The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

What the hell? I've never heard that before, pretty funny.
Peyton Manning is Lucky Social Media Wasns Face | The Big Lead

It's funny that most people have never heard of this. My cousin went to Tennessee during the time of the incident so that is probably the only reason I ever heard about it. Although according to her the "mooning" version is what made the rounds of the campus. Only later when a friend I told about the incident didn't believe me did I read about the trainers accusations from an article I found while googling it up for them.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
the testicles and the area in between the testicles.
The area between the testicles? I wonder if she meant between the nuts and the butthole. Either way, I was entertained. +1.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds a little fishy to me. Might have just cried enough to get some money.

Sounds a little fishy to me. Might have just cried enough to get some money.
Not that this story is relevant anymore, but from that article and the couple others I've read about it the person he supposedly moons wrote to manning to tell him to come clean. So who knows. Just something funny that I was thinking of when hearing about how Winston was being compared to manning from a football IQ and game read standpoint at the combine.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hate this time of the year. Even though the anticipation for training camp and the season can be a bit much, I think the time between the Super Bowl and the draft is perhaps worse. You just don't know what your team is going to look like when they come out the other end of that tunnel.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that this story is relevant anymore, but from that article and the couple others I've read about it the person he supposedly moons wrote to manning to tell him to come clean. So who knows. Just something funny that I was thinking of when hearing about how Winston was being compared to manning from a football IQ and game read standpoint at the combine.
Would just be weirdly out of character, but hey it's possible. Either way she chose to settle with him (twice I believe since he "violated" original agreement by talking to ESPN about it at one point), so it's done and over with at this point.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All I can think of is a video of him hitting his mom, pretty sure it was his mom, if its something the public already knows about but hasn't seen.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I heard something of this recently. Seeing as how it stemmed from Mike "I rumormill the shit out of anything Dallas" Florio, I would take it with a grain of salt.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
it's almost March. when does the fucking Combine hype start?
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Troy Vincent: Defensive pass interference could become a 15-yard penalty | ProFootballTalk

I'm glad they are at least looking at the situation but I'm not sure making it a 15 yard penalty is the correct thing to do. Think I would rather keep it as is and let replay tell the story when its needed.
I'm in the 'let them challenge anything' school of thought as well. I don't buy their "we don't want the games to be longer" bullshit either. I know I have been far more turned off of the NFL due to the huge impact the refs are having on the games these days than an extra 4 minutes of run-time would cause. If the coaches still only get 2-3 challenges a game how much longer could things possibly get stretched out?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So on any throw deeper than 15 yards - if the receiver looks like he may catch that ball - just tackle the receiver before he has the chance. Stupid.
It is the way college football does it. Admittedly I don't watch a whole lot of college ball so I don't know what kind of impact the 15 yard rule has on the game but I don't hear people crying for them to change to the current NFL rule.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
They could make it 15 and have a replay provision for blatant and obvious at the spot of the foul when a defender just obviously tackles the guy to keep him from catching it in some ridiculous fashion. Probably would add more drama.

I prefer to leave it as is and open it up to replay. That seems the safer option to see how it impacts things.