The Boys

faille

Molten Core Raider
I hadn’t watched any of this until this week while on vacation. Binged both seasons. The first was really good, loved it. The second was riddled with plot holes, people showing up out of nowhere several times, and weird out of place lines like stormfront giving her random “white people are being genocided” speech to Ryan. A massive walled in compound in the middle of nowhere with an eight foot wide escape drain...Maeve appearing into random open field with no coverage that would have his her walking up, could she fly? I could go on about other things that were dumb.

I still enjoyed both seasons but the second was a definite let down.

After I was done I went to read some of the comics and had to stop after five or six. Man that shit is awful. Teknite trying to fuck a cat, fucked a hamster and killed it? It was just way too over the top juvenile for me. Anyways, it was way different than the show, even the first couple comics. I prefer the humans not directly confronting the heroes like in the show, trying to think of creative ways to kill/incapacitate them instead of just fighting them in the streets.

The first season of the Boys reminded me of The Returners series by Brandon Sanderson, which I enjoyed. Just regular people trying to figure out weaknesses and stay out of sight so they don’t get annihilated.
you mean the reckoners?

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to binging season 2, while it was weaker than season 1, I still enjoyed it very much.

The cast is pretty amazing overall and we're getting some great performance. The guy playing Homelander is just outstanding in my opinion, the way he switches between his public personality, to total psychopath, to pathetic insecure in the blink of an eye is just so cool to see. He is given some awesome material to work with and is nailing it.

I'm looking forward to more of the same.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Love Sausage confirmed to be in season 3.
1603029476539.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't read any of the thread but wanted to post anyway.

I guess I enjoyed S2, but can we just stop with the White Supremacy narrative in every other show? I legitimately almost stopped watching the series the moment they suggested Stormfront was a Nazi.

For people that aren't delusional, streaming almost anything these days is less about entertainment and more about tolerating bullshit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll agree she had some cringey dialogue. The white genocide shit she said to Ryan was so eyeroll-worthy.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The white genocide statement to Ryan was literally the most ridiculous line of dialogue in the entire series, including season 1. Homelanders reaction was hilarious and yet glib, perfect. His reaction somewhat made the comment forgivable in a way because it didnt take itself too seriously at that moment, but either way it was cringe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You guys act like that's not how real white supremacists talk. Just ask any board member here since this is stormfront 2.0

• 2Picard
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The scene where they pitch some capeshit movie and make fun of MCU was good, otherwise it's very weak writing and characters doing dumb stuff for plot's sake. The actor playing Homelander still holds the show on its shoulders. The whole Stormfront-nazi arch was cringeworthy at best, and Karl Urban's character is an idiot.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So I binged this shit. "make america safe again"

/ok

Best part was the cult the Deep was in. Got a chuckle out of those scenes.

• 1Like