The Boys

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean season 2 made it obvious the showrunners have tailored the show to fit their perception of current events.

OK if you say so. He's obviously following something from the source material. I don't read comics so I don't know either way. That's why I included the sentence about how bad he was at it if it really was supposed to be a hamfisted homelander = trump analog.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
OK if you say so. He's obviously following something from the source material. I don't read comics so I don't know either way. That's why I included the sentence about how bad he was at it if it really was supposed to be a hamfisted homelander = trump analog.

Not really, since a lot of us picked up on it right away

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The comics were just a totally different deal. The first few volumes mainly involved examination of various tropes and parody of existing supes / superhero teams from Marvel and DC. The fun was in seeing just how incredibly fucked up each was.

The show has a much MUCH stronger overall narrative.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The comics often feel like they’re edgy just to be edgy. While the show does that sometimes it just isn’t to the same extent.

Also a lot of comic plots just seem awfully campy in TV/Film. We saw the same thing with Thanos wanting to use the infinity gauntlet in the comics to impress Death who was a female avatar he was in love with. It was changed in the movies and tbh it was a good change.

I think Noir being a Homelander clone was a twist in a comic setting but it would seem a bit out of place in the show for some reason.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also Homelander was definitely stronger and more resistant than Soldier Boy though not by a large margin. Soldier Boy knows how to fight though and that should have been enough plus the chest explosion which I think was on cool down from the previous explosion.

Butcher is definitely weaker than Homelander but is probably the best hand to hand guy in the brawl there by a long shot.
Something I have a small theory about is that Homelander has some Super Saiyan type of build up in the show. If you go back to Herogasm and look at 51:56, you'll see him being held down by Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie. All of which have super human strength. They are able to hold Homelander down, with his face towards the ground and still Homelander was able to super man the fuck up out of there. His eyes turned red, the environment got a tinge of red and finally, lift off. Even as Soldier Boy is also going Super Saiyan, he is still holding Homelander down.

Point being, I think Homelander can achieve a much higher power than has been eluded to so far. Even if he was caught off guard by the attack and the two mud people having powers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

yeah while Homelander and Soldier Boy may have similar body durability / strength, Homelander can still fly and has laser eyes. He probably couldn't be kept immobile for very long like they did in Russia to Soldier Boy. But Soldier Boy being able to depower any supe (maybe?) overrules that I think. The big mysteries still are what happened to soldier boy and how, how perma is Soldier Boys depower, and can what took out Soldier Boy also take out Homelander?

I am pretty sure at this point Soldier Boy is gonna depower Homelander, Homelander somehow survives, and Soldier Boy will turn out to be far worse than Homelander and that takes us into season 4. But thats just a wild guess and the show is pretty good about upending the obvious plots, plus the "villains" so far have been 1 season villains (Shue, Stormfront). Although really the point of the show is everyone is a villain when given power.

• 2Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I do get a good laugh at soldier boy being completely oblivious to the havoc he creates, like when he walks up to butcher and asks what the hell happened here and butcher just shakes his head

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Homelander's loyal lackies are the self-serving Jogger who burned up his powers and The Derp, biggest moron on the show. It remains to be seen where Black Noir stands on loyalty, but considering he was running errands for Edgars last season I am guessing its not Homelander who he ultimately answers to. SB has a lot of vices and PTSD, but he does not have the megalomania that Homelander has.

And on that general topic, I think A-Train is the shittiest person on the show. He has been given multiple chances to redeem himself, but always reverts to selfish short term gratification behavior. People have given him second chances and he as always chosen to do the shitty thing. Even Blue Hawk tried to genuinely make amends before A Train encouraged a full on chimp out on him. Pretty much all the other flawed characters have solid reasons for how they ended up who they were (Homelander is a genetic creation, Butcher had an asshole father and lost his wife, Deep is basically retarded, ect), but A Hole Train specifically chose to be a piece of shit repeatedly.
Lol, Blue hawk didn't genuinely try to make amends. He was giving the same insincere forced apology that a-train gave in the first episode of the first season after he killed Robin. The parallel was very obvious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sure, but he showed up and was respectful. He didn't turn into an asshole until the chimpout started up. A-Train did not get sent into a hostile crowd in the same way.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The racist thinks the black is the worst on the show, news @ 11.
Hes a strong contender for #1.

Shit on his girlfriend
Murdered his girlfriend
Murdered random civilian
Laughed at the random civilian he murdered
Key figure in a nationwide criminal conspiracy that saw children being forcefully dosed with V
Betrayed multiple teammates
Uses "black culture" as a pr stunt

Probably a few more things in there.

Homelander can still fly and has laser eyes.
This is why superhero stuff falls apart under scrutiny. Why is a man who can fly like a rocket getting into fist fights? Just pick the dude up and fly into space. Theres no logical reason for him to fight butcher/soldierboy like he did.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warpath

The racist thinks the black is the worst on the show, news @ 11.

a-train has been a gigantic faggot since ep1, but we will let him know you mounted up and rode in his honor! who knows, maybe he'll zip over there and give you a quantum hand job. your going to need some industrial strength lithium grease or something though

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
I have met many thousands of people and worked in homes of hundreds to know them a bit better than a random hello in my life. Every race you can think of.
I can't think of a single person in my entire life that was not racist in some way and the more left they lean the more racist they tend to be.
Case in point for the fags, calling someone racist is racist in itself.
A-Train is probably the most racist of them all in the show. He is a shit person and I hope he is deaad.
The actor did an awesome job with him though.

• 1Picard
  • 1Cringe

Oldbased

> Than U
Hes a strong contender for #1.

Shit on his girlfriend
Murdered his girlfriend
Murdered random civilian
Laughed at the random civilian he murdered
Key figure in a nationwide criminal conspiracy that saw children being forcefully dosed with V
Betrayed multiple teammates
Uses "black culture" as a pr stunt

Probably a few more things in there.

This is why superhero stuff falls apart under scrutiny. Why is a man who can fly like a rocket getting into fist fights? Just pick the dude up and fly into space. Theres no logical reason for him to fight butcher/soldierboy like he did.
Or Hughie grabbing a hand and dropping someone into an active lava pool and phasing out before he also lands in it. Endless possibilities with powers.
I would actually suck a dick to be able to pop heads though. Goddamn I have a long list or pops.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Starlight's "i quit" statement is so cute. Homelander: I'll take a few days off in <starllight's hometown> with your parents.
A-jogger is no#1 racist, that's the point (reflecting real world situation).

• 2Like

Daidraco

yeah while Homelander and Soldier Boy may have similar body durability / strength, Homelander can still fly and has laser eyes. He probably couldn't be kept immobile for very long like they did in Russia to Soldier Boy. But Soldier Boy being able to depower any supe (maybe?) overrules that I think. The big mysteries still are what happened to soldier boy and how, how perma is Soldier Boys depower, and can what took out Soldier Boy also take out Homelander?

I am pretty sure at this point Soldier Boy is gonna depower Homelander, Homelander somehow survives, and Soldier Boy will turn out to be far worse than Homelander and that takes us into season 4. But thats just a wild guess and the show is pretty good about upending the obvious plots, plus the "villains" so far have been 1 season villains (Shue, Stormfront). Although really the point of the show is everyone is a villain when given power.
I think theyre putting a lot of focus on the PTSD of Soldier Boy and that he's not quite near his peak power level. Then to top it off - I think whatever was responsible for Soldier Boy's incarceration (drug, some material like Kryptonite, w/e) is purely in the realm of Edgar's knowledge. Just going out on a limb here, but I think Homelander knows Edgar can do the same to him. In this vein, Homelander knows about Soldier Boy and knows Soldier Boy can take his powers which is why he appears to be stressed out by the news of Soldier Boy's return.

Ya, but that wouldnt be very good entertainment. You would just see a zip of light in and out of the atmosphere and people disappearing. Would surely kill the opposition, but .. ya.. hehe

Also, A-Train and Deep are both some shitty comic relief in my book. Anything that involves them is just a parody of something irl. Worse than anything the other supes are.

Fadaar

That guy
Or Hughie grabbing a hand and dropping someone into an active lava pool and phasing out before he also lands in it. Endless possibilities with powers.
I would actually suck a dick to be able to pop heads though. Goddamn I have a long list or pops.

nah fuck that gimme a Death Note. the world will be a better place in a few hours assuming the murder gods can read my horrible hand writing.

• 3Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I have met many thousands of people and worked in homes of hundreds to know them a bit better than a random hello in my life. Every race you can think of.
I can't think of a single person in my entire life that was not racist in some way and the more left they lean the more racist they tend to be.
Case in point for the fags, calling someone racist is racist in itself.
A-Train is probably the most racist of them all in the show. He is a shit person and I hope he is deaad.
The actor did an awesome job with him though.

Okay grandpa it’s time for bed.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users