The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

They are good without him. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and missed the playoffs because they lost the tiebreaker to Miami, who was also 11-5.

Edit: Personally I think it's a lot more Belichick than Brady.
they went 11-5 with matt cassle QBing a team that had just went 18-1 and lost by 3 pts in the 4th quarter of the superbowl. also:

rrr_img_97762.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Well for not being a Pats fan you sure do a good retarded Pats fan impression.
What's your favorite team, because I'm pretty sure I think Goodell and/or the league has done something idiotic regarding them... so then we can be fan-buddies together and claim everyone else is a retard!

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
In all seriousness, what was the actual rule that was broken supposedly by Tom Brady? Is there an actual rule dealing with the p.s.i. of the football or is it more of a standard? Is there actual science that proves some unfair advantage the Patriots had? So far I've seen nothing reported by any news outlet covering this story the actual "rules violation" if there is one.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There's a PSI regulated range, so yeah, a rule was broken, or just a regulation, if there's a difference. My guess is there is a difference, or at least in how much the NFL cared until this whole thing went down. For instance, they seem really intent on monitoring player uniforms and will fine people for the dumbest shit, but the PSI of a football they just sorta leave to a gentleman's agreement and gamesmanship to handle it and only give a token check of the footballs and don't really maintain much control over them. How easy would it be to have the QB approve the ball, then the refs or a league official keeps control of them the next few hours until game time?

I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS A STING OR CONSPIRACY!!! Just dumb the league is blowing up this story to investigation levels when all they had to do was not be dumb fucks and actually make a minor change to how balls are handled if they really cared that much.

The impact is probably not nearly as much as people make like it is, but I'm sure there is some. I've not heard a single QB current or retired really say it makes a huge difference unless the ball is way out of specs, which is partly why the new rule/reg was put into place, because QBs would get to an away field and the ball would be solid as a rock. In games/quarters we know for absolute certain the balls were monitored and within regulation he played pretty well. Early on there were hilarious skits on ESPN where they took pros and tried to see if they could tell the difference to varying success. Maybe they fumbled less, though I attribute that more to the Pats really, really hating fumbles enough they seem to actually work on it and bench dudes who fumble. It's a culture, thing, and maybe it helps, but while they may have deflated balls to help Brady, they sure as shit didn't do it to help their running game, so if that happened it was just a nice side effect.

The funny thing is Peyton Manning lobbied with Brady to let visiting teams provide their own footballs, and I think somewhere has gone on the record saying he likes them soft, and one of the things some QBs have talked about is under-inflated balls make it harder to throw a spiral, which is maybe why Manning looks like he's tossing decoys for duck hunting half the time?

This is all dumb. All of it. It would be like a team complaining an opposing pitcher is cheating, MLB investigating, and suddenly saying they had no clue pitchers were doctoring balls and using various substances, and that the bits of pine tar and spit were all providing them an advantage, and then opposing fans talking about that pitcher being a cheater and that he should be banned for life.

It's still all Brady and the Patriot's fault though, of course, from the beginning he should have just said that it's no secret he likes his balls on the lower end of the spectrum and the Pats were going to investigate to make sure nobody took that known fact and tried to do something they shouldn't have and that he's sorry if anyone inadvertently did anything on his behalf without his expressed wishes, yadda yadda. And insist they start checking Brady's balls every quarter, knowing the Pats were still going to kill the Colts and anyone else.

Instead, the pretty boy and the team that is like Pop and the Spurs who flex their competitive middle finger at their respective leagues anytime they're challenged, basically said fuck you to the NFL, and now the NFL is doing whatever they can to save face and prove you can't go against the Shield.

And meanwhile, you now have seething retards on both sides of the fence claiming it was either a sting/conspiracy or claiming it was a coverup, when in reality it was just a lot of posturing and dick wagging and somewhere in the middle of the fuck-you-retards is what's actually going on: not much.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Bob is a dreaded Eagles fan.
Oh, hrm, they didn't suspend that dumb fuck racist, and the league doesn't care their team is juicing, so I got nothing to sympathize with.

Hey, good idea, though. They didn't suspend Riley Cooper because the team had already punished him and the League doesn't punish twice.

Pats should have just said when they found out the balls were under inflated they took swift and just punishment and fined several staff and Brady. Problem solved from the league standpoint, or did the NFL go back on that 'we don't punish twice for the same offense' bullshit?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh man the butthurt is going to be even more enjoyable once they announce the suspension!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Holy fuck Popsicle condense your god damn thoughts..

You're not writing a book.
Hey, thanks for caring!

My feels won't be hurt if you choose to skip my posts or even put me on ignore. But posting just to say you don't like having to read things you don't have to read is kind of pointless, aint it?

And if you do choose to ignore my posts (officially or just on your own) please do post to let everyone know, because it's really important and people really do care I'm sure.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
What's your favorite team, because I'm pretty sure I think Goodell and/or the league has done something idiotic regarding them... so then we can be fan-buddies together and claim everyone else is a retard!
Lifelong Jags fan, checking in.

fowler_phone_pic_s.jpg

Oh man the butthurt is going to be even more enjoyable once they announce the suspension!
Patriots' cheating is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guys, remember the sports outlets (in Boston only) who claimed the Colts deflated the intercepted ball?

Great times.

Fuck Tom,

Xevy

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The "EVERYONE DOES IT LOL" defense is mocked because there's absolutely no evidence that anyone else is doing it.
Based on the wording of the report, they don't have evidence the Pats did it either lol

Column_sl

shitlord
Hey, thanks for caring!

My feels won't be hurt if you choose to skip my posts or even put me on ignore. But posting just to say you don't like having to read things you don't have to read is kind of pointless, aint it?

And if you do choose to ignore my posts (officially or just on your own) please do post to let everyone know, because it's really important and people really do care I'm sure.
Everyone is ignoring that article that you are writing on every page of this thread. Learn to Forum bro

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am sure there are tons of people in the NFL offices who are just loving Deflategate because it has kept people talking about football long through the non-football season. Why did the investigation take so long? Well, release the report in the quiet time after the draft and before the start of season activities, keep the NFL square in everyone's mind year round.

Any publicity is good publicity, and all that. Especially when it involves breaking a relatively obscure game rule, and not one of your poster children raping a chick or spanking a kid so hard his balls bleed.

Column_sl

shitlord
Maybe sports writers like that shit, I can guarantee the NFL isn't happy about any of this especially since it's negative, and involves their Golden boy.

I can guaranteethe NFL isn't happy about any of thisespecially since it's negative, and involves their Golden boy.
you couldn't possibly be more incorrect. anything that puts the NFL on your tongue between the conclusion of the superbowl and the first game of the next season is positive for the brand.