The D&D thread

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Screenshot 2023-02-10 152417.jpg

Nostalgia. Though they didn't make a Presto figure, so fuck em.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I've been running Pathfinder's Abomination Vaults on Foundry. It's amazing. We're really enjoying the Pathfinder rule set, I don't see us going back to D&D.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What the fuck are these and where did you see them?

Action Figures from the D&D Animated Series (celebrating its 40th anniversary and made to merch the fuck out of the upcoming movie). That pic is from Target. They were out of the Hank and Diana figures. I'm guessing they will do Shiela, Eric and Presto as part of a second wave at some point.

(I was sorely tempted to get Dungeon Master and Venger)

Note that each figure comes with a die as well. Hundreds Percentile and a d20 for Venger and Dungeon Master, Bobby and Uni get a d12, Hank gets a d8, Diana also gets a d20 for some reason. I figure if they make a Presto he should get a d4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been running Pathfinder's Abomination Vaults on Foundry. It's amazing. We're really enjoying the Pathfinder rule set, I don't see us going back to D&D.

PF2 or PF1?

Edit: Never mind looks like it is only available on PF2

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Action Figures from the D&D Animated Series (celebrating its 40th anniversary and made to merch the fuck out of the upcoming movie). That pic is from Target. They were out of the Hank and Diana figures. I'm guessing they will do Shiela, Eric and Presto as part of a second wave at some point.

(I was sorely tempted to get Dungeon Master and Venger)

Note that each figure comes with a die as well. Hundreds Percentile and a d20 for Venger and Dungeon Master, Bobby and Uni get a d12, Hank gets a d8, Diana also gets a d20 for some reason. I figure if they make a Presto he should get a d4.
Got them all. Thanks dude. I'll look for the second wave. Was a huge fan of this growing up.

• 4Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm waiting to buy the 5e hardback version when Paizo releases it in a few months, but I've read it's almost entirely focused on combat.

Is that true in your experience?

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Got them all. Thanks dude. I'll look for the second wave. Was a huge fan of this growing up.
I'd like some pics of the figures for kicks. I dunno what the fuck i'd use them for, but that cartoon was definitely my era.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Group had a good laugh last night.

Party member searches the room, roll 1 on Investigation.
"This is important, everybody rolls"
Every single one of us also roll 1 on Investigation. 5 people total.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Group had a good laugh last night.

Party member searches the room, roll 1 on Investigation.
"This is important, everybody rolls"
Every single one of us also roll 1 on Investigation. 5 people total.
Those are the types of moments that make table top role playing so amazing. I have very strong memories of sessions where just insanely goofy things ended up happening. My group has been friends for over 25 years, and sporadically conversations will pop up about those types of moments.

"Hey do you remember that time so and so rolled a critical failure and the dragon ate us" type shit. It really is a hell of a lot of fun.

I've been trying to coerce our group to get back together, but everybody's so damn busy with shit nowadays, and it's tough to find the time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I'm waiting to buy the 5e hardback version when Paizo releases it in a few months, but I've read it's almost entirely focused on combat.

Is that true in your experience?
We're only a few sessions in and it seems pretty combat focused. However, there are opportunities to interact with NPCs instead of just fighting at every level of the dungeon.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Abomination Vaults was written to be a traditional dungeon crawl, so it's mostly going to be focused on combat and skill challenges relevant to dungeons. If you're looking for a more balanced campaign, I would recommend Kingmaker (sandbox-ish campaign where the PCs colonize wilderness and establish their own kingdom) or Strength of Thousands (Hogwarts in Africa) for full-length campaigns, or if you want to do something shorter, Gatewalkers (dark magic and eldritch interdimensional entities).

I would recommend avoiding Age of Ashes, Extinction Curse, and Agents of Edgewatch. They were written pretty early in the system and are very difficult due to Paizo not having great mechanics QA for the new system at the time those were being written. But if you have an experienced GM who knows how to rebalance encounters, you could look into those.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Screenshot_20230219-081952_3.png

The rest of them come in August it would seem. Presto does indeed come with a d4. Shiela, like the basic bitch she is, comes with a d6

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
She was the rogue character right? Makes sense for the game at that time for her to have a D6?

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah she was. Well technically 'Thief' is what he calls her in the intro.

• 1Like