The Delicious Candy Thread

TJR

20532.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
started hunting for a good sour candy...

Now and Later Sour Shell Shocked was a complete disappointment. the cherry flavor was less sour than biting into an actual ripe cherry. the watermelon and apple flavors were just as disappointing.

Airheads Extreme Sourfuls Rainbow Berry bites tasted just like classic Sour Punch straws... so not real sour, but decent. still not going to buy again.

Sour Skittles are the best i've found so far on my limited search.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sour Sweet Tarts (formerly Shock Tarts) are the best sour candy I've found.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

Now and Later Sour Shell Shocked was a complete disappointment. the cherry flavor was less sour than biting into an actual ripe cherry. the watermelon and apple flavors were just as disappointing.

Airheads Extreme Sourfuls Rainbow Berry bites tasted just like classic Sour Punch straws... so not real sour, but decent. still not going to buy again.

When I was a kid I bought some Terminator 2 sour candy and ate the entire container throughout one day. My tongue was in pain and super-sensitive for a couple of days after that.

3296207c36ae1a0f8f27f3647e8fed7c.jpg

(Not sure if this was the actual packaging, but that's what GIS gave me.)

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I still generally stick w/ my warheads whenever I see them. Toxic Waste was another good one too, friend at one point in time within the last 5 years scooped a box from an out of business sale for cheap and we destroyed it. Good ol burns on the tongue kinda good.
Toxic_Waste_candy.png

My recent trip to Japan, I found something that was probably top tier, if not the best sour candy I have had to date.

20171011_008.jpg

UHA Shigekix Super Sour Candies - Lemon - Blippo Kawaii Shop

I don't know if its the specific brand that is the same in both packages. But I had this specific one too, and was equally good although when I went to any convenient store, I would at least grab like 4 packages of the other kind because I never saw this kind. Whenever I go to my parents house, i'll try to check the package.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Sour Sweet Tarts (formerly Shock Tarts) are the best sour candy I've found.

found a bag of extreme sour sweettarts. definitely the exact same thing as OG shocktarts. good stuff. they never give you enough blues and reds tho, and way too many oranges.

i ate maybe 12 and my tongue legit burned aftewards. taking bites of my dinner was painful. all around, good experience, would burn my tongue again. 9/10

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my mouth hurts a lot, but i can't stop eating them

i'm quite the masochist i guess

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
red velvet chips ahoy.jpg
red velvet chips ahoy 2.jpg

these things are fucking awesome. dip them in milk, for sure.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
When I was a kid and my Mom had to take my brother and I somewhere that we had to be extra well behaved she would tell us that if we were good we would each get one candy. My asshole brother (4 years older) would get a Whatchamacallit and it would gone in just a few minutes. I would get an ABBA-ZABA because that shit would last the whole drive home and beyond. Being so much younger I was seldom on the winning side of anything with him, so the fact that I still had candy and he didn't was a big victory. I have only spoken to my brother like 5 or 6 times in the last 20 years because he is still an asshole, but every time I see an ABBA-ZABA it makes me smile because fuck him.
1566675249583.png
1566675548491.png

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
When I was a kid and my Mom had to take my brother and I somewhere that we had to be extra well behaved she would tell us that if we were good we would each get one candy. My asshole brother (4 years older) would get a Whatchamacallit and it would gone in just a few minutes. I would get an ABBA-ZABA because that shit would last the whole drive home and beyond. Being so much younger I was seldom on the winning side of anything with him, so the fact that I still had candy and he didn't was a big victory. I have only spoken to my brother like 5 or 6 times in the last 20 years because he is still an asshole, but every time I see an ABBA-ZABA it makes me smile because fuck him.
View attachment 220377View attachment 220378
Whatchamacallit is the candy bar that was so good that you always felt ripped off because it disappeared so fast.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I didn't like candy all that much but my dad was always so excited to smuggle candy and soda into a movie theater. I ended up picking my favorite candy based on how concealable it was. I still don't like candy, but if I see a movie with my dad I wear a big coat and bring in all sorts of bullshit he likes to eat.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I didn't like candy all that much but my dad was always so excited to smuggle candy and soda into a movie theater. I ended up picking my favorite candy based on how concealable it was. I still don't like candy, but if I see a movie with my dad I wear a big coat and bring in all sorts of bullshit he likes to eat.
Teens and twenties was all about seeing what you could sneak in to a theater. On of my friends had JNCOs and would shove dueces of malt liqour in the back pockets and noone was the wiser. I had a jacket that could conceal 6 Wendys Jr bacons lol.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how many people have actually heard of this. As a kid, we might have gotten one as a treat if we behaved in public and didn't go apeshit. So we'd wait until we were at the checkout aisle to (politely and somewhat quietly) ask for one.

As I got older, though, they started seeming like they were actually TOO sweet. Like "rot your teeth right out of your head" levels of sweet. But it might have been the super-strong cherry flavor, too.

1566687825928.png

1566687758751.png

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Sevens

Log Wizard
I'm not sure how many people have actually heard of this. As a kid, we might have gotten one as a treat if we behaved in public and didn't go apeshit. So we'd wait until we were at the checkout aisle to (politely and somewhat quietly) ask for one.

As I got older, though, they started seeming like they were actually TOO sweet. Like "rot your teeth right out of your head" levels of sweet. But it might have been the super-strong cherry flavor, too.

View attachment 220392

View attachment 220391
I adore Cherry Mash...Them and Good and Plenty are my two favorite candies ever

• 1Like

SyKicK

Trakanon Raider
These are like crack. First had them in England last summer, but they have just came out here in Canada.

1517316604-cdm-oreo-bites.jpg