The Dangers of Gaming with Women

Do you play video/board games with your wife/gf?

• Total voters

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yes. She loves gaming, but mostly Nintendo based and board/card games as she lacks the skill to play anything super twitchy and has the finesse of a piece of granite when trying to move/aim in modern games. Completing games like It Takes Two and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime together were challenging tests of my patience.

But she has never once complained about me gaming in 7 years even when I've pulled those 100+ hour grind weeks which is the real love.

--

No shows or movies are ever waited upon. We watch them whenever we have time and if that aligns then great, if not oh well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
FB_b8grVcAMRIqM.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
If my wife and I want to watch a show together I usually give her two nights to start it with me before I just do it on my own. It’s amazing how many shows that she was “meh” about that I tell her she’ll love, she ends up loving. You’d think she’d be immediately down for anything I recommend but nope.
Wife hated scifi cause her brother was a dick and would force her to watch a bunch of stupid shit. Carried over but I just asked her to give it a try.

So far she has watch and loved the following
1. DS9 twice
2. Babylon 5 twice
3. Expanse twice
4. Blade runner and 2049
5. Highlander tv series
6. TNG
7. Battlestar Galactica 2004
8. Terminator
9. Alien and aliens

List goes on but she still resists watching new scifi.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will say my ex wife raided with me through BT in TBC then picked it up again in late wrath and early cata. She was fucking awful in cata. She played a hunter though and could do her rotation. She would get out of fire and shit but more complicated dps participation was laughable. She also beat all the Zelda’s through wind waker on her own. She was also psychotic and a whore. I do not miss that. She was a popular girl in HS and hid her nerdy loves. I found out after dating her and she still tried to keep it quiet. Her room had a closet full of horror and sci-fi vhs tapes, an snes and nes, and she spent most of early dating years trying to steal time on my n64. Too bad she couldn’t keep those little legs closed. She also collected beta orbiters like mad toward the end when she started letting her nerdy side out but in a way that reminded me a lot of a twitch thot.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Wife tried some co-op with me during lockdown. She really did try but never a gamer. Couldn't k/b mouse, couldn't gamepad.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ex Wife was super into platformers but could go months without then would lock in like a poopsocker. She was psychotic though hence the ex.

GF is into gaming and similiar movies/shows. It works out quite nicely. If I want to game on my own its cool if I want to coop its cool. She likes RPG, TBS and old school party based RPG like Wizardry and Might and Magic etc. She has beaten plenty of the early games in these series that I haven't.

We also watch a lot of shows together but the rule is we wait until the whole season is out then watch. I can't do the one episode a week bullshit anymore.

Our work schedules are super flexible, I work from home and she is a contractor/consultant who does some travel for speaking engagements.

Honestly after my ex I went looking for someone who shared my likes and interests to a similiar extent and found someone damn near perfect. Like someone else said gf is my best friend and it works out great not into that tradwife stuff. Whatever floats your boat though...

We are both involved in game groups for D&D etc some together some separate. Everyone needs something separate once every week or two imho.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
She's just not able to handle complicated gaming of any kind. Ive tried to no avail.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Ex Wife was super into platformers but could go months without then would lock in like a poopsocker. She was psychotic though hence the ex.

GF is into gaming and similiar movies/shows. It works out quite nicely. If I want to game on my own its cool if I want to coop its cool. She likes RPG, TBS and old school party based RPG like Wizardry and Might and Magic etc. She has beaten plenty of the early games in these series that I haven't.

We also watch a lot of shows together but the rule is we wait until the whole season is out then watch. I can't do the one episode a week bullshit anymore.

Our work schedules are super flexible, I work from home and she is a contractor/consultant who does some travel for speaking engagements.

Honestly after my ex I went looking for someone who shared my likes and interests to a similiar extent and found someone damn near perfect. Like someone else said gf is my best friend and it works out great not into that tradwife stuff. Whatever floats your boat though...

We are both involved in game groups for D&D etc some together some separate. Everyone needs something separate once every week or two imho.
Wasn't it lindz lindz who met someone that way, seperate gaming? I forget.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The wife likes fighting games mostly, some of the simpler pick up games as well like Nidhogg and Bro Force. She still plays Soul Calibur II on the PS2 weekly, beats my ass over half the time as well. She got pretty good at MvC II to the point of wanted an arcade stick, she bounced off DB fighterz though. She use to play EQ with me but one day I said hey are you going to eat today and she said yeah at dinner time, I told her it was 2AM and she freaked out, hasn't touched it since.

• 3Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Haven't had a GF in a couple years, but I've tried to get every GF I've ever had interested in games. Best I could ever do was get them to watch me play for a while if the game had good visuals. They tend to like character creators but not much past that.

I've had a few GFs who didn't even want to watch me play anything and those never lasted too long (for a variety of reasons, not that). Have also had a few who actively enjoyed watching me play things. I got one to watch me play like half of Pokemon Gen 1 on emulator (about 6 hours of it), which has to be a record.

As far as playing games alongside them? Nope, nothing. Only time I've ever gamed with anyone female was when my mom played EQ with me for like an entire year. Said I needed a healer, she made a character. I should try that with girls.

• 1Worf

Samuraibrah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The wife likes fighting games mostly, some of the simpler pick up games as well like Nidhogg and Bro Force. She still plays Soul Calibur II on the PS2 weekly, beats my ass over half the time as well. She got pretty good at MvC II to the point of wanted an arcade stick, she bounced off DB fighterz though. She use to play EQ with me but one day I said hey are you going to eat today and she said yeah at dinner time, I told her it was 2AM and she freaked out, hasn't touched it since.

She beats you? Oh, man. I've got some bad news, bruh.

Xerge

<Donor>
The real winners are the console women who refuse to acknowledge the benefits of PC gaming. ESO console is an interesting world

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yea when i met my wife in college, she had a n64 and only two games, turok and killer instinct 2. "i was like oh lets play ki2"

she embarressingly whooped my ass real quick, back then our college rec center had a huge tv and someone always brought a ps1 and ppl would play tekken everyday, one day someone brought a n64 and ki2.

i said why don't you go play,

no one could dethrone her, after 1hr she handicapped herself and stopped using jago, after 1hr of fulgor, she just switched to random characters while everyone is just piling into the rec center to watch this, ppl were standing on chairs.

after the 3rd hour we were gonna be late for class and no one ever came close really.

that was also the last time anyone brought in a n64, nerds have sensitive egos

• 1Worf