The Boys

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the show might pull a "Stan is actually Vought", but he changed his appearance. But they showed young Stan back in the 80s, so I'm not so sure anymore.

I still think they might go for some angle like that, though.
So...expensive blackface? It would be funny as fuck, but current political climate wouldn't allow "white guy is now black guy" to happen.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention Stormfront of the third reich was his wife? Maybe a bastard child of the original Vought though.

spronk

FPS noob

huh this week may be a musical?

This seasons main theme is supposed to be toxic masculinity - not guessing, the showrunner has said this in interviews. You can definitely see all the playout of failed fatherhood but it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Cybsled

Kimiko has been big on music this season, so I am guessing the musical will be some type of fever dream she is having due to her injuries

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is awesome, but I cant tell if its woke or based. It takes itself serious at times, but then makes fun of itself while also playing both sides of the fence. The inclusive land part and the homelander maga shit ia a good example. I feel like their are just making fun of the entire political spectrum.

• 3Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's how it should be, if a show wants to include that at all. Season 2, however, makes me untrustworthy of their intent.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The showrunners are at least self-aware enough to understand that the far left is way the fuck out there. Do you think real wokesters would be able to stomach even a tongue-in-cheek reference to BLM (which was fucking hilarious) or a black character exploiting his skin color to become famous? This is not absolving them of the shitshow that was *literal* girl power + punch a nazi last season becasue I think they are far enough left that they truly believe some of it; but this season has shown that they can at least make the far left squirm.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
While they shit on both sides equally, there are still hints of the gril power bullshit. There was a scene where Hughie gets upset and starts telling starlight that she shouldnt accept being co captain and she answers him with something like "men don't get questioned when they get promoted". Like, cunt what? He is against it because he is concerned about you. And then starlight gives almost the same speech as Hughie to Captain Taco, or whatever the fuck, half an hour later.

So I am hopeful but remain skeptical.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they had more tits no one would question it, but they don't shy away from gore.

endless parade of male ass and dicks, no tits to be found. 6 russian hookers in the last episode, not 1 god damn nipple? how about some fan service here?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
endless parade of male ass and dicks, no tits to be found. 6 russian hookers in the last episode, not 1 god damn nipple? how about some fan service here?
ah but that would servicing the wrong type of fan

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This show is awesome, but I cant tell if its woke or based. It takes itself serious at times, but then makes fun of itself while also playing both sides of the fence. The inclusive land part and the homelander maga shit ia a good example. I feel like their are just making fun of the entire political spectrum.

It makes fun of both sides but leans more left. I live in LA and even a lot of liberal people here think the woke stuff is getting over the top.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ah but that would servicing the wrong type of fan
I don't know of any females watching this show.

I got my wife to watch the first season and she wouldn't watch the second nor third. Too many dicks, she said.

• 3Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
While they shit on both sides equally, there are still hints of the gril power bullshit. There was a scene where Hughie gets upset and starts telling starlight that she shouldnt accept being co captain and she answers him with something like "men don't get questioned when they get promoted". Like, cunt what? He is against it because he is concerned about you. And then starlight gives almost the same speech as Hughie to Captain Taco, or whatever the fuck, half an hour later.

So I am hopeful but remain skeptical.
More than hints. Enough for me that I noped out after Ep one. I fully admit I'm old and I just don't give a fuck anymore, but it was too much for me and I just don't have to care.

The kind of show I want to watch, they literally can't make anymore.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This show is entertaining to watch. Simple as that, I'll take this over the typical SJW shit any day of the week. If you noped out of it then you are missing a solid series. The lack of titties is disappointing for sure but doesn't ruin the show.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is the only show I'm watching right now, which I might get back into Stranger Things or Barry since nothing else good has been coming out. I just hope they don't don't make soldier boy a zombie weapon, regardless it should be fun seeing Homelander either realize Soldier boy can nerf him or steal all of his spotlight that he's high on right now

Fadaar

That guy
I don't know of any females watching this show.

I got my wife to watch the first season and she wouldn't watch the second nor third. Too many dicks, she said.

only female i know that watches this show is my mom. like, i was completely shocked when i found out my parents had watched this show. only reason i even found out is she asked my sister (in the group chat we have with her) if she recognized the guy from a picture. it was a picture of chace crawford from the boys. guess he used to be in some show they watched. i was like wait, fuckin what, you guys are watching the boys?

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users