The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Tom Brady is motivated by _______.

If anyone knows Tom Brady, you would will in the blank here withanger

I think it'll be a really good season if he plays those 4 games with the injunction. Hopefully they make the playoffs with no injunction and him serving 4.

Anyone want to talk about how Brady will be throwing to 2x 6'7 tight ends in the red zone now, with the best slot receiver in the league underneath? Chandler/Gronk/Edelman

rrr_img_105124.jpg

sorry about the double pic. guess you cant delete attachments.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think there was a way to retrieve the actual content of texts once you delete them off your phone. So I'm not getting the point of destroying the phone. I'm not usually one who believes in coincidences and there are just way to many coincidences in this case. He destroys his phone and it just happens to be on the day he meets with investigators? That's not a coincidence, that's trolling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think there was a way to retrieve the actual content of texts once you delete them off your phone. So I'm not getting the point of destroying the phone. I'm not usually one who believes in coincidences and there are just way to many coincidences in this case. He destroys his phone and it just happens to be on the day he meets with investigators? That's not a coincidence, that's trolling.
He is claiming he destroyed the phone after his attorneys made it clear to Wells that his phone would not be provided to them under any circumstance.

He is also claiming is provided records of people he texted with to them since the text content itself was irretrievable.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is pretty obvious by this point in time that Tom* paid the deflator in via-text nudes of Jizzelle

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
He is claiming he destroyed the phone after his attorneys made it clear to Wells that his phone would not be provided to them under any circumstance.

He is also claiming is provided records of people he texted with to them since the text content itself was irretrievable.
Take it for what it's worth, but Brady did not want to world to know he destroyed his phone.

Tom Bradys Deflategate Suspension Upheld: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction | Bleacher Report

Judy Battista of NFL.com said the sides were closing in on a one-game suspension settlement, but it was derailed because Brady wanted the records sealed and the NFL wouldn't budge, via Rapoport. NFLPA assistant executive director George Attalah said any report suggesting the sides were nearing a settlement is "rubbish."

Well look how the context has been spun, can you blame him? His attorneys made it clear they were not getting the phone, then brady destroyed it. Yet up until Brady told us that via Facebook, we were led to believe he destroyed it before he met with Wells.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well look how the context has been spun, can you blame him? His attorneys made it clear they were not getting the phone, then brady destroyed it. Yet up until Brady told us that via Facebook, we were led to believe he destroyed it before he met with Wells.
That would be believable ifIFBrady* wasn't such a lying sack of shit

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The seven emotional stages of grief are usually understood to be shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope. Symptoms of grief can be emotional, physical, social, or religious in nature.
Hurry up and get past stage 2 so we can feast upon all stages of your grief.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Again, it's shady as shit. It's not the crime, it's the cover up. You can argue the bullshit all day long if you want (and I do agree there's some BS on both sides) but the cell phone thing is what ultimately did him in. Not only the timing, but the withholding of that information and the blatant lying in regards to this supposed normal behavior.

Edit: And if the NFL can offer reasonable evidence of a cover up by Brady, it's possible a judge wouldn't provide an injunction.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm by no means a Brady defender or Patriots fan, but as a super high profile athlete if I was asked to turn my phone over it's going to be a resounding hell no unless there's a warrant attached to that order.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is it relevant to whom and when he mentions it? He testified to it truthfully during the appeal process.
I have to believe Brady (or his lawyers) are not idiots. They had to have understood that this case had a strong possibility that it would wind up in federal court and that the phone may possibly be relevant in that proceeding. This has nothing to do with what is relevant or not anymore, it's about perception. Tom Brady actually gives a shit about perception (why he wanted the records sealed). But yet everything he has done has hurt that perception. He chooses not to let the NFL see his phone. Fine, but that will give the perception you are not cooperating. Then on top of that, he goes out of his way to get rid of phone. Bad perception. Then says he always destroys phones when he's done with them yet it's proven he has an old phone that he didn't destroy.

What was Brady's biggest mistake?

A: There was more than one. There is little doubt that Brady blundered when he refused to cooperate with the Wells investigators by turning over his phone and his text messages. He made it even worse when he destroyed the phone. And then, incredibly, after he had destroyed the phone, he and his lawyers suggested to Goodell that Brady routinely destroyed his old phones when he purchased a new one. The problem was that the Wells investigators had already found an old phone that Brady had not destroyed.

Someone should ask Brady if all this is worth the 25,000 fine he would of gotten if he just played dumb and apologized the week before the super bowl.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm by no means a Brady defender or Patriots fan, but as a super high profile athlete if I was asked to turn my phone over it's going to be a resounding hell no unless there's a warrant attached to that order.
Sure, but say no, the destroying of the phone is shady as hell to anyone not rooting for the Pats*. And he probably will be able to get the Court records sealed, but it will all come to light eventually. He's counting on being retired and enshrined* by then. In the meantime, double down on the denials and try to avoid the suspension by tying the whole thing up in the legal process. What an American hero, when caught lie your ass off and manipulate technicalities ad nauseam. A mirror on our entire culture and a microcosm of how the Pats* organization operates! It wasn't cheating, just creative interpretations of the rules that helped us win!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Only teams can put players on the commissioners exemption list. Goodell has no right to Brady's phone, injunction shouldn't be as hard as Foggy says.
You need to read up a little more on the commissioner's exempt list. It's called the "commissioner's" list because the commissioner has sole authority over who goes on it. It does look like the player has the option of agreeing to do it so it can be officially called a "voluntary leave of absence", but I don't see in the actual rule where that's required. Once he's exempt, the pats have the option of paying him or not.