The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Looks like Peypey is taking a pey-cut to free up some salary cap space. Does this make him as good as Brady again?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder what those numbers would be if you only counted people who start at their position. I have to think that the numbers are skewed down by backups and practice squad type players that never saw the field but were still out of the NFL in 1 or 2 years.
That's what I was thinking too, I was just too lazy to respond earlier. Like, I'm 100% positive that there are way more running backs brought into camp compared to QB's. So that skews the stats quite a bit. Those guys picked up as UDFA and end up cut before training camp lower that number hardcore.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Disappointed with the Cassell news. I was looking forward to a Sexy Rexy and Sanchize reunion for the lawls. Bastards.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Curious to see if he resigns at a lower number or actually goes free agent. IMO if he is smart he will resign at a lower # and retire a Patriot.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think the McCoy trade makes sense. The Eagles O-Line was one of the best in the league last year and McCoy produced at an average level (though maybe some of that was injury-related). Add in the salary ramification and I can definitely see why it was done.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what those numbers would be if you only counted people who start at their position. I have to think that the numbers are skewed down by backups and practice squad type players that never saw the field but were still out of the NFL in 1 or 2 years.
I wondered where linemen fit in. They tend to have long careers and are hit every single play (which would put the lie to one of their conclusions, if I'm right). I didn't see it in that article, did they mention them?

Hey wait, livestrong.com? Isn't that Lance Armstrong's organization?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Livestrong site often comes up with some good search results for me for health and fitness advice, not just cycling related but in general.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I wondered where linemen fit in. They tend to have long careers and are hit every single play (which would put the lie to one of their conclusions, if I'm right).
No one cares about the big men. It's sad. I'd say lineman take more damage than RB's or WR's or CB's because they are involved, like you said, in every play. Since defenses have started to rotate their d-line guys in and out, I think offensive line is probably the most difficult, grueling position in football.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He didn't dope. I wasn't sure for a while, but seeing what's happening now, where they're taking back advertising money they paid him, has convinced me it's all a load of bullshit. He probably decided it wasn't worth fighting, but didn't realize the buzzards would come for him like this. He won those tours de france, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He didn't dope. I wasn't sure for a while, but seeing what's happening now, where they're taking back advertising money they paid him, has convinced me it's all a load of bullshit. He probably decided it wasn't worth fighting, but didn't realize the buzzards would come for him like this. He won those tours de france, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
Then you're a fucking moron

moontayle

Golden Squire
Linemen have contact on every play but their bodies in general are better at absorbing the impact, which is actually not as much as an RB or QB who are generally smacked by someone going at full speed, versus two bodies being at full stop and jumping up to push on each other.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Linemen have contact on every play but their bodies in general are better at absorbing the impact, which is actually not as much as an RB or QB who are generally smacked by someone going at full speed, versus two bodies being at full stop and jumping up to push on each other.
not to mention that RBs are most often hit by people that are much bigger than them(sometimes 100+ lbs heavier). Lineman get smacked around every play, but they don't ever have someone smash into them with a 20-yard running headstart that weighs 50% more than they do.