have him change his outfit into something black, with some sort of mask around his eyes maybe, who knows, but if he turned into some sort of maniacal commander of the seas most dangerous, that would be awesome.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
homelander tossed ryan off a single story house, wasn't it? and the kid landed feet first. and didn't he pass out or something? i'm not rewatching it because i don't care much.

ryan is at the PERFECT age for whatever powers he has to not really be developed. maeve said in season 1 that that's how she broke her arm saving those kids on the bus in that story. she was still young and her strength and durability hadn't fully developed. it would appear that ryan's laser eyes are stronger than homelander's, but who's to say, really.

butcher was 100% enraged at ryan was nearly having a psychotic break since his ENTIRE modus operandi just died in his arms. whether or not it was POSSIBLE to brain ryan with a crowbar never entered his mind. i DO think that ryan going to butcher instead of homelander ticked something in butcher's head, though. i wouldn't be surprised if his headspace in that moment was about using ryan to get at homelander somehow.

also my boy jensen ackles is playing soldier boy next season and i just... well i was super excited when i found out but the way this season went i just am not sure anymore

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The writers just used that crowbar scene to lazily create tension

• 1Like

Jozu

I thought Butcher would end up mentoring and protecting Ryan, watching over him so he develops into a "good supe".

But nope, they just have him dump him off to the CIA or whatever.

With MM going home, Hughie going to work for head popper, and Frenchie going on vacation with Kimoko, the boys aren't even a thing at the end of the season.

So it will be interesting to see what Butcher does, and I hope Stillwells baby turns out to be some awesome power user who comes out of nowhere down the line.

Edit: does Homelander just stop giving a fuck about Ryan since he rebuked him and is now basically gone?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I thought Butcher would end up mentoring and protecting Ryan, watching over him so he develops into a "good supe".

But nope, they just have him dump him off to the CIA or whatever.

With MM going home, Hughie going to work for head popper, and Frenchie going on vacation with Kimoko, the boys aren't even a thing at the end of the season.

So it will be interesting to see what Butcher does, and I hope Stillwells baby turns out to be some awesome power user who comes out of nowhere down the line.

Edit: does Homelander just stop giving a fuck about Ryan since he rebuked him and is now basically gone?

Right now the Boys are essentially taking the between season vacation like pro athletes. It was already mentioned by Ms CIA that she's going to have off the books money to run an op again. This is essentially the set up of the Boys in the comics. Which tells me Butcher will be in, and when he runs into his first big problem he'll take an episode or two to "get the band back together".

Stillwell's baby would have to grow up, which will mean years probably.

And I would say Homelander at least superficially walked away from Ryan when he didn't "love" him over Butcher and his dead mom.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Homelander will care about Ryan when he realizes that he's the only person that poses a threat to him.
at the very least, this. homelander absolutely cares about ryan but only so far as it meets his own needs. he wants to be a dad specifically because he's obsessed with adoration and kids love their parents... well, until they don't. i wouldn't be surprised if homelander never thinks about ryan right up until ryan shows up with a grudge

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hadn’t watched any of this until this week while on vacation. Binged both seasons. The first was really good, loved it. The second was riddled with plot holes, people showing up out of nowhere several times, and weird out of place lines like stormfront giving her random “white people are being genocided” speech to Ryan. A massive walled in compound in the middle of nowhere with an eight foot wide escape drain...Maeve appearing into random open field with no coverage that would have his her walking up, could she fly? I could go on about other things that were dumb.

I still enjoyed both seasons but the second was a definite let down.

After I was done I went to read some of the comics and had to stop after five or six. Man that shit is awful. Teknite trying to fuck a cat, fucked a hamster and killed it? It was just way too over the top juvenile for me. Anyways, it was way different than the show, even the first couple comics. I prefer the humans not directly confronting the heroes like in the show, trying to think of creative ways to kill/incapacitate them instead of just fighting them in the streets.

The first season of the Boys reminded me of The Returners series by Brandon Sanderson, which I enjoyed. Just regular people trying to figure out weaknesses and stay out of sight so they don’t get annihilated.

• 1Solidarity