The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
cheater says what?
Something like this.

tom-brady-deflategate-700x400.jpg

So the cowboys didnt cheat by going over the cap mandated by the NFL? Got it.

The 49ers dynasty isn't tainted by the best player of all time admitting he cheated his entire career?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Azeth's asterisk cracks me up every time I see it. Just like his excuses for the only team ever caught in two cheating scandals within a decade. Hell, Belicheat admitted that he had taken signals since he got the job. Not since he started coaching but since he started coaching the Pats. Wonder if that helped any? What is the stat line again for the cheaters Azeth?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the cowboys didnt cheat by going over the cap mandated by the NFL? Got it.

The 49ers dynasty isn't tainted by the best player of all time admitting he cheated his entire career?
Those Cowboys aren't the teams in the dynasty discussion.

And seriously, you're going to compare the consensus greatest overall NFL player ever...to an organizational culture of rule breaking and twisting that has been documented more than once now? I think Madden used to say "one time is luck, two times is a coincidence, the third time is evidence".

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Just an opinion I heard it brought up on the radio.... If Mort's tweet about the 11 of 12 balls being 2lbs under inflated never happened, would it all have been as big a deal as it ended up, because, 1 it was inaccurate, and two has never been retracted and everyone jumped on those numbers once the tweet happened, since we now know 10 of the twelve balls, while underinflated, were within the drop predicted by the gas law, another was barely outside the given range, and the last, shrug I got nothing. The pats asked for a correction from the NFL saying what the balls actually were were for days to fix the issue, and the NFL screwed em over

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah man, its crazy, why didn't Kraft fight this shit instead of taking it up the ass? So much innocence! This seriously sounds like shit criminals say to make excuses when they get caught. "We din do nuttin man!!! Da balls was just from da gas laws n shit!".

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hey at least no one one on their team ever killed someone... Damn. Well atleast the Patriots fans don't celebrate their killer.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just an opinion I heard it brought up on the radio.... If Mort's tweet about the 11 of 12 balls being 2lbs under inflated never happened, would it all have been as big a deal as it ended up, because, 1 it was inaccurate, and two has never been retracted and everyone jumped on those numbers once the tweet happened, since we now know 10 of the twelve balls, while underinflated, were within the drop predicted by the gas law, another was barely outside the given range, and the last, shrug I got nothing. The pats asked for a correction from the NFL saying what the balls actually were were for days to fix the issue, and the NFL screwed em over
Several times I wondered this as well but then I look at all the work Brady did to stop this investigation. At a guy being called "the Deflator". At Brady suddenly talking to guys he never talked to before...multiple times. At Kraft being willing to take the punishment, fire 'innocent' guys, and enrage his fan base.

I look at the extreme effort Goodell is taking to punish these 'innocent' men and there is way too much smoke. I remind myself of the otherworldly TO differential the Patriots have had since their last time being caught. The smoke really is getting bad. This thing looks like a California wildfire and these guys just aren't innocent. Cheating hurts the game. This team was extremely good and only needed the slightest of edges to dominate every year. No wonder they did.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
As with most big corporate scandals I think neither side is particularly innocent and both are doing their best to make the other the scape goat. The actual truth behind all this is probably really fucking mundane. That's not nearly as fun to discuss, though. And the NFL mishandling something is passe at this point after so many dumb things they've done over the last few years regarding punishments. So, the hot story is how everything the Patriots have ever done has just been a huge conspiracy of cheating and they didn't earn any of it. Which means the Giants are even bigger cheaters?

Even if by some miracle the truth comes out and Brady did nothing, will that change anything? Perception is still what rules over facts, especially in this day and age of social media where news is simply what people think they know and want to talk about. It's far more entertaining that way, though, so it's fine by me I suppose.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
We'll see. I think Goodell was shooting from the hip on this really quickly after the rice debacle. From their own report any real issue seems unlikely. 2 out of 12 balls outside of scientifically explained phenomenon hardly seems worth all this fuss.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Azeth reminds me of Lumie where his posts are so over the top and filled with so much conviction that they read like trolls to me. I know he isn't trolling though and that just makes it worse.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I could just imagine what sports reporting and twitter would be like during the Michael Irvin years of the Cowboys

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Several times I wondered this as well but then I look at all the work Brady did to stop this investigation. At a guy being called "the Deflator". At Brady suddenly talking to guys he never talked to before...multiple times. At Kraft being willing to take the punishment, fire 'innocent' guys, and enrage his fan base.

I look at the extreme effort Goodell is taking to punish these 'innocent' men and there is way too much smoke. I remind myself of the otherworldly TO differential the Patriots have had since their last time being caught. The smoke really is getting bad. This thing looks like a California wildfire and these guys just aren't innocent. Cheating hurts the game. This team was extremely good and only needed the slightest of edges to dominate every year. No wonder they did.
I think this is a point that a lot of loyalists miss. It was absolutely in the NFL's best interest for this to go away. There is nothing gained by them taking this as far as it's going to end up going. You have to ask, Why is the NFL willing to take this to the point of alienating an owner, punishing one of it's highest profile teams and players if there is nothing here?

It takes a huge amount of paranoia to believe they're (the NFL) is just out to get the Patriots considering the amount of bad press this has caused.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If it was in the best interest of this to go away the NFL would have informed the Pats, and subsequently all teams, that there had been information regarding intentionally deflated balls, and to not do it. Or, they would have checked the balls pre-game and at halftime to make sure they were legit and simply fixed them and warned the teams. Then in the offseason put forward policy to keep it from ever happening. THEN if a team doesn't follow those rules, bust them.

Instead, they had a complaint during the season, sat on it and waited until that same team complained again about the Pats in a playoff game, then clumsily tried to catch the team in the act and didn't even do that very well? I don't think it was a sting, just really fucking inept.

At that point the NFL could have told the public it was something they knew about and did nothing to stop, which would have then put THEM in the crossfires for integrity of the game discussions. So instead, they played like they were ignorant and honestly were probably pretty happy they got to react tough on something that wasn't a black athlete doing something criminal. It was a white star who the NFL thought they had caught red handed messing with the integrity of the game, and the public outcry was deafening, so much so when the initial reaction wasn't quick enough, when people were criticizing the NFL saying they were playing favorites because of Kraft and the witness of those involved, the NFL had a chance to prove they aren't racist and really just care about the integrity of the game, so could drop the hammer on a privileged franchise with privileged white faces.

Of course, in for a penny, in for a pound, and once things started ramping up you've kinda gotta see it through. And why not? Even when reports come out that contradict facts, nobody in the public eye seems to care? Seems like the NFL wins in the court of public opinion, which of course is what they really care about. We went from people outraged by the NFL bungling punishments and/or defending the black athletes being punished for criminal things, to everyone happy about a witch-hunt on a white public figure no matter the facts or circumstances. The NFL doesn't want this to go away. This is great for the NFL!