The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We can all get behind that, hopefully both games are scheduled early in the season.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably wont play NE until later in the season since we played them week 1 last year.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
All signs point to the Dolphins and Bills being legit next year. No guaranteed 6 wins in the division for the Pats this year.
Pats were only 4-2 last season. Dolphins owned them in the second half during the season opener, and Bills D confirmed in the last game of the regular season. That last game had no more impact on the standings though, so you can assume Pats had their foot off the pedal.

I'm more worried about the Colts amping up, to be a real contender for the AFC Championship. The last few years their run defense was a sieve. If they fix that this off-season, they have a shot at the SB.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Colts also need a run game. Luck passes like 50 times a game. You can't cause that many TOs and win in the playoffs.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Colts lucked into the position they were in. They were not a great team. They would have to have some pretty serious defense improvement.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Pats were only 4-2 last season. Dolphins owned them in the second half during the season opener, and Bills D confirmed in the last game of the regular season. That last game had no more impact on the standings though, so you can assume Pats had their foot off the pedal.

I'm more worried about the Colts amping up, to be a real contender for the AFC Championship. The last few years their run defense was a sieve. If they fix that this off-season, they have a shot at the SB.
Colts seem to be adding lots of money to more offensive weapons. Not smart.

Dolphins seem to be the ones closest to knocking Pats off this year and the only team in the AFC East that really concerns me long term. Its going to be a brutal season with 4 physical, talented teams in the division. Good D, legit QB, quality back ups.

Depth = All in the AFCE and you can only really count on 1 certainty in the NFL, the 22 you start with wont be the 22 you end with.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Colts have always been bad at spending, Manning just made up for it. Its basically the same type of team with Luck carrying them instead of Manning now. Might be good enough to get lucky one year in the same fashion that Manning did to get a ring but not with the way they've been running and playing D so far.

Should be basically the same contenders in the AFC as a whole this year. NE better hope Rex can't put together a Brady killing D because you know he's gunning for their asses. I'd think he's in a position like an OSU/Michigan coach, beating the Pats twice a year would probably buy him plenty of seasons of goodwill even if they do continue to miss the playoffs.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How exactly did the Bills D confirm anything at the end of the season? Because the Pats layed down when Coach Vader had nothing to play for? They might be better this year, but there is no way a team churning its entire coaching staff and that much roster competes for even a wild card. The Fins have a better shot at making it into the playoffs this next season. With the AFCN (the actual toughest division) snaking all the wild card spots, the rest of the east is back to what it does every year, namely treating two games a year against the Pats like their superbowl.

Fins have a lot of missing pieces on offense (as pointed out, the line mainly) before they go anywhere. Suh will make the defense tougher, for the 8 games he is not suspended a season, but that was never the problem. With the amount of money they threw at Suh, they are basically going to have to build OLine through the draft, which we all know takes 2-3 years to do. And the Jets, well same story, basically, just sadder.

Of course, my own team is likely fucked since the Vikings are improving and we lost Bulaga. Rodgers is starting to show the glass jaw I was worried about when we drafted him and the line is going to be a mess again next season. And on the other side of the ball, Clayfaker is starting to show roid burnout and playing dirty, plus now we have people courting the mediocre secondary guys we actually have. On top of all that Kuhn is on his last legs (this will most certainly be his last season) and we have nothing in the way of a blocking back to help Lacy play to form. We will win the division, but we won't make past round one of the playoffs next season.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Colts seem to be adding lots of money to more offensive weapons. Not smart.
It's puzzling...wasn't there supposed to have been some big meeting after they got destroyed in the AFC Title game among the owner/GM/HC to discuss what they needed in order to really get to the next level? I can't imagine #1 on the list was "spend more on offense". Improve the running game, sure, but they need to upgrade their defense badly.

Then again, Irsay.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
might be better this year, but there is no way a team churning its entire coaching staff and that much roster competes for even a wild card.
The 2011 SF 49ers were 2 muffed kicks away from being in the Super Bowl after nearly this exact scenario.

Tenks

I'll be interested in the contract details. I'm more concerned with guaranteed money vs potential money. See if DMM bet on himself with an incentive laden contract or if he wanted the sure thing. I heard he's only made 3M so far in the NFL so I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted guaranteed cash with a decent signing bonus.

DiddleySquat

How exactly did the Bills D confirm anything at the end of the season? Because the Pats layed down when Coach Vader had nothing to play for?
Bills had one of the best defenses of the league. 4th in points allowed with an 18.1 avg per game (also 2 DT's and 1 DE to the pro bowl). I already added the caveat that the last game didn't matter to either team. The Bills have a very solid defense, and if there's anything Ryan can coach, its a defense.

Colts added Gore, that addresses the run game already.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's crazy he's made so little. Definitely his chance to cash in. Wonder if Dallas would go hard for Peterson if Murray signs with Philly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be interested in the contract details. I'm more concerned with guaranteed money vs potential money. See if DMM bet on himself with an incentive laden contract or if he wanted the sure thing. I heard he's only made 3M so far in the NFL so I wouldn't be shocked if he wanted guaranteed cash with a decent signing bonus.
Sounds like a lot of guaranteed money.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Philly Fans on DMM as Cowboy: He's waaaaay overrated. SEE that O-Line? That's why he's so good. The Emperor has no clothes!!!1!!1!!1!

Philly Fans on DMM as Eagle: SAVIOR!!!!!!!