The Christmas Haul Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A 40 oz of Heineken, a shitty self-help book in Russian and $200 which I promptly spent at the bar in its entirety several hours later as soon as I broke free from my family.

My family sucks.

Rime

<Donor>
A Kindle Fire HD 16g, a set of Carhartt Coveralls, and enough cookies/fudge/brownies to give me diabeetus a dozen times over.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i called some chinese restaurants around and nothing was open today

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Blisters from putting this shit together...4 hours of pain last night, for 10 seconds of joy. (Don't look at that mess..)

QvFWbJh.jpg

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
My family always does its shit the day after major holidays. I never get anything on Christmas day anymore.
frown.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I finally got enough Hawaiian shirts so that I can replace my work wardrobe for a two week pay period with them. I know how much they annoy my boss.

I also bought myself an Nvidia Shield.

I bought the kids iPad Mini's and replaced them with socks in the box. One actually bought it, the other said she didn't buy it at all but I think she was totally disappointed.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
We had Xmas dinner on Sunday for our side of the family, since a lot of people were going to spend the actual day with in-laws. My sister and her husband treated us to a high quality steak house place, and although the food was expensive, it was amazing with huge proportions.

My family has mostly women who are into the holidays, so every year I end up with a lot of cookies and other treats. My mom gave us each this build-a-box thing filled with all sorts of exotic crackers, cookies, and other snacks. I got some homemade baked goods from the others. Few gift cards to top it off.

Pretty glad no one dropped any real cash on me and it was great to get a lot of homemade cookies and whatnot. Some of them tasted phenomenal.

Anything else I got for myself around Black Friday, like a PSVita and some games.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I told everyone not to buy anything for me as I would rather they spend it on the young kids, but alas that isn't how it worked out. Got some money, new sweatshirt, ton of nerd stuff for my new office, and a t shirt with the rustled jimmies gorilla on it that reads "shh no tears, only dreams now" from my brother (I bought him dark souls). Pretty glad it's over as I generally don't enjoy Christmas, but as a newly married couple we had to make our rounds.

Hope everyone has a good holiday.

Edit: forgot, my favorite thing I got was a soda stream. Been wanting one forever but never felt like dropping money on it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got cleaning supplies and a tree ornament. Yay? Actually I asked for the cleaning supplies so that's cool. A lot of family members' finances aren't great right now, so I'm really glad nobody went overboard. Fuck the commercialization of holidays.

I went and bought some movies/tv series on Amazon.com - that was my gift to myself.