The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The Patriots supposed deflating of footballs is definitely more on par with paying players large sums of money to try killing people than it is to things like stickem towels or heating balls on the sideline etc. Definitely.

That's like saying you have 2 different people who steal $10 of candy from the same 7 -11 on two seperate days. One guy gets 6 months in jail, the other gets a $25 fine. The guy who got 6 months jail time didn't get fucked tho, cause that guy who killed someone the other day got life in prison!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know meth keeps you from remembering what happened two seconds ago, but its been stated multiple times that they are getting nailed hard for being repeat offenders and cock blocking the investigation.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Patriots supposed deflating of footballs is definitely more on par with paying players large sums of money to try killing people than it is to things like stickem towels or heating balls on the sideline etc. Definitely.

That's like saying you have 2 different people who steal $10 of candy from the same 7 -11 on two seperate days. One guy gets 6 months in jail, the other gets a $25 fine. The guy who got 6 months jail time didn't get fucked tho, cause that guy who killed someone the other day got life in prison!
Hate to break it to you, but stop watching football then because you have a bunch of roided up animals trying to kill each other every sunday. And unlike some players and the entire Detroit organization, saint's players were not intentionally injuring players after a play. The saints were the second least penalized team in the nfl during the time bounty gate took place. I can't remember for sure which team it was, it may have been the giants, but the year the bountygate punishment was handed down they had their head coach on record telling players to target another player's injury. If the league was so worried about player safety you would think they would have fined the team/coach, but nope, it made the headlines and was quickly forgotten.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

It's actually more like saying zomg the guy who got 6 months in jail got the longest penalty ever handed down in american justice. Nevermind the murderers serving 20 life sentences. The second shoplifter was my cousin so HE GOT THE LONGEST PRISON SENTENCE IN RECORDED HISTORY.

I mean, if you're trying to make some sort of point about the current discussion and care at all about accuracy, that's how you should frame your analogy. If not, then nevermind.

Column_sl

shitlord
And unlike some players and the entire Detroit organization, saint's players were not intentionally injuring players after a play.
Saint's were fucking stupid, the league repeatedly warned them to stop what they were doing in a year where they were trying to clean up the NFL.

So what did they do? Kept doing it, and were dumb enough to get caught.

They were made an example of, stop trying to justify those retards.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I dunno about you, but I would try to hurt an already injured QB to have a shot at winning a SB. You let me get through the line, I am looking to hurt your QB. Your line's fault for letting me get through. Maybe we might get some more interesting football this way and people might want to actually block instead of being a 6 foot 7 260 pound bitch (looking at you Jimmy Graham). Wouldn't matter if you deflated footballs then cause you would be more worried about getting hurt.

Column_sl

shitlord
I dunno about you, but I would try to hurt an already injured QB to have a shot at winning a SB. You let me get through the line, I am looking to hurt your QB. Your line's fault for letting me get through. Maybe we might get some more interesting football this way and people might want to actually block instead of being a 6 foot 7 260 pound bitch (looking at you Jimmy Graham). Wouldn't matter if you deflated footballs then cause you would be more worried about getting hurt.
Are you brain dead? there is a huge difference in playing a sport where people as a side product have the chance to get hurt to paying out a bounty to a group of people to purposely injure someone. It's not fucking cage fighting you dipshit.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saint's were fucking stupid, the league repeatedly warned them to stop what they were doing in a year where they were trying to clean up the NFL.

So what did they do? Kept doing it, and were dumb enough to get caught.

They were made an example of, stop trying to justify those retards.
No justification, they rightly got what they deserve for the cover up. I just laugh whenever someone says omg! they were trying to hurt each other, worst thing ever! What exactly do those ppl think goes on any given football sunday?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I know meth keeps you from remembering what happened two seconds ago, but its been stated multiple times that they are getting nailed hard for being repeat offenders and cock blocking the investigation.
As far as I recall even the bullshit investigation itself said Brady and the Pats were very cooperative.

People keep running with the notion they hindered the investigation because they wouldn't allow, what was it, a 4th or 5th interview because the investigators couldn't get it right the first several times? And because Brady didn't hand over his personal cell phone or records of all his texts when he makes a pretty valid point that they already had the texts from others involved in the incident, that didn't uncover any hard evidence, and it's not like there would be some sort of one-way text to the offenders that would only show up on Brady's phone.

Basically, sounds like the bullshit investigation was as bullshit as it has been for several other NFL investigations, and the Pats were cooperating, then finally said enough because how many times does that joker Wells have to interview the same guys, and why do they need Brady's texts with those they're interviewing when they already had their records.

You may or may not think Brady is guilty, but grasping to the straws that there is some wide-spread Deflategate coverup is idiotic.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude, you really think that was the entirety of the saints punishment? Peyton being gone for 1 year was one of the lighter aspects of it. One coach was lifetime banned, 2 others were banned for part of the year, and they had 2 picks taken away too. The only reason they lost 2 seconds instead of a first and a second is that the first round pick had already been traded to the cheatriots. Then 4 players were suspended (for 16, 8, 4, and 3 games each). The only way this punishment was more severe than bountygate is that it was a $1 mil fine for the cheatriots and only a $500k fine for the saints.
One coachwaslifetime banned. If a lifetime is about 11 months. Williams was suspended in March 2012, and the suspension lifted in February 2013. He's coaching for the Rams right now.

The NFL is a clusterfuck under Goodell.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
The texts from bardy's phone probably would have led them to other people involved in the cheating. But make no mistake about it, what they got is damning enough to warrant the punishment that was meted out.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
One coachwaslifetime banned. If a lifetime is about 11 months. Williams was suspended in March 2012, and the suspension lifted in February 2013. He's coaching for the Rams right now.

The NFL is a clusterfuck under Goodell.
Oh yeah, I guess it was technically 'indefinite', not lifetime. I'm surprised they let him back in so quick though.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No justification, they rightly got what they deserve for the cover up. I just laugh whenever someone says omg! they were trying to hurt each other, worst thing ever! What exactly do those ppl think goes on any given football sunday?
Cmon, you know there's a difference between playing hard and trying to hurt other players in game versus coaching or motivating players out of game to injure other players.

Agreed the issue with Bountygate was that the Saints thumbed their noses at the league and made it into headlines as a national story. If a story gets traction in the media it's time for the NFL to step in and pretend they aren't just some drunk, reactionary, absentee father.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
As far as I recall even the bullshit investigation itself said Brady and the Pats were very cooperative.

People keep running with the notion they hindered the investigation because they wouldn't allow, what was it, a 4th or 5th interview because the investigators couldn't get it right the first several times? And because Brady didn't hand over his personal cell phone or records of all his texts when he makes a pretty valid point that they already had the texts from others involved in the incident, that didn't uncover any hard evidence, and it's not like there would be some sort of one-way text to the offenders that would only show up on Brady's phone.

Basically, sounds like the bullshit investigation was as bullshit as it has been for several other NFL investigations, and the Pats were cooperating, then finally said enough because how many times does that joker Wells have to interview the same guys, and why do they need Brady's texts with those they're interviewing when they already had their records.

You may or may not think Brady is guilty, but grasping to the straws that there is some wide-spread Deflategate coverup is idiotic.
BUT BRADY IS APPEALING HIS SUSPENSION. GOODELL NEEDS TO GIVE THAT FUCKING CHEATER A LIFETIME BAN AND MAYBE KILL HIS WIFE JUST TO PROVE THAT THIS KIND OF SHIT WON'T BE TOLERATED.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The texts from bardy's phone probably would have led them to other people involved in the cheating. But make no mistake about it, what they got is damning enough to warrant the punishment that was meted out.
Yeah, he was definitely texting his wife about how he sured hoped they got those balls cheated up properly since he can't win without balls all cheated.

Who the fuck do you think he was texting and what do you think was said? For the amount of retards pretending the Pats are career cheaters who have just barely ever been caught, you sure don't give them enough credit for getting away with cheating.

Can't have it both ways. Are they mastermind cheaters causing every win to be an asterisk, or are they bumbling fools that you think would be openly texting to secret sources about their rampant cheating?

The conundrum in the NFL right now is any evidence that Goodell deems enough can be used for him to do whatever he wants. So, the result of a punishment in the NFL doesn't really say shit about the evidence or crime at this point, or whether it was warranted. NFL be a joke, yo.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, he was definitely texting his wife about how he sured hoped they got those balls cheated up properly since he can't win without balls all cheated.
Yes, that's exactly what they were looking for.

Do Patriots fans just constantly play dumb, or are they really this stupid?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
BUT BRADY IS APPEALING HIS SUSPENSION. GOODELL NEEDS TO GIVE THAT FUCKING CHEATER A LIFETIME BAN AND MAYBE KILL HIS WIFE JUST TO PROVE THAT THIS KIND OF SHIT WON'T BE TOLERATED.
Whoa whoa whoa, no one needs to kill the (arguably) hottest woman in the world. They just need to release her nudes and sex tapes.

Who the fuck do you think he was texting and what do you think was said?
Probably had some texts from kraft ranting about American Inventors that would have cost him his franchise.

Yes, that's exactly what they were looking for.

Do Patriots fans just constantly play dumb, or are they really this stupid?
You ever been to boston? It's not an act.