The Boys

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I don't know of any females watching this show.

I got my wife to watch the first season and she wouldn't watch the second nor third. Too many dicks, she said.

My 42 year old Korean co-worker who is a mom and pretty strong christian watches this show and likes it. I was very surprised. Have not talked to her about the current season though.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I don't know of any females watching this show.

I got my wife to watch the first season and she wouldn't watch the second nor third. Too many dicks, she said.
Generally i'd agree, but my sister and one of my wow female friends are definitely watching. I think the over the top gore turns off a bunch- but there are always weirdos.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It makes fun of both sides but leans more left.
Id say its far more than just leans left. Just that S1 outside the the leftist idiocy(oh wow, an incredibly out of left field scene to show atrain getting profiled?) was pretty enjoyable so wasnt too much of a problem.

S2 being meh at best means all that sjw nonsense stands out. That scene after escaping from the sup facility where they go to car jack the middle aged pussy quick to pull a gun white man stereotype was incredibly wtf. Starlight murders the dude without hesitation and not only does she have zero remorse for it, she literally victim blames the dude calling him a dumbass and says his death was his own fault.
I think the over the top gore turns off a bunch- but there are always weirdos.
Thats the thing Ive enjoyed most about this. So tired of shows/movies with sanitized pg-13 violence.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Id say its far more than just leans left. Just that S1 outside the the leftist idiocy(oh wow, an incredibly out of left field scene to show atrain getting profiled?) was pretty enjoyable so wasnt too much of a problem.

S2 being meh at best means all that sjw nonsense stands out. That scene after escaping from the sup facility where they go to car jack the middle aged pussy quick to pull a gun white man stereotype was incredibly wtf. Starlight murders the dude without hesitation and not only does she have zero remorse for it, she literally victim blames the dude calling him a dumbass and says his death was his own fault.

Thats the thing Ive enjoyed most about this. So tired of shows/movies with sanitized pg-13 violence.
What this show lacks is GOT level titties and ass.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The people on that show were always close just from the interviews, Jensen really comes off as a Keanu type person.

They did spend 15 seasons together, they were either gonna end up really close or wanting to murder each other. Glad it was the former.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i think stan being a supe would ruin the character. what makes him interesting is that he knows how to work people. like he said to starlight, real power is bending people to your will. thing is, homelander doesn't think stan is a supe, but he still walks the line behind him. if it just comes down to him having super powers it messes with that dynamic in a not interesting way.
i mean, yeah you could explain a lot of things by just saying that stan is a supe, i'm just saying i think that's a cheap way to explain it all. people falling in line behind homelander makes sense because everyone knows he's invincible and insane. but stan... stan controls homelander out of sheer will. obviously anything can happen at this point, i'd just prefer it if stan had no super powers of any kind other than just being who he is.
The ONLY thing I can think of, since I havent read the books (and the show may not even follow them?) is that he has something on Homelander. The shit just doesnt make sense that people in Vought arent even in the same realm of being intimidated by him, but yet Homelander - who I clearly expected to just Sparta kick his ass out of the fucking window this episode - basically tucks his tail and shuts the fuck up.

Yes, if he is basically Professor X or some shit - Im going to be mildly let down since that would ultimately fuck up other parts of the story. Even if it came down to "Edgar has to concentrate every fiber of his being to contain Homelander" it just wouldnt be as interesting as the mystery of "What the fuck does Edgar have on Homelander?"

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They did spend 15 seasons together, they were either gonna end up really close or wanting to murder each other. Glad it was the former.
Although from what I understand, Kripke was mostly done (other than producing) after Season 5 or so. He had a 5 season arc and when that ended he let others assume more control, while still raking in the cash. At least that's my understanding, I'm sure I'm wrong about something.

As far as wokeness, Kripke is literally one of the biggest TDS sufferers in existence. I'm glad to see he is making fun of the extremes on his side for a change, but make no mistake about him thinking there is anything even remotely worthwhile on the right side of the aisle.

If that's not enough, Seth Rogen is an executive producer, and we all know what a faggot he is. So the fact that they make BLM BLT jokes is honestly kind of mind-blowing, and I have to give them a tiny bit of credit. I bet they'd backpedal instantly if a big enough woke mob targeted them though, and Amazon held up a check.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Although from what I understand, Kripke was mostly done (other than producing) after Season 5 or so. He had a 5 season arc and when that ended he let others assume more control, while still raking in the cash. At least that's my understanding, I'm sure I'm wrong about something.

As far as wokeness, Kripke is literally one of the biggest TDS sufferers in existence. I'm glad to see he is making fun of the extremes on his side for a change, but make no mistake about him thinking there is anything even remotely worthwhile on the right side of the aisle.

If that's not enough, Seth Rogen is an executive producer, and we all know what a faggot he is. So the fact that they make BLM BLT jokes is honestly kind of mind-blowing, and I have to give them a tiny bit of credit. I bet they'd backpedal instantly if a big enough woke mob targeted them though, and Amazon held up a check.

He might be a faggot but he's never been accused of anything James Franco has-- which is to his credit, considering how closely they worked together.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
He might be a faggot but he's never been accused of anything James Franco has-- which is to his credit, considering how closely they worked together.

This might not be a popular opinion around here but I don't think Seth Rogen is as much of a legitimate SJW TDS faggot as he appears. I think he's just doing everything he can to stay in Hollywood's good graces and keep getting paychecks. I'd sell my soul for that kind of money that's for sure.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This might not be a popular opinion around here but I don't think Seth Rogen is as much of a legitimate SJW TDS faggot as he appears. I think he's just doing everything he can to stay in Hollywood's good graces and keep getting paychecks. I'd sell my soul for that kind of money that's for sure.
Hes the "newer" Kevin Smith. Big comic book nerd who does good with this style of humor. Even if he did fuck up Preacher. Kevin Smith just became and even bigger simp crybaby and lost 90% of his fans.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

kripke left after the 5th season as showrunner. i THINK sera gamble took over then? but that might not have been until a few seasons later... kripke's name might have been on some things for a season or two after the 5th, but he once he did his 5 year story, he was done with the show.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Doesnt matter if you only pretend to be a piece of shit or are a piece of shit, youre still a piece of shit.

Also the guys range is limited to nothing more than low brow weed stoner comedies. Not much would be lost if sausage party never saw the light of day.

• 2Solidarity

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Even though the show so far has major differences with the comic source, I still think Edgar (who is basically Stillwell from the comics) isn't a supe, he just has massive steel balls and is confident enough about Homelander's insecurities to tell it how it is. Neuman telling Edgar that she's been protecting him all along tends to confirm he doesn't have powers as well, he's just very manipulative and calculating.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Neuman telling Edgar that she's been protecting him all along tends to confirm he doesn't have powers as well, he's just very manipulative and calculating.
If he had powers, all that would confirm is that she wasn't aware of them. I would assume at this point if he ends up having powers, he's done his absolute best to make sure as few people as possible know.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Ya, he strikes me as the guy who has secrets buried in secrets buried in secrets.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Even though the show so far has major differences with the comic source, I still think Edgar (who is basically Stillwell from the comics) isn't a supe, he just has massive steel balls and is confident enough about Homelander's insecurities to tell it how it is. Neuman telling Edgar that she's been protecting him all along tends to confirm he doesn't have powers as well, he's just very manipulative and calculating.

The series is majorly majorly fucking deviates from the source materials which is almost always a recipe for disaster since Hollywood is filled with faggot failure hacks like the dick Jew fags who ruined Games of Thrones even though they were basically offered unlimited money and resources.

So them making Edgar a supe would be the dumbest fucking option that any of us could think of. I feel like means there is a high likely-hood that is can happen then. Since as previously stated most of Hollywood is hack loser faggots who fail upwards.