The Boys

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sure, but he showed up and was respectful. He didn't turn into an asshole until the chimpout started up. A-Train did not get sent into a hostile crowd in the same way.

He was in no way respectful.

He seemed annoyed to be there, read directly from a paper, any only apologized for being "perceived" as racist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They actually went full woke with the A train shit, as there was actually a case somewhere in the south in the 80s or 90s where a couple white guys beat up this black guy and tied him to the back of their truck and drove for miles at high speed, killing him.

So A train doing what he did is rooted more deeply in racism than it seems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Atrain is definitely an awful character. His redemption was probably too little too late, and isn't even a redemption apparently if you're some mong who think Blue Hawk was a hero. I don't know how he was "racist", but he was 100% exploitive of his own race. The "A train to Africa" and his suit and shit was pointing out all the black people who got up and left everyone behind, then tried to ride the woke wave back into favour when things went south. Talking to his brother you could tell he was just so removed from where he came from for so long nothing mattered to him. Even when Blue Hawk was throwing people around and shit he didn't stop him until he'd already fucked up a bunch of normies and even then was just like "Hey man, NOT okay! Please leave, sir!" instead of putting his brain into the cement like anyone else would have.

It's pretty funny because a few pages ago some retard said that this show would never show a black character with any flaws. I don't remember who it was, but I'll just assume they're like Chuk and they watch 3 minutes of the show and 94 minutes of YouTube recaps of the show from agenda having clickbaiters.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hard to even call it a redemption.

He did make a real apology to Hughie, but him killing Blue Falcon was just a personal beef for his brother getting paralyzed.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They actually went full woke with the A train shit, as there was actually a case somewhere in the south in the 80s or 90s where a couple white guys beat up this black guy and tied him to the back of their truck and drove for miles at high speed, killing him.

So A train doing what he did is rooted more deeply in racism than it seems.
Probably a reference to the Byrd incident down in Texas. But its happened as recent as last year, too. Poor taste imo, but this show isnt very high class to begin with lul.

• 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is no way A-Train is dead, that would be the stupidest fucking ending ever and shit writing. If this was a Disney show I would say A-Train dead for sure...

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We see them bagging someone at 7 seconds but I don’t recognize them so I am guessing it’s just Soldier Boys old team. We also see Homelander milking a cow and the AoC chick is also in a barn when she says “take control of the situation” so it looks like he is meeting with her.

Also get to see MM knock out his exes new man and Soldier Boy punching Hughie.

Daidraco

We see them bagging someone at 7 seconds but I don’t recognize them so I am guessing it’s just Soldier Boys old team. We also see Homelander milking a cow and the AoC chick is also in a barn when she says “take control of the situation” so it looks like he is meeting with her.

Damn, drop the military and go work for the CIA already.

All I really gathered from that trailer was that Maeve wasnt dead.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I figured Jensen Ackles would be good but I'm loving the small amount of of time we've got from him. Going to suck if he's one and done with since he could be great over more seasons. I feel they won't kill off Homelander because he's so popular.

Also Soldier Boy bitch slaps Hughie which I find better. The character has lots of potential to be hilarious since he's out of times Cap and is fucked up in the head. I think he finally realized the game has changed when he saw Butcher save his ass and then the lazer stare down.

I also figured Butcher would have whooped Homelanders ass in hand to hand since Homelander has never really had to fight before

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

Thanks asshole. You spoiled the whole episode

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I figured Jensen Ackles would be good but I'm loving the small amount of of time we've got from him. Going to suck if he's one and done with since he could be great over more seasons. I feel they won't kill off Homelander because he's so popular.

Also Soldier Boy bitch slaps Hughie which I find better. The character has lots of potential to be hilarious since he's out of times Cap and is fucked up in the head. I think he finally realized the game has changed when he saw Butcher save his ass and then the lazer stare down.

I also figured Butcher would have whooped Homelanders ass in hand to hand since Homelander has never really had to fight before
There is this huge audience of women that love the fuck out of Dean (Jensen) that they would be absolute dumb fucks to bring in the girlfriend/wife audience and then delete that shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Can't kill your Trump analogue before having your Jan 6th hearings analogue.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The racist thinks the black is the worst on the show, news @ 11.

1656464750584.png

1656464831925.png

1656464880007.png

I understand the character has more going on in the show but they race swapped a GIGANTIC piece of shit.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so a-train is obviously bringing up race stuff in ways that make him look pretty racist... but, i don't think he is. i think he's too self-centered to be racist. the same way that homelander is racist against humans, a-train is just... he'll do whatever he can to anyone to get what he wants. it turns out he's black, so he can use that to get some notoriety. it's not about race, despite his claims about blue hawk focusing too much on black neighborhoods. he just sees that if he defends black neighborhoods, his numbers from that crowd will go up. homelander is racist, a-train is just a pure narcissist.

and i think his "redemption" was somewhat genuine... being put in his place by ashley, and then confronted by hughie was perfect timing for him to have a genuine "i've been an asshole and now i know what it's like to be on the receiving end of it so i'm truly sorry for what hurt i caused you" but hughie's response just solidified for a-train that being vulnerable and apologizing doesn't work. it puts you in an uncomfortable position and people still hate you for it. (possibly some #metoo apologizing thoughttrain in there). so what COULD have been a redemption arc for a-train just turned into a pretty realistic response... minus the actual murder part...

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
so a-train is obviously bringing up race stuff in ways that make him look pretty racist... but, i don't think he is. i think he's too self-centered to be racist. the same way that homelander is racist against humans, a-train is just... he'll do whatever he can to anyone to get what he wants. it turns out he's black, so he can use that to get some notoriety. it's not about race, despite his claims about blue hawk focusing too much on black neighborhoods. he just sees that if he defends black neighborhoods, his numbers from that crowd will go up. homelander is racist, a-train is just a pure narcissist.

and i think his "redemption" was somewhat genuine... being put in his place by ashley, and then confronted by hughie was perfect timing for him to have a genuine "i've been an asshole and now i know what it's like to be on the receiving end of it so i'm truly sorry for what hurt i caused you" but hughie's response just solidified for a-train that being vulnerable and apologizing doesn't work. it puts you in an uncomfortable position and people still hate you for it. (possibly some #metoo apologizing thoughttrain in there). so what COULD have been a redemption arc for a-train just turned into a pretty realistic response... minus the actual murder part...

Agree with most of that except the Homelander being racist part.

Nothing has indicated at all that he's racist in the slightest. They even made a point to show him not approving of Stormfront whenever she'd talk about master race stuff

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agree with most of that except the Homelander being racist part.

Nothing has indicated at all that he's racist in the slightest. They even made a point to show him not approving of Stormfront whenever she'd talk about master race stuff
i pointed it out before, in the scene where he's talking to himself in the mirror where he calls humans "mud people." he's not racist as a white person, he's racist as a god. any non super hero he considers below him. i mean, he considers everyone below him, but regular humans are a step below. he's racist against the entire human race.

• 2Like