The "Defeat Rajaah" Backlog Challenge (Ends May 31st @ 11:59 PM EST)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220415_215028.jpg

Finished Injustice 2, this one's been sitting around for a while. Not sure why it took me so long because it's only a few hours long. Very cool game, basically Mortal Kombat with DC characters.

Completed.png

Edit: Also very close to done (80% or so) with Jedi Fallen Order, gonna knock that out next. After that, I finish Nuka-World (blerg) or I finally hit GOTG. Depends on whether I feel like suffering or not

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220417_001701.jpg

Finished Jedi Fallen Order, this one was a long time coming. It was pretty annoying early-on with all the getting lost, but it got better towards the end with more powers and saber customization. More thoughts on it in this post:

Next up, Nuka World

1649864888576.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Regime Regime I see why I stopped playing Nuka-World before. Objectives are super vague. It wants me to make my settlement happy (and the settlement is at 76% already) but I don't even know how to get to the settlement. The objective marker takes me to a train car that goes around in a big circle. I could do some side objectives for this one guy, but other than that I don't see many options. And I gotta get 100% in this too

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Lego Skywalker Saga down. The pacing of the different gameplay styles level to level, episode to episode kept things enjoyable the whole way through.

LegoSkywalkerComplete.jpg

LegoSkywalkerHLTB.jpg

CompletedCropped.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My next plans were Guardians of the Galaxy and finishing off Nuka-World. I need to be in the right mood for FO4 (aka very patient) and haven't been yet. GOTG I made good progress in, got around halfway through the game, but it's wearing thin now. Every five minutes I'm dropped in a scenario where I have to go around examining things until the game advances, which is one of my least favorite modern game tropes. Chapter 7 just went on and on for ages, and the environments have gotten redundant (most of the levels seem to be refineries).

So taking a break from that to prevent burnout, kinda want to start something from scratch that isn't planned at all. Got Amalur Re-Reckoning and Ys: Celceta on the shelf here and neither of those is super long (about 20 hours) so I'm strongly considering tackling one of those next.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My next plans were Guardians of the Galaxy and finishing off Nuka-World. I need to be in the right mood for FO4 (aka very patient) and haven't been yet. GOTG I made good progress in, got around halfway through the game, but it's wearing thin now. Every five minutes I'm dropped in a scenario where I have to go around examining things until the game advances, which is one of my least favorite modern game tropes. Chapter 7 just went on and on for ages, and the environments have gotten redundant (most of the levels seem to be refineries).

So taking a break from that to prevent burnout, kinda want to start something from scratch that isn't planned at all. Got Amalur Re-Reckoning and Ys: Celceta on the shelf here and neither of those is super long (about 20 hours) so I'm strongly considering tackling one of those next.
GotG is wildly overrated. People were raving about it, but really the best thing it had going for it was how shitty that previous Marvel game was to make it seem better by comparison.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
GotG is wildly overrated. People were raving about it, but really the best thing it had going for it was how shitty that previous Marvel game was to make it seem better by comparison.

Yeah, GOTG really is overrated. It's become a slog because I want to see it through to the end. I can't say it was a must-play or anything, but at least I got it for half-off on that holiday sale.

A few more hours of pain and I can put that one away. Taking this backlog clearing very seriously. Probably gonna fire up one of those other games this weekend though. Amalur has been on the backlog for so long that it has a remastered version now.

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Knocked out some coop games with the gf and sister/bro in law. Castle Crashers I swapped chars halfway through so I didn’t get the “complete the game with a char” or whatever trophy, which is super dumb. But had no desire to keep playing to unlock it. Don’t particularly care if it’s included for the points calc! I find Overcooked incredibly fun, but that makes sense since I enjoy optimizing things. Looking forward to Overcooked 2, this All You Can Eat bundle was a really good deal.

47171142-A230-4FBC-9EF6-73FA0A0356A4.png

C3AA8C05-FE39-4B4B-AD27-FC61D4A6942F.png

61BF2D81-610E-44E2-AF21-C13A9B24C4B1.png

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Knocked out some coop games with the gf and sister/bro in law. Castle Crashers I swapped chars halfway through so I didn’t get the “complete the game with a char” or whatever trophy, which is super dumb. But had no desire to keep playing to unlock it. Don’t particularly care if it’s included for the points calc! I find Overcooked incredibly fun, but that makes sense since I enjoy optimizing things. Looking forward to Overcooked 2, this All You Can Eat bundle was a really good deal.

View attachment 409377

View attachment 409378

Yeah they both count.

I started Kingdoms of Amalur last night. It's about what I expected all these years. Strongly resembles WoW and Fable. Brings absolutely nothing new to the table, but what it does do, it does fairly well. I could see someone really being into it if they've never played an MMO or Fable or Witcher.

Got 3 hours in, playing a caster, pretty much steamrolling everything by using talent points on the most OP range attacks.

Having a lot more fun with this than GOTG at least. Not all backlog-clearing has to be work

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This one is a real, real long time backlog entry:

Icewind Dale Enhance Edition
Took about 44 Hours
MDI4MjM

completedcropped-png.408799

I started and stop this game, probably 4 different times over the past 20 years. I've played through BG1 and BG2 probably 4 times each, but never could get past the first few hours with this one. Finally kicked in the dick and finished the whole thing.

Untitled.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This one is a real, real long time backlog entry:

Icewind Dale Enhance Edition
Took about 44 Hours
MDI4MjM

completedcropped-png.408799

I started and stop this game, probably 4 different times over the past 20 years. I've played through BG1 and BG2 probably 4 times each, but never could get past the first few hours with this one. Finally kicked in the dick and finished the whole thing.

View attachment 409625

That's awesome, I have this one backlogged to check out eventually but it's a lower priority than Baldur's Gate obviously.

20220426_042505.jpg

Just finished Amalur. Banged this out in four late-night sessions. Took 12 hours and I finished the game at level 21. Feels like the entire second half of the game got left out or something. Suuuuuper generic game all in all, very much a single-player action-WoW. I doubt I'll remember any of it. Was a relaxing diversion though, super easy, outside of the couple of times when enemies outleveled me and I had to stop and grind.

20220426_042747.jpg

You can also take off your character's shirt and the females have fantastic racks, so points for that. Ended up needing to robe up before too long to keep enemies from doing too much damage.

Too bad there'll never be an Amalur 2 and I see what they were going for here. It just didn't have any real creative spark though.

1649864888576.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This weekend I'm gonna plow. Got GOTG to finish up, need some willpower on that one 'cause it's definitely leaning in the direction of overrated. After that I'm thinking I'll finally take on Resident Evil 1 Remake, very much in the mood for it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This weekend I'm gonna plow. Got GOTG to finish up, need some willpower on that one 'cause it's definitely leaning in the direction of overrated. After that I'm thinking I'll finally take on Resident Evil 1 Remake, very much in the mood for it.
Haha get it! These past weeks I got involved in the new Season for Diablo 3 for a bit, then I'm dabbling in WoW, and Overwatch, and basically nothing single player. However I don't mind it, these are my roots! This is what made me miss out on all these single player games in the first place because I was full on neckbeard in an MMO or whatever. If I kick the MMO habit again I'll be back and ready to tear through some more single player games.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Haha get it! These past weeks I got involved in the new Season for Diablo 3 for a bit, then I'm dabbling in WoW, and Overwatch, and basically nothing single player. However I don't mind it, these are my roots! This is what made me miss out on all these single player games in the first place because I was full on neckbeard in an MMO or whatever. If I kick the MMO habit again I'll be back and ready to tear through some more single player games.

I know what you mean, I missed pretty much all of 2004 to 2009 in single-player gaming because I was wasting my prime mid 20's years playing EQ and WoW etc.

Missing those five years put my gaming on a delay that I still haven't totally recovered from (hence having a backlog).

Also it caused me to pretty much entirely miss the Game Boy Advance era. That era has been a gold mine for me in emulation. In 2015 or so I started emulating GBA on the Wii and suddenly had hundreds of new games that basically didn't exist for me before, like Metroid Fusion and the Fire Emblems and so on. Advance Wars was great too. It was almost like finding a Second SNES Era in the couch cushions.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220502_081129.jpg

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Really good game during rhe cutscenes and story. Gameplay was lacking pretty hard and redundant as hell. I can't really badmouth the game though, it has lots of heart. The blue llama was hilarious, hope it makes it into GOTG3 somehow.

1649864888576.png

• 3Like

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Overall positive experience with Guardians, solid 7/10 if I'm being fair. It had a real knack for making me like it one moment and then doing something annoying the next. There is more good than bad thankfully and the voices won me over after seeming weird early on. Worth the play through.

GOTGComplete.jpg

GOTG-HLTB.jpg

CompletedCropped.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Overall positive experience with Guardians, solid 7/10 if I'm being fair. It had a real knack for making me like it one moment and then doing something annoying the next. There is more good than bad thankfully and the voices won me over after seeming weird early on. Worth the play through.

View attachment 410744

View attachment 410745

View attachment 410746

The main annoyance in this game was the parts where it'd drop you in a room where you had to inspect things in a certain order, or whatever. The birthday scenes later in the game were so annoying because I didn't know what to do and basically just kept inspecting everything in different orders. That was about when I mentally checked out on the game, but I only had like one real chapter and a couple boss fights left.