The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those silly Patriots*

rrr_img_104870.jpg

rrr_img_104871.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
It is a moral imperative to educate future football fans of the scumbaggery of the New England Patriots* and especially cheating ways of Tom Brady*. We all know without cheating that Brady* is basically just Curtis Painter with a hot wife.

Column_sl

shitlord
It is a moral imperative to educate future football fans of the scumbaggery of the New England Patriots* and especially cheating ways of Tom Brady*. We all know without cheating that Brady* is basically just Curtis Painter with a hot wife.
You missed an asterix, fftfy

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
how did he not cooperate? He didnt allow his private employer to violate US labor law in asking for his private non-company cellphone. Oh right after he did 7-8 hours of interviews over multiple days.

note after a precedent was set by the NFL offices of fining an employee (Brett Favre) $50,000 for not doing literally the same thing.
Please show me where they ever asked Brady* to ever hand over his cell phone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
They asked for emails and texts IIRC not specifically to hand over the phone. I also think they gave them the opportunity to provide the information on their own, as in not an actual screen shot but written account of the texts and that was refused.

Anyway, if this goes to court, all that stuff is going to come out regardless once the subpoenas hit. The big question is who has more to lose from that, the NFL or Brady. We'll find out soon enough when the suspension information comes back and we see if Brady goes to federal court or not to stop it. Then again the NFL might blink and just give him a fine.

Either way, a lot of bull shit over nothing. Personally I hope the NFL ends up with enough egg on their face that Goodell gets canned.

A federal court is not going to be reviewing any evidence or information regarding ball deflation. They're going to determine if labor law was violated and whether they (the court) want to intervene in a contractually signed penalty (the CBA gave Gooddell authority to punish as he sees fit). The thing, the NFL cannot punish Brady for non-cooperation for not providing his private cell phone/records.

I don't see how the NFL wins. This is no longer about deflating footballs.

Brett Favre also could have sued & won for his punishment. They cannot punish their employees for not providing their private cell phone records.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A federal court is not going to be reviewing any evidence or information regarding ball deflation. They're going to determine if labor law was violated and whether they (the court) want to intervene in a contractually signed penalty (the CBA gave Gooddell authority to punish as he sees fit). The thing, the NFL cannot punish Brady for non-cooperation for not providing his private cell phone/records.

I don't see how the NFL wins. This is no longer about deflating footballs.

Brett Favre also could have sued & won for his punishment. They cannot punish their employees for not providing their private cell phone records.
You are underestimating how much power the NFLPA gave Goodell.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's also not necessary to destroy the content of the texts. Once you delete a conversation, the only copy left is with the NSA. Or possibly on the other person's phone if they didn't delete too.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Steven A says Brady destroyed his cell phone

something tells me Tom Brady has an IQ over 35, therefore understands that destroying his hardware doesn't destroy records of his calls/texts.
Actual message content is long gone the carriers don't keep that. Verizon keeps it for a few days and the others don't keep it at all. Might be possible to reconstruct it from the storage on the devices it was sent to but I'm sure that was taken care of.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
how freaking sad.

now comes the court case.

first thing that will happen is an motion to suspend the suspension until such time as the case is resolved in court.
then in 6-9 month or so, the case will actually be resolved...

so i expect brady will play this entire season due to him going to court.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
If brady did nothing beyond normal game day prep and ordering 12.5psi, he should go all the way fighting this.

the thing is, we don't know, we can look at the report, and going by the report, they cannot PROVE that the patriots actually DID anything to the balls, the report says they might have, not that they did.

and punishing brady with such information- with no definitive proof that he actually did do something = pedal to the metal fight.

They are saying Brady testified during his appeal that he had his assistant destroy his cell phone in March. Brady testified he has always done that when he gets a new cellphone.