The Boys

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
At the end of the day, he's in Homelanders head and that means he's still winning with regard to their dynamic. It's, in my opinion, the one main reason Homelander hasn't killed him. He (Homelander) wants to prove he's better than Edgar at this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I think that's one thing they've established with homelander that's been pretty effective and necessary for a character that is so powerful. He wants to gloat and make people know he beat them. He could easily kill them without any effort but to be able to make them feel the mental pain is really what he's looking for.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If he had powers, all that would confirm is that she wasn't aware of them. I would assume at this point if he ends up having powers, he's done his absolute best to make sure as few people as possible know.

Homelander mentioning being grown in a lab could be something like being progammed to not be able to kill Gus or having some kind of kill switch that only he and Homelander know about

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another possibility is that Homelander's powers do have a limit but as long as Homelander keeps taking something he maintains his strength. That would certainly be a way to maintain control. It could also explain his fascination with...milk.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Homelander mentioning being grown in a lab could be something like being progammed to not be able to kill Gus or having some kind of kill switch that only he and Homelander know about
Im thinking its going to come down to something as simple as this. Or if Edgar's heart beat stops a bomb surgically implanted in Heartlander's head long ago when he was a child and his power's had not developed yet will go off. Id rather it NOT be low hanging fruit like this and more cloak & dagger, but whatever.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I like to speculate about it this way. Edgar has an incurable disease, he knows he's gonna die. And he doesnt have anyone he loves. And deep down hes just a nihilist. So he's just a cold motherfucker. What's Homelander gonna do to him? Kill him? oh no not that

I like to think about it that way. He's just a cold, nihilistic mofo who gets off on being able to control the most powerful man on the planet through sheer will, and has nothing to lose if it goes sideways.

They'll probably do a bomb implanted in his ass though. I'm just sayin. They've killed two people on this show with a bomb in the ass. Hollywood isnt creative.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Well, even if they get there by a different path and backstory, I'm still kinda assuming they'll use Black Noir as Edgar's anti-Homelander fail-safe / back-up in some shape or form. No? Especially since there was a (surviving, burned) Black Noir in the young-Edgar-in-Guatemala-Flashbacks.

• 1Like

Cybsled

At the end of the day, he's in Homelanders head and that means he's still winning with regard to their dynamic. It's, in my opinion, the one main reason Homelander hasn't killed him. He (Homelander) wants to prove he's better than Edgar at this game.

It could also just come down to Edgar not showing signs of weakness. Think about what Butcher and Edgar both have in common? They aren't afraid of Homelander. I think this fascinates Homelander enough that he doesn't outright kill them. Don't forget that he didn't kill Stillwell until she admitted she was afraid of him.

• 3Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think they have a way to nerf supes and why Soldier Boys is is going to fuck with Homelanders head a long with stealing his spotlight

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've never read the comics but it makes sense from a TV storytelling arc standpoint that season 4 ends with Homelander completely depowered due to Soldier Boy who replaces him, then the next season The Boys work with Homelander to fight Soldier Boy and along the way Homelander gets his powers back, coin toss on whether he is #TeamGood or #TeamBad

• 1WTF

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Homelander is redeemable. They're going to need a lot of screen time to pull that off reasonably.

• 3Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Homelander is redeemable. They're going to need a lot of screen time to pull that off reasonably.
This right here. Even if the writers wanted to redeem Homelander, I cant imagine the fan base will ever like him after all the weird, crazy ass shit he's done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This right here. Even if the writers wanted to redeem Homelander, I cant imagine the fan base will ever like him after all the weird, crazy ass shit he's done.
Like him? He is my favorite fucking character on the show. Homelander is the show.

• 6Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Cybsled

If Homelander was ever depowered, People wouldn’t hesitate to kill him

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If Homelander gets depowered, an interesting story line would be The Boys having to protect him from the world.

• 1Pathetic

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We should be giving the showrunners some credit, as this season has been massively more enjoyable than season 2, and the writing and pacing is WAY better. Usually dont see that too often, where a show figures out how to rebound after a down season, but so far so good.

• 3Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We should be giving the showrunners some credit, as this season has been massively more enjoyable than season 2, and the writing and pacing is WAY better. Usually dont see that too often, where a show figures out how to rebound after a down season, but so far so good.
After watching the first 3 its just more of S2 IMO. In the first 3 episodes all thats happened is Butcher took 24 hour v and killed a sup, thats it.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I understand the animosity between Stan Edgar and Homelander, but not really. Did Homelander do something personal to Edgar? Like why is he so adversarial with Homelander?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand the animosity between Stan Edgar and Homelander, but not really. Did Homelander do something personal to Edgar? Like why is he so adversarial with Homelander?
To keep Homelander on his toes and stay alive. Stan has to always appear strong or Homelander will pop him like a grape. Alpha always has to act like an Alpha.

• 1Like