The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Cowboys and fans liked DeMarco, but I don't think there will be any tears shed over losing him. I think most are just happy he got paid, finally.

The Eagles on the other hand bringing the WTF's out in force.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Cowboys would not have had the season they had without him. Romo can't carry a team
This is true but how much of his production was due to his situation in Dallas (Oline, good passing attack)

We shall see but I don't think he'll see nearly the same success. I also think they can plug and play a back in Dallas and get decent results without having to pay big. Running backs just aren't worth big money.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cowboys would not have had the season they had without him. Romo can't carry a team
No shit but that doesn't mean he is worth that contract moving forward. Contracts are not rewards for past performance, they are for future performance. Every metric we have for RBs at his carry totals for last season and age say he is about to fall off a cliff. He might be the exception because his carries were very low prior to last year, but at that dollar amount, pass.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He is a physical runner as well, as in looks to inflict punishment as well as willing to take it. Think Marion Barber, but not quite as physical. This past season is probably the best we will ever see of Murray. It is very unlikely that he will repeat or come close to those numbers ever again.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I really like how all the really good defensive veterans are going to every AFC East team except the Patriots. It's like God making up for deflategate. RIP Brady.

Colts should pick up AP just for funsies. Just for a year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No shit but that doesn't mean he is worth that contract moving forward. Contracts are not rewards for past performance, they are for future performance. Every metric we have for RBs at his carry totals for last season and age say he is about to fall off a cliff. He might be the exception because his carries were very low prior to last year, but at that dollar amount, pass.
He's basically to Dallas what lynch is to Seattle. You're just trying to ease the pain. Best year Dallas had in a long time was due in large part to him and now he's gone. You don't just replace guys like that. Not sure what you're smoking. AP is only chance Dallas has and he might cost a lot with picks and salary

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's basically to Dallas what lynch is to Seattle. You're just trying to ease the pain. Best year Dallas had in a long time was due in large part to him and now he's gone. You don't just replace guys like that. Not sure what you're smoking. AP is only chance Dallas has and he might cost a lot with picks and salary
Except you can replace them pretty easily. Both the Bengals RBs we took in the 2nd round. It is easy to get RB talent these days.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except you can replace them pretty easily. Both the Bengals RBs we took in the 2nd round. It is easy to get RB talent these days.
Sure you can have a serviceable guy but Murray was a game changer and did so much on the field. I don't expect the same numbers bc that kind of volume is crazy but he'll have a big year here.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Murray was more a benefactor of the best O line in the game more than anything else. I'm sure he's still top 10 running back, but I wouldn't imagine top 5. Lynch, however, was a bad motherfucker who kept going while being gang tackled. He didn't have holes he made holes himself.

If they get AP and keep those gaps though it'll be like Murray+++. AP will get through and be gone. I'd expect several 50+yd runs from him this season if they get him.