The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucks sake...Who the fuck won the gold medal in the down hill whateverthefuck in skiing in 2000 whatever. Who gives a fuck. I can't even tell you who was on the last "Dream Team" in USA basketball. Cause it's the fuckin Olympics. But I can tell you who won the last 10 NBA, NFL and NHL championships. (Ok...not the NHL)

BUT you could rattle off the last 5 1st draft picks in the NFL if you tried. You DO live here right?

As for PED. Stop. Here in Boston David Ortiz was busted...People defended this dude to no end. Because he is a "good guy" and helped Boston win multiple championships. Every teams fan base forgives their players and makes excuses for said player for their transgressions.
Yeah it's no secret that the people in Boston are scumbags and will make any sort of excuse for a successful player in one of their favorite franchises. That's why numerous outlets have reported Boston fans as the most intolerable in any sport. Even shit with Josh Gordon people were calling him a fucking moron for something as trivial as smoking weed.

Just because you're uninterested in the Olympics doesn't mean people don't give a shit about them. Can you tell me who won the last 5 world cups? OH WOW I GUESS NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THAT SOCCER GAME THEN! Also Skiing is Winter Olympics, Marion Jones performed in the Summer Olympics.

Column_sl

shitlord
5QC9w3F.gif

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice deflection, next you're going to start telling me everyone that's fans of their teams don't know the stadium's name!

I dont think Black people like the Olympics ;}
Well we added basketball and running for them. Those are the things they're really good at.

Hah. Nice try ninja editing. Your shame persists.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nice deflection, next you're going to start telling me everyone that's fans of their teams don't know the stadium's name!

Well we added basketball and running for them. Those are the things they're really good at.

Hah. Nice try ninja editing. Your shame persists.
Dude...don't quote him.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not to derail this salt tossing war, but I really hate the constant stadium name changing that goes on. Makes me really appreciate Lambeau Field for being the same place for decades. Even though I am not fans of those teams, I really didn't like it when Candlestick and Mile High had their names changed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm glad Mike Brown will never sell the Bengals so Paul Brown Stadium will probably never change its name.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Vacate Saints and Patriots championships. Replay Super Bowl XLIV. Vikings vs Colts.

Edit: Did the Colts deflate balls too or was that bullshit? If so, Vikings champions that year, imo.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some nice info a Bills fan dug up about fumbling statistics since the Patriots started deflating balls after the refs approved them.

Benjarvis Green Ellis 57 games with the Patriots 0 fumbles. 31 games with Cincy 5 fumbles. Must be the coaching
Laurence Maroney 2007-2009 3 seasons 400+ carries 3 total fumbles. 2010 with Denver 36 carries 1 fumble. So with NE he fumbles 1 in every 133 touches but in Denver 1 in 36. Must be the altitude.
Danny Woodhead 200+ carries with NE 1 fumble. With SD 121 carries 1 fumble. 1:100 with NE to 1:60 with SD both high but almost 50% better in NE. Probably all that nice weather took away from his focus
Sammy Morris 370 attempts 8 fumbles. With NE 333 attempts 4 fumbles
Blount 65 attempts in Pitt 1 fumble, 60 attempts in NE 0 fumbles last year also 1:36 with Tampa and 1:70 with NE
Heath Evans 34 carries 2 fumbles. With NE from 2007 and 2008 45 carries 0 fumbles
Kevin Faulk even prior to 2007 1 in every 55 attempts. 2007-2011 230 attempts 0 fumbles.
Shane Vereen 1 fumble in 216 attempts. We will see what happens to him in a Giants uniform this year.
Stevan Ridley 8 in 649 attempts. That almost 1:81, I bet it'll be more than that for the Jets this year
No impact doe.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if i remember correctly green-ellis never fumbled in college....so were those balls underinflated too?

and there were more fumbles than that, just they RECOVERED them ,so no fumble perse...

woodhead's stats...he fumbled once for SD..fumbled once for NE...he just carried the ball less for SD..so that one is a wash- in my opinion.

bill stresses ball security with the Running backs. you fumble, YOU DO NOT PLAY...so they are all aware of that. in my opinion it has zero to do with the ball being on the low side of legally inflated or not. it is... if i fumble the ball i don't play. i don't play, i might get cut due to someone ELSE not fumbling the ball, i get cut i don't get paid so i better not fumble the damn ball and keep my job.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are those LOST fumbles or just fumbles? I remember Faulk fumbling once and that being a HUGE deal during the broadcast...because like you pointed out dudes here don't fumble. (Because our coaching is top notch!)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why does the first one account for only games?
36 carries is not a measuring stick.
Negligible.
Okay.
Again, not enough attempts for me to give a shit.
A fullback?
Faulk barely touched the ball in his later years. And it was mostly in the passing game, not in the running game, which does make a difference.
Future.
Future.

So one out of all of those raises my eyebrow.

Also, is this total fumbles? Or fumbles lost? I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You are some dumb mother fuckers if you think for half a second that players don't fumble because OH LAWDY COACH GUN PUNISH ME IF I DROP DA BALL.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You are some dumb mother fuckers if you think for half a second that players don't fumble because OH LAWDY COACH GUN PUNISH ME IF I DROP DA BALL.
But what's your side of the argument? That the general collective of small sample size and non objectively framed statistics proves that slightly under inflated footballs make a massive impact on fumble numbers?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Worse case scenario:

38 year old Brady takes first 4 games off, giving him a bit of a shorter season. Garappollo, a second round pick with a 2 full years being an understudy and all of the off season and preseason to prepare, goes 3-1. The cries from fans around the league with shitty quarterbacks demanding their team trade for Jimmy G grow deafening. Belichick gets all his draft picks + some in trade.