The Christmas Haul Thread

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My best present was getting gifts for my kiddo. So much more rewarding than getting a bunch of crap that I can always go out and buy myself. That said, I still got a couple sweaters and a couple camping gadgets that I can put to good use. Was a good X-mas fo sho.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My wife got me a Nexus 7, 3DS(with Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter), and a Citizen Eco Drive watch. I made out pretty well.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Tassimo disks, a toque, a 6 pack of belgian beer and a gas mask. Im pretty amazed that everyone managed to buy something I'll actually use and they kept it reasonable money wise.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
a gas mask. Im pretty amazed that everyone managed to buy something I'll actually use.
What? Further explanation needed...

I got a bunch of new beer brewing equipment. An oxygenation system, some stainless steel dry-hoppers and a conical fermenter.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Xbox One (with CoD:Ghosts and Lego Marvel Super Heroes), couple of new PS3 games (GTA V, Arkham City GOTY Edition), some money, some clothes, Metalocalypse S2 DVD. Pretty good haul.

On an unrelated note, dealing with Christmas with mine and my wife's parents being divorced fucking SUCKS. Had to go to like, 4 different houses over the past few days and now I am exhausted.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Big ticket item was a PS4 along with AC4. In addition, also came out with Arkham Origins, a pile of new shirts and sweaters, and a cookbook. Not bad, all in all.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
A bottle of wine from my uncle that may have come from a gas station. Kind of a let down after last years Sam Adams sampler box but not every year can be a winner. $20 from my grandmother. Won't see my dad and step mom till after work today but hoping they actually listened and didnt get me anything this year rather than get another vaguely racist gift based on the fact that they still think I'm dating the asian girl from three years ago. Last year was a rice cooker. Stuff from my mom and her partner is in the mail and should get here by Friday. I visited them for a week and flew back out on the 19th, she actually mailed the packages the day after I left rather than give them to me then. Woman is out of her mind. Apparently it's a do it yourself Christmas Dinner and a gift that I'm hoping is socks. Down to four pair from last years haul, fucking things evaporate. Birthday is Friday and usually Christmas gets combines when it comes to gifts but aside from my cousin bringing it up during dinner it seems everyone other than my mom forgot this year. Hoping it stays that way since all I want is a quiet dinner alone at the same hibachi place I go every year I'm "home" for my birthday.

28 (in two days), single, with no kids. All I want for Christmas is for this shit to be over with and to maybe get some socks out of the ordeal.

Nothing.

But I gave a beef-flavored bone to my companion (my dog).

My presents will be given throughout the year. I don't expect to receive it all just on one day. That way I can concentrate why this particular day is celebrated.

Not many here are religious, and I understand that. I'm not religious either. I have a belief. Quite different.

Anyways, Merry Whatever you believe. I wish you all good health if nothing else. You are all part of this community. I hope you can keep it up for another year.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Glock 19 9mm from my ex/not ex/ex.

Nice jacket, some cooking stuff and $1500 cash from the parents.

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB and someslick PC speakersfrom a friend.

Totally unexpected: a truly badassed gift pack of snacks from a renter. Godiva chocolates, lots of tasty crackers, amazing teas. Stuff that I don't give two shits about, but it's the thought that counts, especially since she doesn't have lots of extra money to spread around.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Xbox One (with CoD:Ghosts and Lego Marvel Super Heroes), couple of new PS3 games (GTA V, Arkham City GOTY Edition), some money, some clothes, Metalocalypse S2 DVD. Pretty good haul.

On an unrelated note, dealing with Christmas with mine and my wife's parents being divorced fucking SUCKS. Had to go to like, 4 different houses over the past few days and now I am exhausted.
Same thing here. My parents are divorced. We had to go do gifts at our house, then go to her parents, then go to my dads, then go to her grandparents, then go to my mothers. All in all we were constantly moving from 8AM and didn't get home until 9PM. Great "day off"

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I work metal as a hobby. Between the fumes and the dust, a cartridge mask comes handy. The straps on my old one were pretty useless at this point.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Fabrication. I tried to make my own steel out of raw iron back in the day and to say that wasn't worth the trouble would be an understatement. Hardening, tempering and some shaping is as far a I go with the hot stuff.