The Boys

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So one thing I think I missed. Who did Homelander kill at the speaker pile? Why was he all covered in blood? I may not have been paying attention.

Caliane

So one thing I think I missed. Who did Homelander kill at the speaker pile? Why was he all covered in blood? I may not have been paying attention.
he went back to the Cabin, which was full of Vought mercs, who where there to pick up the kid. and killed them all.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
he went back to the Cabin, which was full of Vought mercs, who where there to pick up the kid. and killed them all.
The whole sequence was done very poorly and didn’t make a ton of sense.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
it's almost like they got their special effects budget cut this season
Yeah I mean the final battle taking place in literally a field out in the middle of nowhere is pretty strong evidence of that.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea a very strange "climax".

Its almost like they spent their entire budget on the whale scene or something. Also, did they just fucking forget about Cindy or whatever the name of the bald supe from the mental hospital?

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that was disappointing.

So, a Supe can have their eyes stabbed out??? This whole time, the eyes are regular?????????????????? YOU CAN BLIND A SUPE!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! "Oh they are invincible but a well placed 50 Cal in the eye kills them. An Explosion with shrapnel would kill them. Any high form of Shock wave would kill them?????? REALLY!?!?!

That was some stupid shit.

In the exact same scene we get more stupid shit. The little kid goes full nuke(Because given the condition of Stormfront it would've had to have been) and both the mother and Butcher have not a single burn mark?????????? Anybody who has been around a good campfire understands radiating heat. You can easily burn without actually being in the fire. How the hell did Stormfront take that kind of damage and it not take out a 20 meter area with heat???? Instead the mother(I thought when they panned to her she was going to be smoking), has a stab wound to the neck??????? The kid actually did not do anything against his mother.

Well I was right about the confrontation, but was wrong about how the fight would go.

You spend an entire season showing how Starlight's power works and then have Starlight kick the villain down??? WHAT THE FUCK?????? Starlight should have been knocked over.....Yes. Then she should have stood up radiating fucking light with a bit of purple in it, to show where the power came from, and put a fucking hurt on Stormfront. It did not have to kill Stormfront with the first shot, but it should have made her plenty aware of the danger in using the dark force against Starlight.

Instead we get girls kicking her while she is down like some sort of gang fight. What the hell was so super about that??

P.S. Does Maeve have a crush on Starlight? Maeve seems to always be around.

The show's lack of budget was clear on that episode. Power effects were limited. I was hoping they were saving the best for last but that was not the case.

The Senator being a Supe was actually pretty good. It was the best part of that episode.

The Episode ending was fitting. It felt as though the fans got jacked off on watching that season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's pretty clear that they just have no idea how to quantify superpowers. they put trackers in the 7... but how? certain ones make sense, the deep, lamplighter... they didn't have any kind of skin durability that they've told us about... who knows what's up with noir... but maeve, homelander and starlight all have super tough skin, with starlight being on the lower end by comparison and it took a diamond cutter to get hers out. starlight got hit in the chest with a 50 cal at less than 30 yards and it barely affected her...

stormfront can shoot electricity but apparently it's not really that strong? it's enough to knock people over, but not enough to actually... well, HURT them. wtf.

tenor.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Well, that was disappointing.

So, a Supe can have their eyes stabbed out??? This whole time, the eyes are regular?????????????????? YOU CAN BLIND A SUPE!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! "Oh they are invincible but a well placed 50 Cal in the eye kills them. An Explosion with shrapnel would kill them. Any high form of Shock wave would kill them?????? REALLY!?!?!

That was some stupid shit.

In the exact same scene we get more stupid shit. The little kid goes full nuke(Because given the condition of Stormfront it would've had to have been) and both the mother and Butcher have not a single burn mark?????????? Anybody who has been around a good campfire understands radiating heat. You can easily burn without actually being in the fire. How the hell did Stormfront take that kind of damage and it not take out a 20 meter area with heat???? Instead the mother(I thought when they panned to her she was going to be smoking), has a stab wound to the neck??????? The kid actually did not do anything against his mother.

Well I was right about the confrontation, but was wrong about how the fight would go.

You spend an entire season showing how Starlight's power works and then have Starlight kick the villain down??? WHAT THE FUCK?????? Starlight should have been knocked over.....Yes. Then she should have stood up radiating fucking light with a bit of purple in it, to show where the power came from, and put a fucking hurt on Stormfront. It did not have to kill Stormfront with the first shot, but it should have made her plenty aware of the danger in using the dark force against Starlight.

Instead we get girls kicking her while she is down like some sort of gang fight. What the hell was so super about that??

P.S. Does Maeve have a crush on Starlight? Maeve seems to always be around.

The show's lack of budget was clear on that episode. Power effects were limited. I was hoping they were saving the best for last but that was not the case.

The Senator being a Supe was actually pretty good. It was the best part of that episode.

The Episode ending was fitting. It felt as though the fans got jacked off on watching that season.
yeah, those were some points I forgot to mention, but noted during it..

regular human powered knife to the eye works.. Becca wasnt incinerated. Just dumb shit.

Supes not being invincible was def a comic thing. if anything the show has been really bad at lampooning or deconstructing that. Like Lamplighter. no way that retard would be any appreciable as a superhero. exactly, anyone with a gun could take him out.
Ennis has always been that kind of guy. Hitman.

Comic stormfront was just stomped to death by the Boys on v. it was probably an allusion to that.. Should have just done her like that. The Female is strong enough to have done it for sure.

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Imagine spending screen time preparing for battle and the actual scene is some female empowerment boring garbage. Oh wait, we don't need to imagine.

Season 3 is going to be absolute trash.

Lets all hold off until Xevy Xevy explains to everyone how it was amazing and you're all just misogynists who don't appreciate the masterful art we saw.

• 2Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
it's pretty clear that they just have no idea how to quantify superpowers. they put trackers in the 7... but how? certain ones make sense, the deep, lamplighter... they didn't have any kind of skin durability that they've told us about... who knows what's up with noir... but maeve, homelander and starlight all have super tough skin, with starlight being on the lower end by comparison and it took a diamond cutter to get hers out. starlight got hit in the chest with a 50 cal at less than 30 yards and it barely affected her...

stormfront can shoot electricity but apparently it's not really that strong? it's enough to knock people over, but not enough to actually... well, HURT them. wtf.

tenor.gif
Yeah you're 100% right on but I don't know why you would expect anything else from a writer's room full of SJW blue hairs. The convenience of their plot objectives takes much higher precedence over any sort of consistency or internal logic regarding power levels. They are writing this show from the perspective of "how can we set up a big girl power moment?" rather than "how can we set up an epic confrontation between heroes and villains over the course of a season with an ultimate climax at the end". I guarantee none of these cunts ever watched Dragon Ball Z or read a comic book.

j00t

Yeah you're 100% right on but I don't know why you would expect anything else from a writer's room full of SJW blue hairs. The convenience of their plot objectives takes much higher precedence over any sort of consistency or internal logic regarding power levels. They are writing this show from the perspective of "how can we set up a big girl power moment?" rather than "how can we set up an epic confrontation between heroes and villains over the course of a season with an ultimate climax at the end". I guarantee none of these cunts ever watched Dragon Ball Z or read a comic book.
it's frustrating because, honestly? i don't need them to be comic books fans. that's even sort of the point of the boys... the tropes in comics wouldn't happen in "real life."

but i DO expect writers to actually be good at the job they were hired for. i don't actually remember the last time i watched a show or movie that understood nuance... wait, yes i do. it was the boys season 1. we all started out HATING the deep... but the arc they gave him really made you feel for the guy. i mean he wasn't a good person, but you sort of understood how screwed up someone in his position would be. but season 2? i don't know what happened since then.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Comic stormfront was just stomped to death by the Boys on v. it was probably an allusion to that.. Should have just done her like that. The Female is strong enough to have done it for sure.

Knowing the stormfront can fly, kicking her on the ground is the stupidest thing ever. They needed to restrain her or she was always going to exit.

There needs to be some explanation how stormfront is immune to a large man hitting her with a crowbar (she didn't even move or register it) but a knife in the eye goes right in. Completely inconsistent bullshit.

And stormfront may think Ryan was not able to/not going to use his powers, but she ignored the homelander clone and focused on (slowly) killing a non-powered person?

This is GoT level bad writing. Just bullshit.

• 2Like

j00t

don't forget all those bullets!

... man... as much as i didn't really like the movie, remember in superman returns when he gets shot in the eye with a minigun in slow motion and the bullet just crumples?

Hosix

All labs matter!
This just felt weak. It could have had some great plot twists but it went with basic/predictable. Clearly Noir almost died from the almond joy. I mean....really?

I still enjoy the show but I am not sure how season 3 will be.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the main problem is the actual crew did nothing of consequence in any supe battle, they relied entirely on Starlight and Kimiko. The Boys killed a whale and shot an escaped test subject, who nearly killed Hughie anyways.

For plot ex machinas: Maeve had to almond joy Black Noir, A-train had to drop a folder in their lap, and Maeve had to invisible copter herself to the cabin or else the plot stalls and/or the main characters simply die. Season 3 they need to juice up.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
what a bunch of cunts

the writers, that finale sucked balls. i'm angry at myself for watching season 2 tbh, the entire season was terrible. Homelander is just a little bitch, he shoulda fucking killed Maeve and Butcher and just flew off into Space with Ryan and telling him he's grounded on the moon until he stops being such a little cunt

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I think the main problem is the actual crew did nothing of consequence in any supe battle, they relied entirely on Starlight and Kimiko. The Boys killed a whale and shot an escaped test subject, who nearly killed Hughie anyways.

For plot ex machinas: Maeve had to almond joy Black Noir, A-train had to drop a folder in their lap, and Maeve had to invisible copter herself to the cabin or else the plot stalls and/or the main characters simply die. Season 3 they need to juice up.
Cant show female empowerment with men doing stuff! Dont be a bigot.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
what a bunch of cunts

the writers, that finale sucked balls. i'm angry at myself for watching season 2 tbh, the entire season was terrible. Homelander is just a little bitch, he shoulda fucking killed Maeve and Butcher and just flew off into Space with Ryan and telling him he's grounded on the moon until he stops being such a little cunt
It would make sense that he doesn't kill Maeve there if she had said "My people have this video, if you kill me it'll get released, or if you don't do what I want, it'll get released."

But she didn't. Homelander, based on what she said, probably should have just killed her and killed Butcher too.

The writers couldn't even have Maeve blackmail Homelander properly.

• 2Like